New Buffy Line Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got on the wait list this morning (was sick last night). I've never missed a pre-order before and that really irritated me. I am confident it will convert though.

I am trying to reconcile the size of the piece in my head. Based on the 17 inch height of the chair and her seating position, I have to believe that this is 1:4 scale (premium format size). If so, this is great news for the upcoming Faith maquette, as it would give us a new character consistent in scale with other things delivered before.

Have any of you protractor geeks out there tried to true up the actual size of Ms. Summers on the chair, based on the overall height indicated?

I got on the wait list this morning (was sick last night). I've never missed a pre-order before and that really irritated me. I am confident it will convert though.

I am trying to reconcile the size of the piece in my head. Based on the 17 inch height of the chair and her seating position, I have to believe that this is 1:4 scale (premium format size). If so, this is great news for the upcoming Faith maquette, as it would give us a new character consistent in scale with other things delivered before.

Have any of you protractor geeks out there tried to true up the actual size of Ms. Summers on the chair, based on the overall height indicated?

I want to know the same thing. I don't have the mind for converting measurements like that, so I need someone else to. :lol

As for the Waitlist, you'll definitely have one convert. No problems. I don't know when, but you're almost guarenteed.

For example, I put myself on the Venom Comiquette Ex. waitlist (limited to 350) last week. (It initially began shipping in December.) My waitlist reservation converted a few days later. And Venom is a very popular Marvel character. If that's the case, then surely your Buffy will convert.

A member (Edgley) over at Statue Forum posted this picture below, which I feel illustrates the likeness to SMG. Some of you will probably disagree, but for me, it's there.

The face is a bit long, if that's the way to describe it. The jaw needs to be wider.

I think I might have more of a problem with the unattractive facial expression than the likeness. Why not make the maquette smile, or look anything else than bored/confused? It's not the sane vacant stare as the pf Buffys have, but still.

Yea this is a very good shot. God I would do her...hard.

Jaw needs to be a tad wider though.

So her jaw needs to be wider for you to be physcially abel to do her? You are the man! :banana

A member (Edgley) over at Statue Forum posted this picture below, which I feel illustrates the likeness to SMG. Some of you will probably disagree, but for me, it's there.

Seriously though, the comparison shot is killing me. I'm in the pro camp, but my knee jerk reaction was "Hey look! It's a young Uma Thurman and Sarah Michelle Gellar!"

Excitment... fading... fading...

seems like A LOT of people love this piece but they either have an issue with the likeness or her Expression, i think it's a little of both for me, wish she had a more mischievous look to her then this starring into space look.

seems like A LOT of people love this piece but they either have an issue with the likeness or her Expression, i think it's a little of both for me, wish she had a more mischievous look to her then this starring into space look.

Pretty much every piece sideshow puts out cannot please everyone.

Just looking at the comparison photo, the laundry list of items that need to be updated:

Eyes slightly too far apart;
Eyes need to be slightly wider;
Jaw needs to be wider;
Bridge of her nose is too pronounced;
Something needs to be done with the hair;
And we need some expression other than Stoned.

Does that about cover it?

Man, if they can't get SMG's likeness nailed down before this ships, I won't have high hopes for Faith. Dushku is an actress whose likeness is even harder to capture.

Are we in the Star Wars section ?

I agree about the jaw being wider.

I know it sounds like I'm bing nitpicky, but for 250 bucks, we should have the right to be to an extent.

Essentially, I just want this statue to rock. That's all I'm really saying.

It just took me 10 posts to get there.

Back