NECA's 18" ALIEN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're releasing a box set of the 7" Alien/Predator figures.

NECA has stated on Twitter that they'll be revising the Alien's jaw sculpt and underdome paint work. As well as making the dome more 'cloudy'.

Already sounds like a Must Buy. My main problem with Neca's alien is the totally clear dome with the naff paint scheme visible underneath. The dome was always fogged up in the film. Oh and I'd hope the QC would be improved aswell. My Neca Alien broke at the elbow at the slightest attempt to move it. And I've had similar such breakages recently with the T-1000. Really Neca, isn't there anything you can do about this crap?

That's interesting... so they are re-releasing the 18" scale figure...

It's weird. They have the 7" Aliens warrior up for back order and the 7" Nostromo Alien is pre-sold out, but they both have an August release date listed as well.

I really love the revoltech Alien and I have two of them. It's really accurate but a little toyish for me. I wish it were bigger also. I think the tail is short but all in all it's great. The detail is way smooth and and toy like and I wish it were more real looking. I also wish I were sculpting the Alien now because there have been such great pics of the Alien I never saw until the last few months. All in all I'm happy with mine but I know it could be better but that's how it goes with all the figure I do. Any and all figures could be better but there is a thing called time.
For want it is though the Revoltech is a sweet Alien figure and I respect the artist that sculpted it a lot. He or she really tried to do an accurate Alien and did a great job of it.

Cool. I don't mind it being toy-ish though because that's what it is, but I totally see what you mean. It would be great to have a scaled up version.

I'd like a profile so:

rva91z.jpg

Nicely done, you've grabbed that dome section from the film, right?

The jaw and throat section would still need sorting mind.

I'd like a profile so:

rva91z.jpg

Wow, that looks stunning but even the non-photoshopped one looks far better than the Hot Toys. I say that as someone who owns and loves many many Hot Toys figures so I'm not trying to justify any refusal to spend money.

I don't think the difference between the HT and NECA Predator is quite as big as some of you NECA hardcores seem to think though. I agree with some of your criticism alright but you take it to exaggerated extremes.

Whats great is if you also look at the stuff thats unchanged in that photoshop job, the mouth and teeth look dead-on to me. Combined with that improved dome it looks simply incredible and totally evokes the Big Chap Alien.

I'm glad NECA is re-releasing the 18 inch scaled Alien. I already have one but I regretted not buying another one just because I like the sculpt and size so much. I'm sure if BBTS has it on pre-order, my local comic shop must have also placed another order for more since they sold out pretty quickly.

I might get this one, even if I have the HT one. The price is too good to pass up. I'll just think of this as a xenomorph super soldier or something :) I'll then pit this against my Cleaner Pred since I won't be able to get either NECA's or HT Predalien.

Back