New Hot Toys T-600 with ripped clothes & "rubber" skin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But at the same time this future was begun with later technologies available, so many of the machines in this timeline are actually earlier than in the original timeline where Terminators were supposed to start appearing closer to the end of the war in 2029. The machines are early in this timeline, yet somehow more industrial looking. When I saw the 600 Endo in person this last weekend, I noticed it has alphanumeric markins on several of the parts, almost like it's pieced together from other, heavy steal machinery.

Yeah, that's true. Now only if we could see what James Cameron's vision of the T-600 would be like....

didn't Stan Winston create T-600 for salvation just before he passed away?

Good question...I know Stan Winston Studios did all the Endo props. Not too sure whether they actually designed the T-600s. They might've.

For me, Cameron's version of a 600 is just an 800 that looks like the Arnold torso double in T1 that looks in the mirror, but the hair might look more fake, it shouldn't sweat, and it wouldn't bleed.

I've always figured that a 600 uses rubber skin. An 800 is an all out cyborg. To me the series number has nothing to do with its programming, mission, or endoskeletal structure. Program and mission should be the exact same--Infiltrator. The look of the endo is determined by the model number. Model 101 (Arnold) is just the biggest, toughest Endo. But not every model has to look like that or be that big (even though the only other one we've seen was also a bodybuiler, Franco Columbo, in T1).

Marcus is also an 800 (I found out from the makeup artist in person this last Saturday), but he's a hybrid, which means that he was human first. So, timeline issues aside, that kinda plays long with my thinking on the matter.

So how do I become a Hot Toys VIP member?

This is getting retarded. I feel like I'm collecting comic books again where every retailer has their own damn variant cover and I have to have them all. I got so tired of that crap I stopped collecting comics. I'm starting to get that feeling here too.

You gotta live in HK and apply at Toy Hunters....if you can't do that...wait for e-bay.

Personally I think the regular version looks the best if they're able to dirty the mask a bit more...I would get my cousin to pick up an exclusive if it looked like this though

T600-3_0.jpg

didn't Stan Winston create T-600 for salvation just before he passed away?

Winston Studio/ Legacy did the practical effects on TS, yes, but all final designs are determined by the Director's vision and approval. The ADI guys mentioned at Monsterpalooza a couple weeks ago how their better designs for the PredAlien in AVP-R were not approved and they were forced to make the one in the movie. In TS, it may be partly the design team's fault they came up with that, but it's McG's fault it doesn't look at all human. Or they both thought that dumb concept was cool for the 600, but I choose to blame the director.

Afterall, the T-800, as we know it, was originally drawn up on paper by James Cameron, himself. Stan just built it.

Stan would not have had much say in the final pre-production of TS. Iron Man was officially his last film. Not a bad way to go out though. Better than TS.

Last edited:
The model number refers to the Terminator's outter skin (e.g. model-101/Arnold) and the series refers to type of Endoskeleton.

Winston Studio/ Legacy did the practical effects on TS, yes, but all final designs are determined by the Director's vision and approval. The ADI guys mentioned at Monsterpalooza a couple weeks ago how their better designs for the PredAlien in AVP-R were not approved and they were forced to make the one in the movie. In TS, it may be partly the design team's fault they came up with that, but it's McG's fault it doesn't look at all human. Or they both thought that dumb concept was cool for the 600, but I choose to blame the director.

Afterall, the T-800, as we know it, was originally drawn up on paper by James Cameron, himself. Stan just built it.

Stan would not have had much say in the final pre-production of TS. Iron Man was officially his last film. Not a bad way to go out though. Better than TS.

:lecture

That's very true. For those interested in Stan Winston and the process of movie SFX production, I direct you to this book:

winston.gif

Building the T-800 as we know it was a collaborative process and much of the details and design we're all familiar with actually came from Stan and his crew of talented sculptors. The T-800 went through many revisions from Cameron's initial sketches.

The model number refers to the Terminator's outter skin (e.g. model-101/Arnold) and the series refers to type of Endoskeleton.

I challenge you to produce any evidence that that is actually the case and not just a presumption that fans have developed after seeing nothing but Arnold on screen as a T-800.

