NECA damage report

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like he'd be emailing them about every single figure he gets. Complaining on a forum does make sense particularly if its to get a feel of how many people experience the same problems. A thread called 'NECA damage report' is intended for just that. Hot Toys figures are getting 'Damage Report' threads now too. People may not like the manner of his complaining (because it is all he has ever done here) and I didn't either...until I bought 11 T-1000s and almost every single one of them crumbled at the joints. That shouldn't happen unless the damn things are literally free with a happy meal.

Mr postman delivered some assassins creed and some aliens and predators with broken arms a cracked leg joint and nasty stuck joints and bad paint that looks nothing like the paint masters and prototypes they showed. I have a whole lot more coming soon and I hope Ill have better luck with the next delivery but its not looking very promising so far. The way I feel right now NECA needs its ass kicked big time for the ____ its putting out. Same old ____ and they keep on rolling with it even though they said that they were using new factories and better paint techniques and all that jazz.

We need to more now than ever let them know about the problems so they can fix things and they will have no excuses for releasing crap and charging more and more for less and less.I cant see them being around long when this is what they do with almost every release now. Everyone I know has problems with their stuff and NECA keeps telling us they have fixed this or are using a new factory but nothing ever changes and now I think they are just laughing at us by making inferior crap that a 2 year old could break. NECA needs to raise the bar and improve their game or they wont be around in a few years its really not that complex when you do what they do.

They'll be around as long as people keep buying...which seems to be exactly what you're doing. :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

NECA thanks you for your continued business. :hi5:

I have contacted their customer service on numerous occasions and when they do reply weeks later they always tell me to return stuff to the place I purchased it for an exchange or refund. I have never had them replace anything for me since their company started pumping out ____y quality toys and thats been almost from the start. Mind you there has been some really well made stuff that has exceeded my expectations for the price but they are few and far between especially over the past 5 years or more there just any rhyme or reason for their quality control anymore so you will be very lucky if you get something good and worth keeping anymore.

My 18" predators have more torn netting now and the ankles are so lose that I have to lean them against the wall and the arms have half and inch of floppy movement in them so getting them to stay exactly where you want is almost impossible. And I swear the armor is starting to droop and if you look on the underside of the shoulder stuff its got a kind of oily feel to it and the silver paint is starting to come off a here and there and the netting just rips if you look at it the wrong way because its so cheap and nasty. Im not even going to go into the horror show about all the lose joints and armature quality control that went into the 18" alien figure its so bad that they cant give them away anymore with prices as low as 7 inchers.

The money I spend is insignificant to me I have many collections going at the same time but that doesnt excuse NECA from doing what it does and not following through with the promises they make about increasing quality control well I guess they did keep their promise in a way they did increase it by a fraction of a percent but to me thats just lawyer talk. Bull____ting your way through the market can only take you so far and then you end up with egg on your face and customers turn away. NECA is probably taking the approach where they let things get so bad that they start to notice sales starting to dramatically drop and then they will pay a little more at the factory level and do thing the right way the first time and give people what they know they should and would expect themselves if they were the customer.

Sabres who cant spell sabers Im starting to think that you have no idea what quality actually is and you probably like mountain dew more than coke but youll settle for pepsi over than anyway. You can insult me and make your weak attempts at sarcastic comments with as few words as your mind can muster but that doesnt excuse NECA one little bit no matter what paradigm you use to infer than Im some crackpot and youre somehow better than me and all the rest of the loyal fans that have been and are getting jacked by NECA and their shady business practices. you may be a child right now who can ignore it all you want and with that attitude nothing will change and prices will increase and price you out and when that eventually happens youll change your tune and open your eyes and realize what me an thousands of others have been saying all along is the truth and how you could have made a difference to make things better but you were to busy being proud and being a smart alec and paid the price and NECA will fail but the main staff and management will still walk away laughing all the way to the bank. How about maybe Im not one of the lucky chosen ones who only gets defect free stuff from NECA like some who would have you think they do.

If you care about the subject matter that they base their stuff on you would understand that spending a dollar more eon each piece at the factory level would make a HUGE difference to the end product result and enhance NECAs name and raise it up where it should be but that would cut into their nett profits by a fraction of a percent and they just dont care enough to stop making crap and take care for their customers. they are more interested in making a little bit more money than their fans getting what they pay for not the best but not the worst. I dont have any clue if you have the capacity to actually understand what Im saying but the price of their stuff shouldnt necessarily reflect the the age and IQ of the person buying it. Notice how these paid NECA fools always hang around each other and bolster their ranks with newly created members who automatically agree with everything that group is saying and if anyone dares to say anything that isnt part of their agenda they gang up on the member and use their numbers to flame them with name calling and discredit what they say or anything else they can do to make that person leave the subject and mask the comments. Despite what the noobs with unrealistic expectation are saying about the higher end stuff its not anywhere near as bad as the NECA stuff with only one if five figures being anywhere near good enough to justify the ever increasing price and 1% increase in quality. Open your eyes and see that youre being played like a cheap chinese whistle by these jokers.

Lmao@ the sabres/sabers thing. :lol

And I kinda agree with you Fortnox, quality is becoming non-existant (not only in NECA, but SS), but the crap you just said about the 19incher is bull____ unless you're running around with it and playing in a volcano or somthing. I used to be on the side of the people who had netting problems, but now I'm not sure. I've had mine for 6-7 months now and there's only one tear..that happened before I got it. One joint was slightly loose before I got it, no other joints are loose..nothing wrong with the rubbery material they used for armor, nothing wrong with the paint, etc.

