New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks pixletwin, I appreciate that and couldn't agree more with that too

Thanks pixletwin, I appreciate that and couldn't agree more with that too

I was not aiming anything at you either...I thought you raised, and brought attention to, a very valid aspect of interest. To which Mark at BCS replied (on FB) with this open and honest series of comments...

Big Chief Studios Limited wrote: "Thank you for your message Daron. We are not affiliated with Doctor Who Figures Online, but they have been a great help to us and we thank them for their continued support. If the confusion regarding PayPal was in part caused by something posted by DWFO, then we are certain that it was not done with anything but the best of intentions. That said unless you here otherwise from us, you should not believe everything that you read. We have done out utmost to remain as communicative and transparent as a company can be, but as a business we cannot report each and every thing that we do. We want to retain this openness with our customers and fans, but there are limits as there is a lot to do and we are still a very small company. In time and all being well, we will be able to employ the full time staff that we need, which will free us up to communicate more often. Right now we have to concentrate on making this business work. After all we know that you guys want these products and believe me we want to make them for you. Forums and social media are incredible tools to increase product awareness and liaise with customers, sadly they are also prone to "Chinese Whispers" and very often people have knee jerk reactions to posts that may, or may not be accurate. We will endeavour to improve as always. Kind regards Mark"

Some news:

Deposits will be:

£30 for Signature Edition
£15 for the other Edition

From their Facebook page...
Big Chief Studios Limited
A quick update for customers awaiting our Amy Pond figure... we received the new female body sample last week and have been making some minor tweaks and changes to improve it. Our vendors are pushing to complete Amy before Chinese New Year. We hope that they will be able to do so and will notify you all soon.
Thanks BCS

From their Facebook page...
Big Chief Studios Limited
A quick update for customers awaiting our Amy Pond figure... we received the new female body sample last week and have been making some minor tweaks and changes to improve it. Our vendors are pushing to complete Amy before Chinese New Year. We hope that they will be able to do so and will notify you all soon.
Thanks BCS
Sounds like more double talk because the update in December said they received the new Amy prototype and are very happy with it. So which one is it?

They can only get quicker. They've learned a lot from Eleven and for Amy. I actually forsee Ten being completely on time because the body is good to go.

I appreciate the support and just want Tennant really just like everybody eles on here. And DGTWoodward wasn't referring to you either. Pack mentality when differences of opinion arise, members should just agree to disagree and allow people to voice their opinion and convey a message. So being diplomatic here I won't mention names, pretty pointless exercise and you can figure this out by going back and reading the comments anyway. However the topic at hand should really focus on the figures and not the politics, right or wrong.

I agree with you, Skaro- online arguing is pointless.

I have a rule for ALL of my internet behavior:

I never say anything online that I would not say
to someone in person.

Disclaimer: I am NOT referring to anyone on here.

But-I have seen where people get kinda crazy about
things in chat forums. It makes no sense.

I have been involved in realtime life & death struggles
where it took ALL my strength & courage to get through
them.

Insulting others online does not take any courage at all,
nor does it prove one is strong; there is no honor in it.

When in doubt, I sometimes ask myself this:

"What would the Doctor do?" :)

I agree with you, Skaro- online arguing is pointless.

I have a rule for ALL of my internet behavior:

I never say anything online that I would not say
to someone in person.

Disclaimer: I am NOT referring to anyone on here.

But-I have seen where people get kinda crazy about
things in chat forums. It makes no sense.

I have been involved in realtime life & death struggles
where it took ALL my strength & courage to get through
them.

Insulting others online does not take any courage at all,
nor does it prove one is strong; there is no honor in it.

When in doubt, I sometimes ask myself this:

"What would the Doctor do?" :)

He would stay out of trouble, badly. :rotfl

Let's hope everyone is happy on Thursday evening. That'll be Wednesday for some, and Friday for me!

My one point of confusion... are they sending out an e-mail at all? Like, does it contain a special link for the sale? Or can everyone get in at the designated time? Just a little confused about that.

EDIT: Nevermind, I guess BCS answered the question on Facebook. You'll get 24 hours advance notice.

As far as I'm concerned that's generally the idea all round on here, isn't it?
However your intention is of arranging a method of payment. The overall purpose is to finally own these figures which is the reason the thread keep's rolling on. And to keep things civilised in the process, at the end of the day, collecting's a fun hobby and for me sharing a common interest with like minded people is the reason why i subscribed as a member of the forum. More important issues to get flustered about in the world right now. And incidentally BC finally answered me personally too, even though the question was addressed generally after all of the so called fuss that was created :clap

Unfortunately JonWes, not sure how the advance pre sale will work in terms of laying down a deposit. I presume this will be an option to those that have signed up via a special link to the site, maybe? So far your guess is as good as mine. I just wonder how long the orders will materialise once all of the deposits are received? There is again mention of Amy without concrete details to do with 10. Patience is the name of the game...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back