New Jango and New Boba figs! Medicom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm curious about something. As some of you know, I just ordered a Medi Boba through Sideshow. But I was just going through this thread from a while back when it was first released, and it seems like it sold out pretty quickly back then and was relatively hard to come by. My question then is how come sideshow still has this in stock? Did medicom produce more?

Alright, one more question regarding the ROTJ Boba. I know they apparently using better plastic now. I am just so nervous to own a medi figure with all the breakages I have read about. Just so I can sleep easy tonight, has there been any reports of breaking whatsoever on these "newer" bodies?

Alright, one more question regarding the ROTJ Boba. I know they apparently using better plastic now. I am just so nervous to own a medi figure with all the breakages I have read about. Just so I can sleep easy tonight, has there been any reports of breaking whatsoever on these "newer" bodies?

None whatsoever. Zero. Zip. Zilch.

Well, I got it and I LOVE IT. It was actually a little bigger than I expected. Overall, really impressive, especially for a medicom figure.

ordered BF from SSC last night using the $20.00 discount code. Looks like a good figure... based on all positive feedback on this fig.from these pages, I'm hoping I won't be disappointed.

Just picked up a ESB new in box for a nice price.
Always wanted a nice fett.

What are the Major differences?

Last edited:
Depends on what you are comparing to?

"Major" differences comparing to Medicom's ROTJ Fett is color scheme and body used. Then lots of small changes to armor and weapons.

If comparing Medi vs SSC ESB Fett? From what I've read and seen, scale and body type used - plus detail!

Got Fett today! MISB.
EnP0z03.jpg

He looks great, but the articulation isn't fantastic.

I assume the ROTJ version is improved?

Last edited:
ROTJ Fett is on the newer body and is far better then the older ones.

The one you have is on an older body and very prone to breaking over time.
If the joints are loose? It may mean it's already brittle and near breaking point.

Note: Loose joints don't necessarily mean they are brittle. It's just that, the older body's have a common problem - breaking!

My suggestion is to swap out the body with a Hot Toys TrueType Slim.
I know it's more money, but it's well worth it. ;)

If the joints are loose? It may mean it's already brittle and near breaking point.

Note: Loose joints don't necessarily mean they are brittle. It's just that, the older body's have a common problem - breaking!

Can you link me to the body? And a tutorial? I'd be up for it :D
I'm more of a transforming robot guy so I'm not that experienced with 1/6ths.
I got him at a good price too so I wouldn't mind spending some more for a better figure.

Last edited:
Well Sideshow sells them: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/truetype-slim-body-hot-toys-901997/ but you can find them sometimes at your local collectible toy store, or online website seller.
As for a tutorial....? No real tutorial that I know of. Just plenty of references/ inspirations to go by: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114034 - mind you. Lots more other threads to search other than that one! Look through this thread! :)

So, I did mine by just carefully taking things apart.

Last edited:
I guess when you're taking it apart you don't worry as much about hurting the body and just keeping the outfit in tact. haha

Last edited:

I swapped mine out with a slim TT I won for fairly cheap. I also swapped out some parts with the SSC versions like others have.

I haven't gotten around to posting pics.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Back