New Display case concept

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The drawer slides are rated to hold 75 pounds. Each drawer is almost the size of a small box so I should be within limits if I were to fill each drawer to the max.

Ah, I thought they were the size of long boxes. You shouldn't have any problems if they're the length of short boxes. I love seeing you getting this all put together. Really makes me wish I had space available to do this. I've got 30 long boxes though.

Ah, I thought they were the size of long boxes. You shouldn't have any problems if they're the length of short boxes. I love seeing you getting this all put together. Really makes me wish I had space available to do this. I've got 30 long boxes though.

That's the thing...if you have space for 30 long boxes, then you must have space to build something similar.

That unit can probably hold a car. I remember over-engineerinng and building cabinets to hold 1500lbs aquariums back in the day. WOW, that's an insanely heavy case. Looking great!

But you know you could have used about 50% less material right? ;)

That's the thing...if you have space for 30 long boxes, then you must have space to build something similar.

Not in my storage unit--unfortunately I had to choose between displaying statues/figures or comics. The statues/figures won. :wink1: Someday I'll some more space to get everything together.

That unit can probably hold a car. I remember over-engineerinng and building cabinets to hold 1500lbs aquariums back in the day. WOW, that's an insanely heavy case. Looking great!

But you know you could have used about 50% less material right? ;)

Oh definitely...but I got such a great price on the materials I couldn't resist. And since the case will have $10K worth of statues on top of it....I didn't want to take any chances.

Put the finishing touches on "The Beast" tonight. All that's left is to load the comics and arrange the statues on top.

3f47c802e65aeae623026bcebd6e8be0.jpg

86e2eb0a3724d6af16267e49d4947beb.jpg

8c2d689b7a1bd949351103382a0bc140.jpg

b52d7503f66bdccf7191d4dc05bf3838.jpg

7b9341f1fec3b542b21fb0bc4ab01c7b.jpg

c5773890e3f0fb5a38c7527b1e8dc0da.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless you have ceiling mounted spot lights I think the only other option is striplights infront of the statues.
You could mask the strips with a bit of trim. Depends if you like the uplight effect.

Recessed lights in the ceiling above the statues would work well if you want to retrofit them. Otherwise as Col mentioned, spots somewhere else on the ceiling pointing at the display area. With uplighting you may get (more) very noticeable reflections on the posters in the background.

Back