Neca has universal monsters!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are going to get more than one Bela Lugosi Dracula by my estimation. This first entry is called Transylvania edition. So I am guessing a London version is forthcoming by 2023 Halloween/early 2024. Providing this one sells. I suspect the London Version will contain these looks, with medallion removed, and the mirrored cigarette box, top hat, and cane as accessories. Ala the route they took with MacReady in their Thing series. Their accessory set shows they are uber fans, on the same mania level of detailed collecting as I am. Their accessory pack even has the Jerusalem cricket and mini coffin, and armadillo crypt critter,lol.
NECA-2022-SDCC-Preview 49__scaled_800.jpg
gettyimages-140652377-2048x2048.jpg
Bela_Lugosi_as_Dracula.jpg

An odd thing happened today...
I went to a large collectibles shop here in Hamburg, and found all of NECA's latest figures that interest me (AWIL, Frankenstein, Wolfman, etc), and while they all looked great, I felt no desire to buy any of them. I felt they would just be plastic clutter.
Kinda sad, really.

I just picked up the Mummy and Neca is 3 for 3, and from the looks of it Dracula will be just as good. This line is on fire and I'm loving it. I feel like it's the early 2000s again with all the Sideshow Universal figures. God, I would love if Neca made some Twilight Zone figures from the original series.

20220806_152659.jpg

20220806_152808.jpg

20220806_152153.jpg

20220806_153212.jpg

20220806_153238.jpg

20220806_154426.jpg

Hanging out for all the B&W ones myself. So far, it's STILL only the Monster that has made it to the UK. Wolfie and Mummy have still yet to make it over here, Come on, sort it out! I don't want to get these sight unseen just to get them, I want to see what I'm getting first.

I told myself I would only purchase the colored versions. Picked up the colored Frankenstein over a year ago and when I saw the B&W I knew I made the right call. The B&W Frankenstein didn’t do it for me. Then I went and purchase colored Wolfman and life was good until I saw the B&W Wolfman and it was so beautiful! I told myself it was a one off purchase. Now I have both versions of The Mummy!! Now I feel I need to go back and pick up B&W Frank. It looks like I may be picking up both versions of this line. Not to happy about that but I have pretty much passed on everything else NECA. With higher prices I have reduced my buying.

I told myself I would only purchase the colored versions. Picked up the colored Frankenstein over a year ago and when I saw the B&W I knew I made the right call. The B&W Frankenstein didn’t do it for me. Then I went and purchase colored Wolfman and life was good until I saw the B&W Wolfman and it was so beautiful! I told myself it was a one off purchase. Now I have both versions of The Mummy!! Now I feel I need to go back and pick up B&W Frank. It looks like I may be picking up both versions of this line. Not to happy about that but I have pretty much passed on everything else NECA. With higher prices I have reduced my buying.
I was of the same mind, but something about them made me think of that time they tried to colorize all black and white films to make the more appealing to todays audience. So I ended up just getting both. Did the same things with the old Sideshow figures.

Not often we get Creatures with the red lips. Kind of surprised Universal didn’t make them go with the more monotone green we usually see.

Back