Neca has universal monsters!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kind of thinking about getting in on this line. Question is black and white or color.. I don’t want to get doubles of each even though it’s tempting. Leaning more towards the black and white versions.

Kind of thinking about getting in on this line. Question is black and white or color.. I don’t want to get doubles of each even though it’s tempting. Leaning more towards the black and white versions.
Black and white may not include all the characters, as some aren't selling as well as others. Color series sells better for NECA.

Yeah if you want to be able to buy all the figures, is suggest going with color versions. There are a few like the Invisible Man that don’t have an announced black and white version coming yet, and may never.

Good to know. Haven’t bought any yet and actually the one that I’m wanting is color only at the moment (The Phantom). I guess I can see some not having the mass appeal to be able to sell two different versions.

One thing we do have to be thankful for with colour versions of the figures is that they no longer have to conform to that wildly inaccurate Universal Colour Chart. Everything on that was proven to be wrong, like a green jacket and brown pants on the Frankenstein Monster. What with the films being in black and white and with there being little reference available pre internet I guess they got away with it. However, now we can research original costumes it becomes ever clearer that the colour chart was a real bum steer and hurt figures and kits greatly. We all saw SSC's Universal figures suffer from that.

Even though all the other Universal stuff I have will be in colour, I've only collected the black and white NECA figures as, aside from The Creature, I haven't liked the look of most of the colour ones much. That said though, I did get the Mummy in colour as I really liked the accessory set.

From what I've seen, the color Mummy is almost the same color as the B&W version. I'm not getting any of the accessory sets, so I'm fine with just the B&W ones. But will be disappointed to miss out on the Phantom and Invisible Man. I just don't want to mix and match these in my collection.

Got my BK Frankenstein from Loot Crate today. They made the bag a zip lock bag so you can pull him out and play with him and put him back in the bag later. Glad they didn’t make us tear them open. Otherwise pretty much what you would expect. Brings back lots of memories.

Yeah, Michael Crawford said he'd seen one. Be interesting to see pics.
Well, heck bro, have you looked at evil bay? they're all over the place along with Ultimate Miner from My Bloody Valentine. Which was never even solicited officially yet, but Target has them on the shelves,lol.

Well, heck bro, have you looked at evil bay? they're all over the place along with Ultimate Miner from My Bloody Valentine. Which was never even solicited officially yet, but Target has them on the shelves,lol.
I honestly don't know what's going on with NECA anymore.

BW Creature, MacReady, and Harry Warden are all apart of Target’s Fall Geek out for tomorrow. Some stores just jumped the gun. They’ll be available to order in the morning. Likely just another batch of timed exclusives again.

LOL, no, I have a local retailer that gets NECA in so I get to pick the best figures so I don't look on eBay for them much.

Look what I found at Target today...

IMG-20230930-020016.jpg

Now I just need the B&W Bride, Color Creature and The Phantom and I'm all caught up.

I just hope they do a B&W Phantom. (To go with the Chaney's Burke from London After Midnight.)

Back