The paint is what I would expect for a 15 dollar figure, but no matter how good the paint is..if the figure crumbles out of the box, or already in the box it's not worth it.

I've got one, maybe 2 netting breaks. I've also noticed the shoulder joints not being tight enough to hold the arm up on one of them, my masked one I think. However overall I think the 1/4 scale figures are top notch so I disagree with Fortknox on that. I think he's being maybe a tad too fussy in his criticisms there but I guess that speaks to his increasing annoyance with NECA overall for their QC issues.
Breakages, those are my main beef with NECA. Bad paint...well OK its always been inconsistent in the 7" scale going back to the McFarlane days. Some had great paint, others had not so great paint. It just so happens that the some NECA figures that have had great paint are figures that I personally don't care quite so much about - like my Conan Temple of the Serpent figure - great paintjob. However if I could swap the great paint on that onto my Terminator figures I would do so in a heartbeat. It annoys me that those are the ones that have the $h!tty paint.

If the insults toward other members continues in this or other threads of its ilk that I run across--by any party--then infractions may well be handed out and that thread closed. Fortnox may be beating a dead horse, but if you don't like it, you don't have to respond with insults. As long as he is discussing the product, then I don't think anyone should be viewing it as a personal affront. Not that that excuses responses in kind, but everyone here has the right to voice their opinion on the quality of various collectibles, even if their opinion appears harebrained to you. If you simply cannot co-exist with another board member, please put him or her on ignore and move on.

At a certain point, I have to wonder if posts like "NECA PREDS RULE!" are a spiteful response toward Fortnox or manifestations of denial.
Not that NECA is quite as bad as he's making it out to be, but anyone who collects their figures (even die-hard fans who won't buy anything else) has to admit, when you look at a NECA Predator, you can't say it's perfect, that there's nothing you wouldn't change or that even remotely bugs you about it.

For $15, I can get across their odd color choices and mismatched tones as long as there isn't any slop. Only because they're $15, though.

At a certain point, I have to wonder if posts like "NECA PREDS RULE!" are a spiteful response toward Fortnox or manifestations of denial.
Not that NECA is quite as bad as he's making it out to be, but anyone who collects their figures (even die-hard fans who won't buy anything else) has to admit, when you look at a NECA Predator, you can't say it's perfect, that there's nothing you wouldn't change or that even remotely bugs you about it.

For $15, I can get across their odd color choices and mismatched tones as long as there isn't any slop. Only because they're $15, though.

It's my opinion...if you don't like it...feel free to step in line behind Fartknox.

If you feel that his opinions...that EVERY SINGLE piece of NECA is crap...are more valid than my NECA PREDS RULE...then maybe this isn't the thread for you.

Let's face it, we all feel differently. The problem here is he continues to state the same thing OVER AND OVER again. Even the mods say his ranting posts are the equivalent of beating a dead horse. And he even goes so far as to speak of NECA "silencing" their critics and that Tankman isn't really the sculptor Kyle.

Seriously? Really?

At some point, someone has to stand for the other side of the coin. I like NECA's Preds...alot. I've never had any problems with mine. If that bothers you, or Fartknox...that's really none of my concern. In spite of what he says, I don't get special favors from NECA...I've just been lucky I guess.

So...that absolutely entitles me to my NECA PREDS RULE opinion. :wave

Last edited:
Hey, there's no question that his posts are hilariously paranoid. His intentions make sense, but they're lost in awkward, angry translation 99% of the time.

Last edited:
This is so ____ing stupid. It's like the ____ing 1950's all over again. Stop acting like there is this "WITH US OR AGAINST US mentality. There is no ____ing stepping line.

The NECA Predators suck. Sorry, but they do. Aside from the 18 inch one, they're poorly made, poorly painted, and just look visually unappealing. If you like them, good for you.

I haven't bought one yet BECAUSE of that reason. This isn't a conspiracy, no one is Neca communist. We're not satisfied with their product. Simple as that.

NECA is so adamant about keeping their figures at the $15 price point that I wonder if that's holding them back. Their figures already have a ton of paint apps. The predators are very intricate. Certain figures may need the extra production costs.

I'd pay more if it led to better quality paint jobs and plastic.

Same here. Though I won't be surprised if the price goes up and the quality stays exactly the same regardless.

No doubt we'd see evidence of the placebo effect in some buyers, and the company may even go as far as to encourage such things by pleading that they've in fact changed.
Then again, what if the price rose to $20? A $5 jump is fairly significant, so one could assume we'd see some sort of improvement there. What really bugs me about their business practices is the lack of control they have over the factories in China. Granted, they can't babysit them 24 hours a day, but one must wonder... how noticeable of an impact could be made on the quality of these figures were they to pay their workers a little more to put out $20 toys rather than the traditional $15 ones? Methinks we'd definitely see something cool come out of it.

At a certain point, this becomes irrelevant for me since my LCS charges $18.99 per NECA Predator nowadays. Even in 2007 when the AVP-R line came out, they were $16.99 a pop. Then again, the Alien and Predalien in that series were surprisingly brilliant (minus the latter's ability to stand without falling).

Most stores have NECA ____ around 20 bucks. So...if they make them worth 25 bucks, then yippie.

Can't remember the last time I bought one in Forbidden Planet. I think they charge up to 30euros for them though. I could be wrong. That may have been the price of an exclusive or something. Thats $41 according to XE. Well regardless, they're expensive enough here in Ireland and its cheaper for me to get them from BBTS

Back