NECA - Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made a mold and poured some liquefied monsterclay in the mold...and I reworked it a little. Here he is my Cornelius...I removed some weight from his brows, and made his mouth more movie accurate. I also added crinkles near his eyes. I will lighten up the trenches they dug on his face for the facial lines before I finish him up..

Once I perfect him, I am going to make another mold and make a resin cast which I will paint up and replace the frowny Cornelius with. Since I am not working with a magnifying glass, these guys are so small they really burn your eyes out working on them!

I just came back from my neighborhood Costco and they do in fact have the Caesar Blu-ray bust set. Looks AWESOME! Wish I could afford it!

And Jess that Cornelius head is insane! How do you do it? You should be working for NECA! Perhaps then I'd finally get a worthy Zaius!

Hey guys/gals sorry I haven't been around of late have had comissions to complete before xmas plus looking for a new house is very time consuming. I will be getting the Gorilla 2 pack and Ursus for xmas so I can't wait for that so I have to be excited as the kids don't know I know LOL. Jess the cast looks great I can't wait to see it painted.

Ron

Wow, very cool Jessica. Do the Neca heads pop off? I tried to remove one of the 2pack gorillas head but it refused to budge and I became concerned that I would damage the figure. Will you be doing your Zira? What do you think of her?

Welcome back humble, can't wait to see some more creations!

Anyone from NECA post here? If so ... blow up the scale of your prototype horses you made for the Lone Ranger line and give us a Gorilla Soldier with Horse exclusive! Or Taylor ... or whoever likes to ride horses on the Planet of the Apes ... please?

Anyone from NECA post here? If so ... blow up the scale of your prototype horses you made for the Lone Ranger line and give us a Gorilla Soldier with Horse exclusive! Or Taylor ... or whoever likes to ride horses on the Planet of the Apes ... please?

They've already said it's never going to happen. Too many people already make horses. Our best chance was with a Lone Ranger horse because it's proprietary, but that ship has sailed.

Ursus is fantastic...but scarrviper is right...it is unfortunate that we didn't get a hand that could hold the machine gun. Now, Ursus is the only one I've opened so far and man, he is awesome...just great.

I was able to stop into my local Toys R Us today and fortunately for me I found 3 2packs and 2 General Ursus, Woo!. I see what you mean now. Wow, Ursus' hand seems to be made of harder plastic and does not want to bend that much, and it surely can't hold the mg properly. I hope Neca fixes this. Ursus is a great figure!

CARDINAL- I'm not sure why Neca isn't going to plan on doing horses, besides, what other horses besides the Hulked out horses from the LOTR license, are there?

Uh cool, I'll have to keep an eye out for those. Thanks.

Has anyone been able to remove their Neca figure's head? Do they pop right off? I can't seem to get mine off, want to make sure I don't break it. Thanks again.

Jess,I suggest you invest in a magnifier visor;it will make small projects vastly easier. They aren't too expensive,and the convenience (and avoided head-aches) make it well worth it.Take this from one who's been there(and wishes he still was)...PS

Jess,I suggest you invest in a magnifier visor;it will make small projects vastly easier. They aren't too expensive,and the convenience (and avoided head-aches) make it well worth it.Take this from one who's been there(and wishes he still was)...PS

Agree 100%.

They sell cheap versions at Michaels crafts for around $20, and they always have coupons. Rather than use the chinsy clamp, I drilled a hole into my work desk.

Contacted Neca via Twitter...... They said no Rocket! To their credit they did respond fast. Wish HT was this close to their fans!

anyone see any inhand pics or reviews of the dawn series 2? are they at rus yet?

it was mentioned a while back that Randy could not see the Dawn going into series 3. He had more interests and probs investments in the Classic series. You could tell by how much coverage was done foe this series.

Back