New Doctor Who Figures? (5 inch scale)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's official...

New Series figures are moving over to the 3 3/4'' scale.
Classics will still be 5''

It sounds like New Series figures might still come out in 5'' (maybe from UT?) in some form, but it doesn't sound like CO will be releasing them.

And with that, my Doctor Who figure collecting days are slowly coming to an end, it seems. I'll still get Classics and I hope they do new Doctors and companions in 5'' for collectors, even if they are exclusives through UT... but it seems like the bulk of characters will be in a new scale. I just can't go through building up a mismatched collection in a new scale. But it's an attempt to get kids back on board. I hope it works out for them.

EDIT:

I read the tweet from Al Dewar (from CO) wrong. I see now that UT can't make ANY new series figures in 5'' scale. That's horrible. I guess it's an effort to force people into the new scale for those characters. But if I can't have my Jenna Louise Coleman figure next to Donna and Rose and the rest and the same size, what's the point? I really thought select characters might have a shot. I guess there's always Classics.

I have purchased EVERY CO figure released since they began in 2005. I decided last month to STOP.
I haven't been happy with stuff recently, and there has been no fun in waiting for figures to arrive.
I cancelled my pyramids and 3 Doctors sets, as well a few other bits.
Now that CO are join Star Wars scale, all I can say is I'm glad of my decision. and to CO... :nana:

Any one who is on the fence about Rory get him while you can there is one production run only and no more after that.I got allocated on my stock and i know other shops did too this one is going to go up in price once people realise this.

Wow this news is like a punch to the gut, i dont collect the Classics as much as i do the newer series. Really disapointed, though it does save me buying new shelves.

I've long since stopped collectng everything except Tardis's, so I'm quite excited at the thought that we'll have a new 3 3/4 scale Tardis. I'm not expecting it to have as many electronics as the FC Tardis's but I hope there's some. Wonder how they'll do the doors at that scale?

I've long since stopped collectng everything except Tardis's, so I'm quite excited at the thought that we'll have a new 3 3/4 scale Tardis. I'm not expecting it to have as many electronics as the FC Tardis's but I hope there's some. Wonder how they'll do the doors at that scale?

Dapol already made a 3 3/4" scale Tardis. This is a step backwards for Doctor Who collectibles. Going back in time to the late 1980's.

And I thought the Hobbit 3 3/4" scale was bad enough...
But just think, you can have the Doctor accompany Bilbo on his quest to destroy Smaug. But he won't be any help in Fangorn Forest, the sonic won't work on wood. :wink1:

As long as the Amy & Rory era of the 11th Doctor is switched over to the "Classic" line (which remains 5"), this is ok, but, I won't be buying the tiny (3.75") figures.

5" was already too small. I preferred the 7" figures of Battlestar Galactica, or the 6" of Buffy. At 5", the Doctor Who figures were almost too small for me to bother with, though I did get a few.

Honestly when I heard the size was changing, I thought "they can't get any smaller" and assumed they were moving to 7". Hearing they are going to be only 3.75", the same tiny size as Star Wars figures, was disappointing.

Plus they should be honest and say it is because of the price of oil (plastic) and they don't want to spend as much getting the head sculpts right. Their effort to say that 3.75" is some kind of "standard size" was untrue and just wasn't why they did it.

im looking at getting a 2000 era dalek and im unsure on what vers is best?

can anyone help in this regard? all are very pricey now. the electronic fx ver isnt as expensive so was gonna grab that but i see in reviews its color isnt as good as the non fx vers and it lacks some details. can anyone recomend one?

thks!!

Definitely loving Ace. She's been hinted at forever, and it's great to finally see her.

The Regen 4th Doctor has turned up:

Fourth Doctor Time Capsule:

TC-Explode.jpg

• An exclusive post-regenerative Fourth Doctor action figure, wearing Jon Pertwee’s trademark frill-fronted shirt.
• A Fourth Doctor sonic screwdriver
• An audio version of classic Tom Baker story Genesis of the Daleks
• Novel Tomb of Valdemar by Simon Messingham, set during the Fourth Doctor’s search for the Key to Time.
• Art cards of all the Fourth Doctor’s companions.
• And a letter from Tom Baker himself.

Limited to 5000 total units.

New pics are up of some Classics!

Go to:
https://twitter.com/DewarAl

Look at the image gallery...

And you'll see fur coat 2nd Doctor
3rd Doctor in purple with "invisible" Dalek!
and blue coat 8th Doctor with Dalek Alpha!

Wonderful news, and I'm even tempted by the Eighth and Red Dalek, despite the fact that I don't normally collect stuff beyond the Fourth. I just wish they could get the Yeti out.

Back