New Buffy Line Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would def buy Illyria over Xander, in a heart beat. Wesley would be amazing to have but Illyria is just beautiful!

Wow, I guess I was wrong. Unfortunately for my Angel isn't as near of a good show as Buffy and just doesn't have the same appeal to me. While I would still pick up anything from Angel for me anything from Buffy trumps anything from Angel.

I want a Giles because I think it would accent the Slayer piece brilliantly.

A maquette of something as simple as Giles standing with an open book in hand and glasses in the other would work for me. Nothing fancy. Simple is what we need in a Giles piece.

I would definatly want to get a Wesely. He has definatly got to be my favorite Buffyverse character. Especially when he was on Angel.

So you would buy one of her before Xander or Wesley? That is kind of surprising. I see Dawn and Tara cause who cares ( I would probably still buy them) but I would buy Xander and Wesley (Buffy version) before her.

I draw the line with geeks, nerds, tweens, and sidekick statues... lol.
Fun to watch, sure, but to display? Boooooring.

Last edited:
Considering that almost all the main characters are sidekicks or villains (expect Buffy & Angel and the villains), that doesn't leave much.

Let's put it this way, if you take away Buffy, Angel and the villains, do we still have a show? Perhaps. However, it's nowhere near as fun or interesting. While I can only speak for myself, I have no need for statues of stiff British men or 30 year old mom's basement dwelling man-children in XL Hawaiian shirts. IMO, the best statues are those that have a visual appeal. Those characters I would choose to pass on lack the visual luster warranting a $250 drop down of cash.

P.S. JMO, folks. You guys are certainly free to campaign for a Wesley or Tara.

I would definatly want to get a Wesely. He has definatly got to be my favorite Buffyverse character. Especially when he was on Angel.

Oh, I need a Wesley. I am so mad that ssc stopped the 12" line when they did. You can't call something done without Wes. So if they make a maquette or PF or whatever, of him, I will be getting it.

Giles would be great to have too. I just want ssc to pick and choose properly this time and not let the line crash too soon.

12" line faults...subway spike, origins angel, regular willow (sorry) faith.

What they need to do with this line is the right thing. They did Buffy first because they had to. Faith next to make up for their crappy 12", no offense. Then Willow for the same reason...again, no offense. So I think next one, if the line does well, will have to be someone that sells.

What they need to do with this line is the right thing. They did Buffy first because they had to. Faith next to make up for their crappy 12", no offense. Then Willow for the same reason...again, no offense. So I think next one, if the line does well, will have to be someone that sells. [/COLOR]

My guess is Angel or Spike, again keeping in the theme of releasing 'A'-list characters first.

Sadly, this means that BtVS/Angel fans won't be seeing any of their underling favorites for years to come. If you can make the comparison to Transformers bust/statue releases, Hard Hero had the line for years and only got so before whoever else took over and started releasing those same 'A'-list characters again for their own line. It sucks and there's nothing aside from petitioning that can really be done.

Let's put it this way, if you take away Buffy, Angel and the villains, do we still have a show? Perhaps. However, it's nowhere near as fun or interesting. While I can only speak for myself, I have no need for statues of stiff British men or 30 year old mom's basement dwelling man-children in XL Hawaiian shirts. IMO, the best statues are those that have a visual appeal. Those characters I would choose to pass on lack the visual luster warranting a $250 drop down of cash.

P.S. JMO, folks. You guys are certainly free to campaign for a Wesley or Tara.

Actually yes. Angel seemed to be the most flat and boring character on his own show. He was essentially just the glue that held the rest of the much more interesting supporting cast together.

I'm hoping SDCC reveals the new character in this line. :rock

Yes, Faith!!! She's the one I really want next. If I am going to drop the moola, I want to drop it (I so wanted to say 'like it's hot') on something I am really excited about. Which, from the sketch art, is Faith.

I'm hoping for Faith too. :rock

I'd really like a Giles down the road, but I know they need to pump out the more "popular" characters first. I'd like an Angel after that, and hopefully *prays* that a Giles follows. It would be risky, BUT I think they can pull it off and follow it up quickly with a Spike, if they feel that the sales aren't there or need boosting.

As awesome as a Giles would be, I really don't see it happening anytime soon in the line. Then again I could be very wrong. They may not want to give us more of what we already saw in the PF line (besides Buffy) and spit out a Spike, etc. So we may very well get Giles/Xander before seeing a Spike. But who knows.

I'd love a Faith too. However, likeness is key.
Sadly, SS hasn't always hit these out of the park.

Last edited:
I'd love a Faith too. However, likeness is key.
Sadly, has always hit these out of the park.

Yeah, that's the exact reason why I'm both really excited to potentially see her and a bit anxious: I don't think they ever quite got her right - scratch that, I can't think of a character they got more wrong than Faith with their 12'' line :gah:

So, we were told that during sdcc, ssc was going to reveal the new pieces in the Buffy line. Plural, so I am guessing the Faith and Willow? Cause those are the only two we saw sketches for. Unless they went ahead and chose someone else to throw us off.

Now, will they just reveal, or do you think they will give us one for pre-order?

Back