Neill Blomkamp's ALIEN is official!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Outstanding. Now all we need is a deck of cards. (and Weaver and Biehn to sign up)

a-dev for the win. We are half way there already:

Sigourney Weaver hints she might appear in new 'Alien' movie - NY Daily News

I love Aliens and Cameron did an awesome job with that but in fact Alien 3 is a better movie than Aliens in terms of it's sub text! The first draft which the events took place was a wooden planet like gothic/dark ages always fascinates me! The religion aspect, no high-tech weapons and a dragon ideas are brilliant. I always think part 3 was a successful movie which could end the franchise in a right way...

How is Alien 3 a better film than Aliens when is has plot holes the size of the Death Star?

So do we see that the aliens are actually and oppressed group whipped out to near extinction yrs ago due to greed and power and now they attack every human they see because it is for the survival of the species and humans cant be trusted until One lone alien thinks outside the box and befriends a human to the point where they work together to end the hostile violence between there species.

Nah just kidding this is probably the best thing to happen to the franchise yet. I like Neil's style aside from the whole dessert slums he puts in every movie. It will be great to see a new high budget alien. no more dancing with the predators finally.

They could still make a spin off. I enjoy video games stories, issue is sometimes people get too drawn on game play opposed to story. Never really go through it. I'd much rather see her story translated on the big screen.

I think the only reason why people like alien 3 better than aliens is because of the tone of the movie.

Just because the movie is more "serious" does not automatically make it a better movie.

That is like saying The Dark knight Rises is a better movie than Star Wars, Iron Man, Terminator , and Robocop because it is more serious.

All the movie I mentioned above is cheesy and have full of one liners but it still is far better than DKR or Alien 3.

I'm not going to read the whole thread :lol I just need to know 2 things.
-Any word of if Alien 3 will remain canon?
-Has Riddick dropped by to express his disapproval?

Thanks in advance.

I'm an Alien3 fan too. And the soundtrack is exceptional.
:rock:rock:rock

Is there's anything actually wrong with it? Is there any actual criticism that doesn't have to do with having killed Hicks and Newt?

Plot is awesome and different, script is awesome, performances are awesome, visuals are spectacular, sound is awesome, music is eargasmic, am I missing something?

I think the only reason why people like alien 3 better than aliens is because of the tone of the movie.

Just because the movie is more "serious" does not automatically make it a better movie.

That is like saying The Dark knight Rises is a better movie than Star Wars, Iron Man, Terminator , and Robocop because it is more serious.

All the movie I mentioned above is cheesy and have full of one liners but it still is far better than DKR or Alien 3.

Alien 3 isn't 'more serious' than Aliens anyway. It happens to have a downbeat beginning and ending while Aliens happens to end with 3 (arguably 4) main character left alive. So what? How does that make Aliens ''less serious'' exactly? A lot of people die in that film who you wish would have survived. Vasquez, Gorman (great redemption arc for him) Hudson.

I'm not going to read the whole thread :lol I just need to know 2 things.
-Any word of if Alien 3 will remain canon?
-Has Riddick dropped by to express his disapproval?

Thanks in advance.

:rock:rock:rock

Is there's anything actually wrong with it? Is there a criticism that doesn't have to do with having killed Hicks and Newt? It's just an underrated movie.

1. Terrible visual effects

2. Facehugger in the beginning which made no sense

3. No memorable supporting characters beside Dillion and Clemens

4. They build the character (Clemens) and than they just killed him in the first act.

5. In the Theatrical Cut some of the characters just disappear for no reason

6. Bleak Storytelling

7. Almost all the people in this movie is a murderer or a rapist, you don't care if they die or not.

1. Heh, no.
2. It did.
3. Except any other inmate, I can remember at least a moment from most of the supporting cast.
4. And?
5. Some of the supporting cast that have no actual bearing in the plot.
6. And that's bad?
7. And that makes it a bad movie? You care about Ripley, a few others, and the Alien not making it to earth, that's enough.

Alien 3 isn't 'more serious' than Aliens anyway. It happens to have a downbeat beginning and ending while Aliens happens to end with 3 (arguably 4) main character left alive. So what? How does that make Aliens ''less serious'' exactly? A lot of people die in that film who you wish would have survived. Vasquez, Gorman (great redemption arc for him) Hudson.

Well that is exactly my point. The beginning and the interaction between the marines (which may look a bit cheesy to some) actually made the viewers to care about the supporting characters more so than Alien 3 where it just seems bleak and flat.

The movie Aliens had all sorts of mood ( cheesyness, seriousness, suspense, and etc).

1. Heh, no.
2. It did.
3. Except any other inmate, I can remember at least a moment from most of the supporting cast.
4. And?
5. Some of the supporting cast that have no actual bearing in the plot.
6. And that's bad?
7. And that makes it a bad movie? You care about Ripley, a few others, and the Alien not making it to earth, that's enough.

1. Explain
2. Explain
3. That is because you have seen it more than 100 times. For those that are not fan of the movie probably have only seen it once or twice and I'm pretty sure
they have never remembered anyone from the movie
4. ????
5. That is just terrible writing. You cant just make a character disappear for no reason.
6. Yes because it only has one mood unlike other good movies where they make you laugh , cry, and be happy.
7. Well it does not make it enough to become a good movie.

Well that is exactly my point. The beginning and the interaction between the marines (which may look a bit cheesy to some) actually made the viewers to care about the supporting characters more so than Alien 3 where it just seems bleak and flat.

The movie Aliens had all sorts of mood ( cheesyness, seriousness, suspense, and etc).

Well I like Alien 3. I really do. I'm just OK with seeing an alternate version in which Hicks is still alive because he was such a cool character, but not forced in his 'coolness' either.

Oh I hope this turns out good! District 9 is such a fantastic movie! I love Alien, but for some reason I could never get into Aliens. I tried multiple times, but I was always bored. I prefer this film to steer away from the action and be more like Alien.

1. Explain
2. Explain
3. That is because you have seen it more than 100 times. For those that are not fan of the movie probably have only seen it once or twice and I'm pretty sure
they have never remembered anyone from the movie
4. ????
5. That is just terrible writing. You cant just make a character disappear for no reason.
6. Yes because it only has one mood unlike other good movies where they make you laugh , cry, and be happy.
7. Well it does not make it enough to become a good movie.

1.They may look outdated, but taking into consideration it was the last stretch of chemical visual effects they are impressive, and in fact, pioneering in many aspects.
2. Oh, my bad, misread :lol nope, it didn't.
3. And how's that different from any other movie? If you watch it a lot, things stick, people don't watch Alien 3 a lot, things don't stick.
4. You're the one making that point :lol you tell me.
5. It's really not, since they don't disappear in the DC cut, but the suits made them disappear in the theatrical, and again, they're not important, they're barely supporting characters.
6. And the 1st Alien has more than 1 mood? Does Predator? That's just not a good argument.
7. Huh? Yes it does, the script does, the visuals do, the sound does, the music does, the performances do.

the movie will be undoubtedly full of action and great visually, I have absolutely no doubt about that. it might be the best lien movie (visually ) since aliens came out.

Back