If the Model number determines appearance, then every 800 will be built exactly like Arnold. If you look carefully at the drawings Cameron did, you can clearly see that the look of the Endo, especially the skull, is desgined to mimic the features of Arnold's body and face as he appeared in the first movie as if he looks that way because of the Endo with muscle on it. To say that every model of 800 would look different on the same exact Endo means you're not thinking it through. How successful could an 800 be in the future war if all the resistance had to do was spot really buff guys. How many buff guys are there going to be in a post apacolyptic wasteland? They surely wouldn't need dogs to spot them if they all had Olympian bodies. They could just say, "Hey, stranger, take your shirt off." When all else fails, remember to think "INFILTRATOR".

I stand by my interpretation of the designations. Otherwise, the whole concept of functioning as an infiltrator is self-defeated.

much of the details and design we're all familiar with actually came from Stan and his crew of talented sculptors. The T-800 went through many revisions from Cameron's initial sketches.

Are you sure about that? I've seen the original drawings, and they look pretty much like the final product. Maybe they had to revise how they were going to pull it off, but I thought Cameron basically laid it out. That's what I remember from behing the scenes stuff on the DVDs.

Do you have any images of the original concept work we can look at?

I challenge you to produce any evidence that that is actually the case and not just a presumption that fans have developed after seeing nothing but Arnold on screen as a T-800.

If the Model number determines appearance, then every 800 will be built exactly like Arnold. If you look carefully at the drawings Cameron did, you can clearly see that the look of the Endo, especially the skull, is desgined to mimic the features of Arnold's body and face as he appeared in the first movie as if he looks that way because of the Endo with muscle on it. To say that every model of 800 would look different on the same exact Endo means you're not thinking it through. How successful could an 800 be in the future war if all the resistance had to do was spot really buff guys. How many buff guys are there going to be in a post apacolyptic wasteland? They surely wouldn't need dogs to spot them if they all had Olympian bodies. They could just say, "Hey, stranger, take your shirt off." When all else fails, remember to think "INFILTRATOR".

I stand by my interpretation of the designations. Otherwise, the whole concept of functioning as an infiltrator is self-defeated.

I have a question, in Terminator 3 they showed the deleted scenes clip with Arnold running on the treadmill and incoporating his likeness how come this was not used for the physique T-600 but instead the bald bloated face?

I have a question, in Terminator 3 they showed the deleted scenes clip with Arnold running on the treadmill and incoporating his likeness how come this was not used for the physique T-600 but instead the bald bloated face?

Two reasons:

1) that scene was a joke that I'm glad didn't make it into the movie

2) McG's an idiot

Your thought process is right on though. If Sgt. Candi had been the model for a prototype, the rubber skinned ones should have looked more like the torso double in T1 like I said earlier.

Two reasons:

1) that scene was a joke that I'm glad didn't make it into the movie

2) McG's an idiot

Your thought process is right on though. If Sgt. Candi had been the model for a prototype, the rubber skinned ones should have looked more like the torso double in T1 like I said earlier.

okay thanks now all of you are giving me second thoughts on buying rubber skin T-600 because it doesnt maintain fidelity to the original films.

what torso double are you referring to, the one from the eye surgery? there was a Terminator card game I think that had a card of Arnold looking at the mirror and it was called rubber skin.

Are you sure about that? I've seen the original drawings, and they look pretty much like the final product. Maybe they had to revise how they were going to pull it off, but I thought Cameron basically laid it out. That's what I remember from behing the scenes stuff on the DVDs.

Do you have any images of the original concept work we can look at?

Well, Cameron came up with the general shape and form, but many of the smaller details and structures, and mainly the final head came from Winston and crew. It was entirely collaborative, though the final design had to be approved by Cameron. A couple pics from The Winston Effect:

Some of Cameron's preliminary sketches before Arnold was cast as T-800:
IMG00226-20090622-1319.jpg

Concept sculpts from Winston Studios crew (just a couple of them, they'd eventually nail the T-800 as we know it):
IMG00227-20090622-1319.jpg

Back