NECA Back to the Future

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks more like Marty's son than Marty. The way MJF played the son was very aloof and silly which to me is captured in this likeness, but when he played Marty playing his son he was confident with a totally different demeanor. I hope that makes sense lol.

Doesn’t really look like him, but gonna need something to go with that excellent Doc they’ve got coming.

The elbow joints are.....striking...but at least they're within the natural silhouette of those sleeves. The likeness....yeah, could be better but I'll still take it.

Some more photo's from twitter.

EhukaoqXkAA1hpQ
EhukaoqWsAISLuI
EhukaopXkAAq-EG

Some shots of the packaging in the background too. I think they look great, I'm really looking forward to these.

In addition to the paint **** up over the ear, not the best looking ball-joint head situation there - noticeable gaps and the neck looks shinier and a different tone than the face. I thought NECA had a better handle on how to do this. Likeness is iffy, we already knew that.

Otherwise, nice enough. Love the packaging and how it looks in the box.

Surprised to be seeing part II before part I.

Some more photo's from twitter.

EhukaoqXkAA1hpQ
EhukaoqWsAISLuI
EhukaopXkAAq-EG

Some shots of the packaging in the background too. I think they look great, I'm really looking forward to these.

I mean these photos only illustrate how dumb it is they didn?t do. Griff or a Marty in 1955 clothes.

I mean these photos only illustrate how dumb it is they didn?t do. Griff or a Marty in 1955 clothes.

''Didn't do'' is a bit premature. If the line does well they could end up doing those. They weren't the obvious first choices though hence these figures.

Yeah, given how NECA works, what we've gotten is the most logical choices.

- Ultimate Biff that represents his past self in 2 movies, where the bulk of his accessories come from part 2 so sell it as part 2.
- Doc from the past that represents the most significant costume on screen that appears, in some part, in all 3 movies.
- Marty from the first movie in his iconic 80s outfit, the most popular choice.
- Marty from part 2 where parts like legs and torso can be recycled from the Part 1 figure, reduces costs getting a new figure with as little new as possible and also delivering another look.

The Tales from Space Marty is an exclusive, probably limited in production, and likely just something NECA wanted to do for fun.

I really want to like these but they just don’t look that good to me. NECA can be so hit or miss. They kinda look like the actors they’re supposed to be, but at the same time both Marty and Biff look off. Marty never looked great in the prototype images. I thought Biff looked better, but in hand shots leave a lot to be desired.

Neca just posted on twitter that Crispin Glover declined when they asked to use his likeness.

Neca just posted on twitter that Crispin Glover declined when they asked to use his likeness.

They should have just made the figure and said it was based on someone else's likeness.:lol

And just checked out the Marty review - the peeps aren't too happy....

cDTPKOl.png

Back