New from Inflames Toys-齊天大圣 The monkey king

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dont know what horrible tv show you got that from...i am just surprised so many people know about the monkey king outside of china.
Horrible tv show? This was a cult classic, and why so many people outside of China know about the story.

Yes it's very famous in china , many of the tv show and movie come out with it. It's not horrible at all.

I just found this thread—late to the party! It looks like BBTS had it on preorder, but they're sold out. Anyone know somewhere else to get in the US?

I'm sure some of you have seen this Pigsy to go with it:
8208.jpg

I have not seen the pig... very cool. But I have to say the price of the Monkey King is just a bit too high for me to be in on it. I think it's a good price for what you get, I just don't feel like dropping $200 on him :lol

I saw that too. I actually found my way back to the thread searching for info on the seller. Has anyone bought from kghobby?

The Monkey King is still up for preorder here. It's still expensive as hell, but with the exchange rate right now, it's a little cheaper than it was at BBTS. Anyone familiar with v-storebiz?

This just arrived. v-storebiz may have a ridiculous name, but they sure use fast shipping—3 business days from Malaysia to Texas.

The packaging is classy: a sturdy white double-wide shoebox with a line drawing of the Monkey King on the front and a photo of the figure on the back. The figure and the accessories (almost all armor and clothing) are in two layers of cut foam; the armor requires what looks like quite a bit of assembly. The fabric quality and tailoring are very good at first glance (we'll see when I put it together). I haven't taken a look at the base body or done anything but open it up yet, but it looks very nice.

The armor is a soft, rubbery vinyl, which is way better IMO than a hard PVC (Stormtroopers) or resin (Kunch's Armor Warrior). The staff is plastic, not metal, which is fine with me (Tao's Monkey King staff is very heavy for wrist pegs).

I'm feeling much better about the price now. I paid just under US$200 (including shipping), which is less than what HT Bane costs, and it comes with much more than a broken Batman cowl and a sweater.

If anyone is interested, I'll post pics when I get around to assembling it.

Last edited:
You got it. Here's a preview:

The front
8050596398_3822e47c2b.jpg

The back
8050591049_7b4544a732.jpg

Insert
8050596300_c07676f987.jpg

First layer: Figure, wraps, armor skirt
8050596246_b5929eea24.jpg

Protective coat (to keep the armor from rubbing on the robe!) and instruction sheet
8050590879_9ab10e3351.jpg

Second layer: Armor, belts, staff
8050596076_88de498014.jpg

Back