NECA: Commando Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpeg

Aaaaaand no Commando figure today either. Man, how was my clock so off on this one. I was looking for it friday. When that didn't happen I thought ''definitely'' monday. And it just keeps going like that. **** sake. Going to a 2 day wedding thing this weekend, I'd like to have some time with the figure before then. Yeah yeah yeah first world problems etc etc etc

The 1:4 Dutch is one that I opted not to buy but have kinda been reconsidering the past few days actually. No rush though as BBTS appear to have plenty of them.

I picked one up at BBTS a few weeks ago and I like it. Not the best paint job on the face, but overall it's a pretty nice figure.

That's the concern, getting one with wonky eyes. Frustrating that you have to worry about that at 7'' let alone 18'' - another reason I didn't buy it before. The paint-jobs don't really correspond as much as they should IMO with the increase in scale.

As I said though BBTS seem to have plenty, maybe they'll go on clearance at some point. I'll wait as long as I can.

Any review I saw on youtube seemed to say the same thing. One eye looked weird. Maybe it was deliberate and any figure whose eyes don't look like that is an anomaly, a happy accident.

They pretty much painted the left eye wrong. Everyone I have seen suffers from the same problem. I think the figure is worth a purchase though. Nice tight joints, nicely weathered weapons, and a decent Arnie sculpt.

Got mine today. Cool figure. My only complaint is about the lack of any alternative hands. The default hands are good for 2 handed machine-gun posing but are less than ideal for those memorable ''gearing-up'' poses such as the one Jye has gone for. The left hand is too open to really hold the rocket launcher by the strap, you have to sort of hook it against his leg by bending his arm at the elbow whereas in reality I think his arm would be pretty straight. Likewise the other hand doesn't satisfyingly grip the gun handle for that over the shoulder pose. The hands are also a very inflexible plastic, I think I'm actually creating white stress marks just getting him to hold the gun

But that's it. Everything else is positive for me.

Yeah, the hands are a bummer, If I kept stretching and bending his right index finger I would've ended up with a 4 fingered hand.

Oh well, more pics.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Same here. Even went to a Sam goody that had pretty much every other neca figure but him. I know could have ordered him online all this time, but I really wanted to check paint job in person.

I prefer the Dutch sculpt. Rambo looks so much better with the bright red headband, and the accurate black color on the knife's blade. I had no idea Sigourney Weaver was so tall.

Great pics, everyone! :clap

jye, I too have that 1/4 Closed Mouth Jungle Hunter. A tremendous figure. :duff

I agree, CP. Dutch is about as good as it gets at this scale. :duff And Sigourney's 6 foot tall IRL.

Dutch sculpt does look good there. Quite a bit different to the matrix sculpt actually.

I agree great pics everyone!

If I had to pinpoint what I think makes the biggest difference between the sculpts, it would be the eyes. John's are larger. That's something Dutch nailed, the iris and pupil were perfect in size and color. You can see the difference which is much more similar to Commando with the final battle two pack dutch, and the likeness suffers a bit.

Back