Neca has universal monsters!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not often we get Creatures with the red lips. Kind of surprised Universal didn’t make them go with the more monotone green we usually see.
The red lips have to go. It makes the Creature look like my ex-wife. She was addicted to lipstick. :lol

I think it did actually have red lips, this is a shot of the actual costume taken by Life magazine:

241707505_10227646017564350_8408180238556479094_n.jpg

Randy has to get his head out of his caboose and make this Universal Horror Figures in 1/4 scale.

It's been a long time since we had a new 1/4 scale NECA figure. These are the perfect figures and sculpts to produce in 1/4 scale.

I will take the Life magazine edition. I don't like Universal's retro frog neck paint scheme. If there is an issue, wait for the black and white. Or get a custom upgrade.

I think the Neca Creature looks to be my favorite in the line yet.

Imma be perfectly blunt here....I always stated if NECA got ahold of Universal Monsters, they would dominate in this scale. They haven't disappointed. What I am hoping for ultimately....is a deep dive. I'm talking Kharis and Werewolf of London deep. I hope we get there. I backed their Planet of the Apes line whole hog. I was very disappointed when it ended without Taylor, Nova, Brent, Mutants.

I will take the Life magazine edition. I don't like Universal's retro frog neck paint scheme. If there is an issue, wait for the black and white. Or get a custom upgrade.

I've never known if that truly was what the suit looked like or whether Life retouched them at all. I've colour matched all my kits to that version now.

I've never known if that truly was what the suit looked like or whether Life retouched them at all. I've colour matched all my kits to that version now.
When those Life Magazine pictures were found a few years ago, they broke the internet in half. Apparently they came from the vaults, and had never been published as taken(in color). So I am inclined to believe they were pics of the actual suit, un tampered.

When those Life Magazine pictures were found a few years ago, they broke the internet in half. Apparently they came from the vaults, and had never been published as taken(in color). So I am inclined to believe they were pics of the actual suit, un tampered.

That's good to know.

Not sure if I will pick up invisible man at this time. So far the images are not doing anything for me. Plus NECA Ultimates are $60 Canadian these days. I may hold off and pick up the classic gown version (you know its coming)

Back