Need help with wash over pastels

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmc1

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hi,

I've started the long road to painting a 1/6th head. So, after reading the suggested tutorials. I'm finding it difficult to use a wash over the pastel shading I'm using. It seems that it is either too thick and covers much of the pastel too much or too loose and beads on the matte coating I apply after the pastels. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I've started the long road to painting a 1/6th head. So, after reading the suggested tutorials. I'm finding it difficult to use a wash over the pastel shading I'm using. It seems that it is either too thick and covers much of the pastel too much or too loose and beads on the matte coating I apply after the pastels. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Well what are you using in your wash buddy?
Water?
I use rubbing alchol as it disolves really quickly.
Also you know when the consistancy is right when you put it on news paper and you can read through it.

Well what are you using in your wash buddy?
Water?
I use rubbing alchol as it disolves really quickly.
Also you know when the consistancy is right when you put it on news paper and you can read through it.

okay, I think it was too thick then. I haven't tried alcohol but someone else once mentioned windex? Thank you for your help

So I just found a good base color that is close to my true type body - just a bit less red. Should I use a redder skin tone wash to bring out the color more or just highlight with paint or pastels?

Back