New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not worth $240 after shipping.

535775_10152264892376002_2137919875_n.jpg

I may wait and see if I can get her cheaper from a US retailer down the line. :(

Rory wouldn't wait 5 minutes for that let alone 2000 years!:eek:

Hate to contribute to the negativity but I don't think I want to pay around €200 for this. Amy is my favourite companion and I was really looking forward to her. Why did they change her like that? I thought she looked fine before. Agree that she looks like a Tonner doll now and I hate those. Also I'm starting to regret that I just sold both of my CO Tens last week.

I don't think she looks abominable but at the same time I don't know that I'm convinced to get her. Her jacket seems too large. I really wish they'd just gone with some other look entirely, to be honest. But I've kind of wanted that from the start. Still, I think if you take the Jacket away it'll be much better. The shirt and jean skirt turned out very nice, from what we can see.

Her skin tone does seem a bit pale, but I wondered if that might be lighting? I am confused about her hair. It seems too voluminous, but I'm thinking that's something that's fixable once you get her in-hand. Maybe just cut out some of the hair underneath and comb and style the rest down? Not much of an expert, but I'm learning to futz with doll hair thanks to getting the new Jem dolls. A skill I never thought I'd acquire! LOL. And I'm still not great.

If I got her, I'd probably want to repaint her lips (I liked the more natural look from earlier protos) and then try to re-do her hair so it wasn't so poofy and laid a bit more naturally, if that's possible. The hair color doesn't bother me. I think it's probably closer to Karen's hair color. Other than than that, I actually think her face came out looking pretty nice. I think the pale skin plus ultra-red lips is adding to the doll look. I'm hoping that's just some overbearing lighting making the skin look that way and killing some of what I hope will be some nice paint on her face to give her skin some different tones. We'll see once more people get her in hand, I guess.

If I get her, it'd probably be from BBTS and added to my pile of loot so she'd be sub-$200 total then.

If I got her, I'd probably want to repaint her lips (I liked the more natural look from earlier protos) and then try to re-do her hair so it wasn't so poofy and laid a bit more naturally, if that's possible. The hair color doesn't bother me. I think it's probably closer to Karen's hair color. Other than than that, I actually think her face came out looking pretty nice. I think the pale skin plus ultra-red lips is adding to the doll look. I'm hoping that's just some overbearing lighting making the skin look that way and killing some of what I hope will be some nice paint on her face to give her skin some different tones. We'll see once more people get her in hand, I guess.

Don't you think her face looks too long, though? Karen has a much rounder face.

Don't you think her face looks too long, though? Karen has a much rounder face.

I know people think her face sculpt has changed, but I'd be a little surprised if BCS totally remolded it? I mean, I guess it's possible because of the issues they were having, but since that was with the body I'd thought they wouldn't go through the expense of another head mold. So I was thinking the styling of the hair was throwing things off. In previous pictures, her hair sort of sat on her head better. Now, it seems to be going up and out and then down around her face rather than just laying more naturally like real hair, which may be making her head look longer because you see more of her forehead.

It's kind of hard to tell though. I think the real test will be either when we see more pics or when people take pics in-hand. I suppose BCS can tell us whether it's really a new head sculpt or not.

I know people think her face sculpt has changed, but I'd be a little surprised if BCS totally remolded it? I mean, I guess it's possible because of the issues they were having, but since that was with the body I'd thought they wouldn't go through the expense of another head mold. So I was thinking the styling of the hair was throwing things off. In previous pictures, her hair sort of sat on her head better. Now, it seems to be going up and out and then down around her face rather than just laying more naturally like real hair, which may be making her head look longer because you see more of her forehead.

It's kind of hard to tell though. I think the real test will be either when we see more pics or when people take pics in-hand. I suppose BCS can tell us whether it's really a new head sculpt or not.

IMO it's a drastically different head sculpt. Maybe I'm wrong, but it sure looks that way to me. :(

BCS is getting destroyed on Facebook right now...I think it's beyond damage control.

IMO it's a drastically different head sculpt. Maybe I'm wrong, but it sure looks that way to me. :(

It definitely LOOKS different in this pic and others. I've just been fooled enough because of lighting to not leap to that conclusion right away. So I might be being overcautious/over-optimistic. The thing is, I really like Amy and I want to support BCS. But it's felt like this figure has been touch and go from the start so I never pre-ordered. I'm hoping we'll still see something to convince me to buy this, I guess... though I'm certainly not there yet.

It does seem that this figure could be dramatically improved by simply having a better paint job and hair styling. In this pic the paint is clearly the problem:

7576_10152264891986002_1579096117_n_zps5b142be2.jpg

A better paint job could give her this Amy expression:

pYRb5g9.jpg

The hair color is still so wrong, though. And the face shape just seems off to me. I guess I'd really need to see the repaint before buying her.

Yeah, the expression has always been the thing that worried me the most. Even in proto form, some shots looked great, like they somehow captured the look you posted in that screencap. But other shots looked a bit too dead eyed. When you go oversees for mass production... I think the latter rather than the former is more of what you're likely to get. When you have an expression that is slightly flat and it's all in the eyes... well, that takes a really skilled painter to imbue the right kind of life into that! I don't know if BCS actually had some restrictions on their expression or were pushed into a certain direction by licensing? But it might have been better to go with some more replicable on a mass scale.

I just tweeted Karen, hopefully she can have her people get production halted and the figure changed.

Yes, definitely in need of a skilled repaint. I think there's a decent likeness under there... the hair though, holy ganger, all wrong and throws off the whole thing.

1/6 female figures are soooo tough to get right, even Hot Toys is about 50/50.

I've got Milla from Resident Evil, Babydoll from Sucker Punch, Angelica from Pirates, and now Black Widow. I think they're all great. This paint job on this version of Amy is not as good as the one CO gave Martha!

Oh my. I have just looked at the final model.
I am sorry to say it looks dreadful. The delays were in place to deliver a quality figure.
That is, bad. I honor commitments, but in truth, if this was the first pics we saw, I would never have placed an order.
It is nothing like what I expected in sculpt or even final form. Comparing this to the images shown way back when, those looked superior.

Not impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back