New Jango and New Boba figs! Medicom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What does that even mean? The people who are going to buy Hammerhead, Nien Nunb and random death star guard number 4 are going to buy them regardless of when the most wanted characters are made. How old is this line now? 5, 6 years?! And we're still waiting on Boba Fett? Holy god.

You said it.

What does that even mean? The people who are going to buy Hammerhead, Nien Nunb and random death star guard number 4 are going to buy them regardless of when the most wanted characters are made. How old is this line now? 5, 6 years?! And we're still waiting on Boba Fett? Holy god.

Not just Boba Fett... but Chewbacca (which is still a long ways away), C-3P0, R2-D2, Tusken Raider, Jawa, etc.

At least Yoda's announcement is just around the corner (perhaps tomorrow).

But yeah, Sideshow's Product Planning = :banghead

Not just Boba Fett... but Chewbacca (which is still a long ways away), C-3P0, R2-D2, Tusken Raider, Jawa, etc.

Yeah, I´m new to this, but i think they have missed lots of great figures, scout trooper, snow trooper, Luke in pilot suit, Chewie... As for medicom i only own an Anakin and besides the scale issue I´m really happy with that figure, that´s why I´m buying this 2 for sure...

I know this has been discussed before, but I have to believe that the release strategy is for the most part calculated, with the exception of engineering challenges (3PO/Chewie). If Sideshow brought out a steady stream of core characters, I think the line could potentially lose momentum after that. With that said, I'm not real happy with the excessive (and consecutive) love the EU has been getting in the PF scale lately. They seem to have lost the balance of core and obscure slanting wildly to the obscure with the PFs, which can also impact the momentum of the line.

Medicom knows what people want and they give it to them..four Fetts produced before one from SSC.. Disgratziani!

Yea. Love the Medicom Old Ben Kenobi and Princess Leia. Their Emperor looks fantastic next to the Royal Guard they made a couple years ago.

This is speaking in generalizations, but it's the concept that as long as SSC holds back on a Fett or Yoda or other highly desired figure, we as collectors will always be coming back. Collectors want to collect. If SSC keeps putting out sub-par level characters, we will continue to buy them, with the hopes that one day they will make the grail-type characters that we want. "Oh, Hammerhead. That'll look nice next to my Fett that I'm sure SSC will make next year. Better grab that Hammerhead now, since there isn't anything else going on." Or, "Holy crap, it's Hammerhead! I've always wanted one. Sold."

Again, there's also production quality. Would you want a Boba that has the same quality as Bespin Han or ROTJ Luke? No, way. So, I'm fine with SSC taking their time. Sure, it sucks to wait, but I want them to churn out some easy money with the variously colored Clones and easy EU characters (c'mon, Thrawn was soooo easy for them to make), so that way they can start dumping that profit into making a perfect Fett or Yoda.

Patience is key. Or you can be like the occasional posters here that just jump in and whine "Where's my Chewbacca?!" and demonstrate just how useless a post you can make.

I was thinking the preview looks a hell of a lot like his robe. ;)

Yea. Love the Medicom Old Ben Kenobi and Princess Leia. Their Emperor looks fantastic next to the Royal Guard they made a couple years ago.

:tap Don't forget about Medi's Chewbacca. Not even HotToys can touch that level of quality on such a demanded, high-end figure.

I am on the fence on these, should I pick up the ROTJ Boba Fett? They look good, and I never bought any of the old Fett Releases.

This is speaking in generalizations, but it's the concept that as long as SSC holds back on a Fett or Yoda or other highly desired figure, we as collectors will always be coming back. Collectors want to collect. If SSC keeps putting out sub-par level characters, we will continue to buy them, with the hopes that one day they will make the grail-type characters that we want. "Oh, Hammerhead. That'll look nice next to my Fett that I'm sure SSC will make next year. Better grab that Hammerhead now, since there isn't anything else going on." Or, "Holy crap, it's Hammerhead! I've always wanted one. Sold."

Again, there's also production quality. Would you want a Boba that has the same quality as Bespin Han or ROTJ Luke? No, way. So, I'm fine with SSC taking their time. Sure, it sucks to wait, but I want them to churn out some easy money with the variously colored Clones and easy EU characters (c'mon, Thrawn was soooo easy for them to make), so that way they can start dumping that profit into making a perfect Fett or Yoda.

Patience is key. Or you can be like the occasional posters here that just jump in and whine "Where's my Chewbacca?!" and demonstrate just how useless a post you can make.

Well put, Red Metal. I'm absolutely fine with waiting for them to make the perfect Boba. The wait is frustrating, sure. The only concern with not putting out the top tier figures early is that the line could fizzle out and end without ever seeing some of the more important characters (see LOTR and Indy 1:6 lines for that!). But this line is going to be around for a while so there is no need to rush.

i haven't been a huge fan of Medicom, but Boba is one fig that really stands out. get it.

SSC has been cranking out clone trooper after clone trooper after clone trooper(with the exception of a few storm troopers) so its been easy for me to resist SW 1:6 figs, but between Medi's Boba Fett and SSC Yoda I had to pull the trigger.

About that RotJ Boba...was the rocket actually red like that? For the life of me, I thought it was green.

It should look like silver, stripped red
ESB
dsc06954oq8.jpg

RotJ
DSC_0028.jpg

I have really been looking forward to passing on these two figures! Thank goodness my wait is over and I have that taken care of!

People are afraid for their collection to look like this............

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the horror!

001-23.jpg

But yeah get Boba, he's a great fig, and on the newer improved bodys will be even better.

004-27.jpg

003-24.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, this thread made me have a good play around with my Medicom Fett again. It's awesome. If SS make one that's more awesome, then great. But seriously guys, don't wait - there's an awesome Fett available right here and now.

Back