NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got 2 Burke sets from BBTS today, took longer than expected which of course could mean only one thing - customs fees! Yay! Alas, I did a pretend order on ebay and it would have cost more that way so I guess I'm stuck with BBTS even though I'm now getting charged customs on orders that previously would have gotten through just fine.

Anyway, Burke looks great other than some paintwork mess on his shirt sleeves. The Alien looks cool only I won't be surprised if his legs are warped as usual due to the way they package them.

I love the fact that we have a Burke figure now. Excellent figure, and he stands out really well due to that outfit. Burke, Bishop and Newt - 3 of the ''boring, non-toyetic'' characters from Aliens. I really hope we can get Gorman. He might be considered the most boring alongside those but to me he'd be anything but.

I also want to say - this concept Alien Warrior with dome is a beauty. This is my new favourite paintjob for an Alien, at least of the ones I have. I hope the separate Ultimate figure release (the ''brown'' version) has a paintjob more like this than previous brown Warriors.

I've only opened one of my two sets so far but at the moment I'm quite happy about this. Leg might be a smidge warped but it's minimal compared to other Aliens I have. And his jaw is nice and straight and can open and close really well. A very nice Alien figure.

So, I'm a little behind the times, have there been anymore club announcments since Series 12 went up for sale? I was going to let my club status lapse as I didn't really want the wave at the time, but seeing as how it's still up for sale, I may pick it up, out of fear that the end of the year figure may end up being something really cool, and I'll kick myself for being contrary. It doesn't look like you have to buy the video game figures to stay in the club, and I'm hopeful that I wouldn't have to buy another wave of Kenner themed junk before the year was out either. Have I missed any announcements?

Edit to follow-up: Did you have to order Captain Cameron or whatever the hell it was to stay in the club? If so, looks like I've already screwed the pooch anyways, as he's sold out. Which is just as well, because I didn't want him either.

Forgot about Colonel Cameron. He was disappointing when we all thought they were gonna announce Gorman or Drake but after that disappointment faded....I kinda do want him.

So, I'm a little behind the times, have there been anymore club announcments since Series 12 went up for sale? I was going to let my club status lapse as I didn't really want the wave at the time, but seeing as how it's still up for sale, I may pick it up, out of fear that the end of the year figure may end up being something really cool, and I'll kick myself for being contrary. It doesn't look like you have to buy the video game figures to stay in the club, and I'm hopeful that I wouldn't have to buy another wave of Kenner themed junk before the year was out either. Have I missed any announcements?

Edit to follow-up: Did you have to order Captain Cameron or whatever the hell it was to stay in the club? If so, looks like I've already screwed the pooch anyways, as he's sold out. Which is just as well, because I didn't want him either.

I messaged the neca club and they confirmed the cameron figure is not required for the eoy figure. Randy has all but said the next kenner wave isn't hitting this year so unless something changes series 12 will be the last wave to meet the eoy figure requirements. Series 12 is a solid wave all around even if they are variants/rehashes, the 2 aliens are on the new deluxe body so they are improvements over the 2 pack releases.

Okay you guys got your stupid, overrated marines and Burke and Newt. Now let's go back to the original film and finish off the cast there okay, Randy? Randy?

As much as i would like to see more character debuts from Alien, the Marines from Aliens are what I'm hoping to get more of. Drake next year and hopefully Gorman will be next after that.

They're cool and all but there's only so much you can do with them, especially in terms of accessories. The marines on the other hand are the exact opposite. I'm hoping we see Drake and Gorman before NECA calls it quits.

They're cool and all but there's only so much you can do with them, especially in terms of accessories. The marines on the other hand are the exact opposite. I'm hoping we see Drake and Gorman before NECA calls it quits.
Don’t be a party pooper man. What we really need is Drake, Gorman with a pinch of Dietrich ;)

I messaged the neca club and they confirmed the cameron figure is not required for the eoy figure. Randy has all but said the next kenner wave isn't hitting this year so unless something changes series 12 will be the last wave to meet the eoy figure requirements. Series 12 is a solid wave all around even if they are variants/rehashes, the 2 aliens are on the new deluxe body so they are improvements over the 2 pack releases.

Awesome, thanks for the info, much appreciated!

I want marines AND Nostromo crew. Life won't be complete with Parker and Brett. I mean, Eaglemoss is making little die-cast figs, surely action figures could sell as well?

Basically, any movie accurate figure from the first two films, I'll buy 'em all. Not much interest in anything else, though there are a few exceptions here and there.

I want marines AND Nostromo crew. Life won't be complete with Parker and Brett. I mean, Eaglemoss is making little die-cast figs, surely action figures could sell as well?

Basically, any movie accurate figure from the first two films, I'll buy 'em all. Not much interest in anything else, though there are a few exceptions here and there.

What's the detail like on those eaglemoss figures? Does anyone have any of those?

I say bring on more marines and more nostromo crew! As long as they are from the films I want them. All depends on if Neca can secure those likeness rights. Honestly I don't mind waiting awhile, as long as we gradually get more of them as the line continues.

What's the detail like on those eaglemoss figures? Does anyone have any of those?

I've resisted picking them up so far, as for the price, they're kinda small and IMO chintzy. BUT, if this is the only way I can assemble a full Nostromo crew (other than the Titan minis, which I've got!) then I guess I'll have to bite the bullet.

Back