NECA - Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just an FYI. The figure is shipping from Neca separately if you preordered from Target. I called when I got my Blu-ray without it.

Interesting... so it's exclusive those who bought the Blu-ray online from Target site.

Strange, usually their DVD exclusives are also available in store as well.

I'm not too upset about missing out on this... it's strange though that they are pushing a figure from the classic line rather than the line from the ACTUAL film.

The third figure in wave three is a Conquest gorilla... to go with Caesar.

That's right, thanks. Who will get the bugle?

Just an FYI. The figure is shipping from Neca separately if you preordered from Target. I called when I got my Blu-ray without it.

Ooh, that's nice. It probably means that the buyers will get some special love from Neca. I would love to have a gorilla in a blister card, I think these look sharp.

Interesting... so it's exclusive those who bought the Blu-ray online from Target site.

Strange, usually their DVD exclusives are also available in store as well.

I'm not too upset about missing out on this... it's strange though that they are pushing a figure from the classic line rather than the line from the ACTUAL film.

I wonder if Neca's thought behind this was; the purchaser was already spending money on this new series, therefore they will most likely continue to do so, where if Neca can also get them to find interest in the original series that maybe they can score a new customer?

Here is my main collection shelves in it's current state:

IMG_1355.JPG

IMG_1382.JPG

IMG_1384.JPG

IMG_1357.JPG

IMG_1392.JPG

IMG_1380.JPG

IMG_1402.JPG

Plenty of room for MORE NECA Apes!

These new NECA Apes are sure making a monkey out of those old Medicoms! Gee...I thought the Medicom Ursus was flawless... until I displayed him with the new NECA version. NO COMPARISON!

I just realized my Medicom Urko took a nose drive off the shelf and was on the floor while I was taking the picture.

Camera shy, that General!

Can I see an Urko to Ursus comparison shot? Also is that a cosplay Taylor, I have never seen him? I have only seen: Dr. Z, Cornelius, Ursus and soldier. That's a cool litle Icarus, are those minimates, or lego? All you need is a HT Ursus. I see a few goodies from Angel, the bugle, Caesar statue, did he do Ursus' helmet also? Another thing, you seem to be missing SS' Mutant Jailer, and where is your PF Dr. Z. I have still yet to open that thing.

Can I see an Urko to Ursus comparison shot? Also is that a cosplay Taylor, I have never seen him? I have only seen: Dr. Z, Cornelius, Ursus and soldier. That's a cool litle Icarus, are those minimates, or lego? All you need is a HT Ursus. I see a few goodies from Angel, the bugle, Caesar statue, did he do Ursus' helmet also? Another thing, you seem to be missing SS' Mutant Jailer, and where is your PF Dr. Z. I have still yet to open that thing.

So many questions! I'll try and answer all of them.

Here are the comparison shots of the Medicom Ursus and Urko. (I can't believe how pale and chimp-like the coloring of Urko's face is):

IMG_1406.JPG
IMG_1409.JPG
IMG_1411.JPG

The helmet that my Sideshow Ursus wears was sculpted by Angel. Boy that guy sure left his mark on this thread. It's sad that he is no longer posting.

And yes that is the Cosbaby Taylor. I wasn't going to get him but somebody online had a clearance sale and $3.99 with free shipping was too good to pass up.

All of those mini-Apes are Medicom Kubricks. I have them ALL but they take so much room on my shelves that most of them are currently boxed up. I have a mini-Statue of Liberty, Jailor wagon, cages etc. I also had a complete set of Vinyl Medicom Ape figures mint on card but a guy offer me an INSANE amount for it that I couldn't pass it up. But I feel strange that I don't have a full set of them. I've also sold some of the more rare ones recently too due to some financial woes. What you see on those shelves are the LAST of my Vinyl Medicom figures.

I, of course have the Hot Toys Apes... but they are in a sealed acrylic case to keep them dust free (along with my other high end Hot Toys pieces) just above the shelves that were featured on the last post:

IMG_1414.JPG

I also have a matching acrylic case that houses my Hasbro POTA test shot figures as well as my Firefly customs:

IMG_1450.JPG

Also in the same room my son has his Hot Toys collection on display:

IMG_1413.JPG

As for the Sideshow Mutant Jailer, ever since I had the box signed by the actor at SDCC 2006, I've kept the figure in the box:

IMG_1448.JPG
IMG_1446.JPG

Also in this room I have other Ape stuff adorning the walls (sorry for the tilted pic, I still haven't solved the auto-rotation problem my computer is experiencing.

Apemania casting of Caesar statue with Bronze nameplate and my silicon casting of the Julius mold:

IMG_1437.JPG

My Don Post masks:

IMG_1439.JPG

So all of these photos are from my computer room downstairs... which acts as a sort of Man Cave what houses all of collections from Star Wars, LOTR, Hellboy and Firefly/Buffy/Angel. But I have another room with more Ape Stuff....

Last edited:
not entirely on point, but I'm having a horrid time trying to find the Caesar head blu Ray case thing up here in Canada.... any ape-pals out there that could help??

...and in my bedroom resides the pride of my POTA collection: an original signed Morton Haack production drawing, loose production chimp sleeve glyphs, production drawing of Zaius from Return to POTA cartoon series, production drawing of Simpsons POTA spoof, and the resin prototype of the Sideshow Lawgiver statue. This is also where my PF of Zaius is displayed... still my favorite sculpt of Zaius so far. Also I have another set of Sideshow Zaiuses but this set has been customized by Angel with open mouths and BOTH stands are signed by Sideshow sculptor Mat Falls.

And the pictures my son drew are very precious as well.

IMG_1416.JPG

IMG_1436.JPG

IMG_1419.JPG

IMG_1434.JPG

The Simpson drawing is above my head board:

IMG_1422.JPG

And a replica British POTA Quad poster is hung at the stairwell entrance of my house.

IMG_1452.JPG

And ooops! I forgot my lone MEGO figure in the Man Cave:

IMG_1454.JPG

So that is essentially my collection on display. Like I said, I do have some stuff in storage like the whole Hasbro POTA line, Kubricks, and Addar model kits but I don't know if I'll ever display those.

not entirely on point, but I'm having a horrid time trying to find the Caesar head blu Ray case thing up here in Canada.... any ape-pals out there that could help??

I don't know they have Costcos up in Canada, but I've heard that they are popping up in Costcos around the country.

Great collection PZ.

I just bought Cornelius and I want to redo so my brilliant idea is to make a wax cast of the headsculpt and work on that in case i mess up

I hope so, I just got off the phone with CS and they were not helpful. As far as the Target computers were concerned, my order doesn't say anything about a "free figure".

Wow, amazing collection PZ. So many cool items. Thanks for answering some questions. That Neca Ursus sure looks good. I forgot you got the Jailer signed. Woo!

Great collection PZ, so may ape related collectibles. I can see you've put a lot of time and money into it!

I hope so, I just got off the phone with CS and they were not helpful. As far as the Target computers were concerned, my order doesn't say anything about a "free figure".

I'm going to keep my blu-ray sealed until I get the figure. If there's no figure then Target can have the movie back.

Back