NECA and Rubies took over ANOVOS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j97e1

Super Freak
Reaction score
So there is a 'new' company. Is it really new, or another front for the same company...
DENUO aNOVOs...?
Looks like the new parents are Rubies and NECA.
Products look like taken directly from the ANOVOS site.
Read here: DENUO NOVO COMPANY LAUNCH
Company website: Denuo Novo

Last edited:
This new company is going to fulfill current Anovos orders? Yeah, these 2 just bought Anovos and re-branded it.

So there is a 'new' company. Is it really new, or another front for the same company...
DENUO aNOVOs...?
Looks like the new parents are Rubies and NECA.
Products look like taken directly from the ANOVOS site.
Read here: DENUO NOVO COMPANY LAUNCH
Company website: Denuo Novo
*Shrug*. Read a lot of comments about ANOVOS when I thought about the Mando helmet$$$.

Overall, seems like when ANOVOS was on, they usually did good work a lot of time; pricey; and were an absolute disaster getting products into peoples' hands, long past anything reasonable. Even got sued at one point for non-delivery.

So in theory this could work, if the QC is there. Which it wasn't, always, when you are talking about "high end" collectibles and ANOVOS. But there are folks who are happy with the helmets.

It's been pointed out that there are no successful high end SW companies; they all seem to fold. Anyway, in the end, I went with the HASBRO Mando helmet and never worried once I wouldn't get what I ordered.:stormtroo

It's been pointed out that there are no successful high end SW companies; they all seem to fold.
Very niche luxury product, non-standard manufacturing, generally fan-run/passion project with said fans having no business acumen and lacking capital to sink into inventory, difficult customer base. Does that about sum up why?

I have a lot of ANOVOS helmets and I was always happy with their products.

But things went awry after Rogue One and they just became perpetually unable to make actual products materialize with a few exceptions like the Mandalorian helmet and Royal Guard.

I still have one outstanding order for a helmet that was prepaid. I know other folks have a lot more into it.

A real shame. The high end Star Wars license is like an unwinnable war that eventually takes down the licensee.

Maybe it's worth it, for whoever has a pending order with Anovos to contact NECA and ask about receiving their items.

Well, Rubies and NECA are both trustworthy companies and have the industry experience, so if they're in charge of this new venture, I think it bodes well.

This is what I'm thinking as well, with these 2 companies in charge, collectors have a reason to be a bit excited for this.

We'll see how the next few months go.

Very niche luxury product, non-standard manufacturing, generally fan-run/passion project with said fans having no business acumen and lacking capital to sink into inventory, difficult customer base. Does that about sum up why?
Yep. For me, personally, who isn't generally a passionate replica collector (have a few United Cutlery swords) - well, if you're gonna offer a Mando helmet at that price, it had better be flawless; and there were a few complaints I know of about the clear coat, at least. To me that's not acceptable.

Or reading some comment about a Snow Trooper helmet that used duck tape? This was all new to me, but it was interesting learning that some of REAL SW stuff, at least from the OT, actually looks like *&^% in person. What we see on screen isn't what was really there, at least with Stormtroopers. Or it's flimsy. Or was just taped on an actor for a shot.

So is your replica supposed to look like the real thing, or what we think we see on screen?

As for ANOVOS, to me it sounded like inexperienced people struggling to deal with factories in China and other places, so maybe established companies will do better with ANOVOS products.

[...] it was interesting learning that some of REAL SW stuff, at least from the OT, actually looks like *&^% in person. What we see on screen isn't what was really there, at least with Stormtroopers. Or it's flimsy. Or was just taped on an actor for a shot.

So is your replica supposed to look like the real thing, or what we think we see on screen?

Yeah, there's a case to be made for both. Purist rivet-counters want the real thing, other fans not so much.

I have a ROTJ Luke hilt, and it's very shiny and clean, and I was looking up how to weather it, and people are making it film accurate by adding metal tape to it to cover up the holes, because that's what the prop did ... I don't want to add tape to it, that's janky.

So, now I'm struggling with whether I want a janky-looking accurate hilt, or a shiny, non-janky hilt. :unsure:

Ask them about my royal guard helmet pre order at BBTS and they said to tell BBTS to contact them and they’ll make sure to send them it.

Maybe it's worth it, for whoever has a pending order with Anovos to contact NECA and ask about receiving their items.
I did, as have others.

I received a similar email to what other folks have been getting. They said they're committed to fulfilling ANOVOS orders, asked to confirm my shipping address, and that someone will be in touch with more details soon.

Definitely send DN an e-mail with your order number and info to make sure you're in their system.

No way of knowing if anything will come of it, but it doesn't hurt to be proactive.

anovos whatever.jpg

I have a ROTJ Luke hilt, and it's very shiny and clean, and I was looking up how to weather it, and people are making it film accurate by adding metal tape to it to cover up the holes, because that's what the prop did ... I don't want to add tape to it, that's janky.

So, now I'm struggling with whether I want a janky-looking accurate hilt, or a shiny, non-janky hilt. :unsure:
Well, as someone who likes to work on projects by hand, and since hero costumes seem to be well made usually and expensive - and I'd like to think prop artists WOULD do beautiful stuff, if they had the time (like the WETA LOTR and Hobbit swords have "real" versions $$$$$$$$) - I'd go for non-janky.

Srsly was a tiny bit bummed, seeing the paint brush marks and poor finishing on some of the "real" Stormtrooper helmets, or hearing about Stormtrooper armor that was just taped on. IMO making it look like the genuine prop isn't gonna make it into the real prop either$$$$$$$ so why not go with screen version which is what the average person expects to see? I mean, if I had a male or female hero costume on display, I wouldn't sweat stain the pits, just because the actor/actress was sweating bullets under the lights.

IMO a bit of weathering or shading as needed is plenty. Maybe add some LEDs depending on the prop.

I contacted DN about a Rogue one General Merrick helmet I preordered four years ago with BBTS.
CS told me that this item will be available early 2022,and that they will be contacting BBTS about fulfilling any Anovos preorders.
I am encouraged by the quick response,and hope it’s true.After four years,I can wait a few more months.

Interested to see what happens with all this. I have three ANOVOS helmets which I love and there were a number of other announced helmets that I was really looking forward to. Hopefully some of those will actually move forward now into production. I was especially excited about their new Deathtrooper with the light-up feature and had it on PO for over year at BBTS. Finally ended up emailing BBTS earlier this year and got it along with my Luke X-Wing helmet order cancelled including a refund of my NRDs, they were pretty understanding about the whole situation.

Back