New Hot Toys Terminator Character Poll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
desepleaze1.jpg

For me, the above is a more than adequate 'placeholder' till Hot Toys do their T2 figures after their brand spanking new figures from The Terminator. NECA just came out with this 12" and more are to come, for now I'm getting my T2 fill just fine. T1 would at this moment be a more exciting option. Tech noir T-800 and Kyle Reese, followed later by a redo of the police station shootout T-800 with 2 head choices (singed spikey hair, no eyebrows but otherwise undamaged and battledamaged head too) and perhaps a T1-specific endoskeleton as a 4th figure. I personally would take a 1984 Sarah connor but I know thats unlikely.

I wonder what the chances are of any of these coming to production. Has HT ever done this and actually made the figure that won?

I wonder what the chances are of any of these coming to production. Has HT ever done this and actually made the figure that won?

Well they are obviously asking for a reason. Not sure if they have done this before but im all for this way of making their figures. I think it ensures that the figures that the majority of people want get produced.

My guess is this ............. they read these threads frequently and have obviously gathered the 4 in the poll as the most wanted at SSF's. My guess is that they make the top 2 in the poll. T1 and T2.

The Poll is nothing more than a hint that this is already in production. When the first Poll went up on their site about which Marvel movie was your favorite, they had previously already announced, at the Tokyo Toy Show that figures based on Spiderman, X-men and Blade were already in the works.

ok if they are making these then im kissing the salvation figures goodbye. For me there is only really 2 terminator films worth getting figures from and thats t1 and t2.

i'm hoping for T1 myself. but i would get a T2 only if it was loaded with everything that is iconic from that film. that means BD and regular heads and outfits. also shotgun, minigun, and grenade launcher with bandolier.

I voted for the original T800 (with Arnolds license). I'd really like to see a Kyle Reese from that film too.

My guess is this ............. they read these threads frequently and have obviously gathered the 4 in the poll as the most wanted at SSF's. My guess is that they make the top 2 in the poll. T1 and T2.

And my guess is, sadly, if they do anything T1, it'll just be The Terminator, no Reese or Sarah. They've already got a relationship going with Arnie's people so even though any figure will require going through them for approval, everyone's used to everyone there now and know what would be looked for on both sides and all that, but then you'd have to get in touch with Biehn or his people if he has them, and Hamilton, I could see them skipping Reese and Sarah to avoid the leg work, or giving us cheap sculpts like Billy to make the characters. I wouldn't mind that for Reese, if they did from the neck down for 1984, I've got the original Reese head and with the right repaint it works fine, I've been held back by sourcing the parts for the costume. Sarah, unless it already had Hamilton's likeness, I'd pass, custom making a head for females isn't easy the way the joints on the bodies are.

ok if they are making these then im kissing the salvation figures goodbye. For me there is only really 2 terminator films worth getting figures from and thats t1 and t2.

I think the various Endo's would be good pickups.

And my guess is, sadly, if they do anything T1, it'll just be The Terminator, no Reese or Sarah. They've already got a relationship going with Arnie's people so even though any figure will require going through them for approval, everyone's used to everyone there now and know what would be looked for on both sides and all that, but then you'd have to get in touch with Biehn or his people if he has them, and Hamilton, I could see them skipping Reese and Sarah to avoid the leg work, or giving us cheap sculpts like Billy to make the characters. I wouldn't mind that for Reese, if they did from the neck down for 1984, I've got the original Reese head and with the right repaint it works fine, I've been held back by sourcing the parts for the costume. Sarah, unless it already had Hamilton's likeness, I'd pass, custom making a head for females isn't easy the way the joints on the bodies are.

Yeah but you know Hot Toys by now ............. they seem to only produce "sure sellers" these days. Billy is still a mystery to me.

Yeah but you know Hot Toys by now ............. they seem to only produce "sure sellers" these days. Billy is still a mystery to me.

I would think 1984 Reese in terms of T1 is a sure seller, it's like Dutch and Predator of T1, the versus relationship, Sarah on the other hand is only relevant to the overall story and not as much confronting the Terminator, so she's got less sure seller factor, she certainly killed the Sideshow line.

I think the various Endo's would be good pickups.

yes i should have really specified every other figure bar the t-600 :D

Also yeah it looks like the votes for the orginal t-800 are climbing slowly on the ht site. I really hope they make the t1 figure. Its practically impossible to get your hands now on the original t-800 Battle damaged arnie figure which is just a great figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back