Need help for Batman begins suit casting material

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Imaresqd1

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm currently woking on a set of 1/6 batman begins suit. I'm having trouble with finding the right casting material for the suit. I tried to look for black latex rubber on ebay, no luck at all. Dose anybody know what kind of rubber is ideal for this ?
Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
if you use "black" latex rubber it'll degrade very quickly and wont really put up with being moved around alot, sadly the same goes for silicone Rubber, it isnt really made for alot of moving around and its lifespan, tho better than your standard latex, is still a factor...

I'd suggest looking into a little substance called Dragon Skin, its a form of Silicone rubber we use alot in animatronics for skins (it has effectivly replaced foam rubber). It has a great elastisity (sp?) and was developed for use in animatronics and puppet making, especially for constant movement.

The stuff is water clear, but you can buy special pigments for it to make it any color required, it also takes paint really well if prepaired properly

I'd suggest doing some research before you buy, as everything has its drawbacks and limitations, last thing you want to do is blow $200 on alot of one material only for it to be useless

Regards

SJ

Thanks a lot SJ!! really appreciate your help. I'll look into it. thanks again!

I wonder what's the material hot toys and medicom used for their suits. anyone know?

Back