NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
guess who 008.jpgC4UKyv_UoAAhx3K.jpg I wonder if I should keep working on these / so "Murphy" can kick me in the #$@ again, and Neca will announce?

I know for some that this announcement is not a big deal ... but for hardcore Aliens fans this is insanely cool. I would never have thought that I would be able to purchase a Burke action figure this is so awesome.

Neca have been good to us on the Aliens front providing half of the human characters: Hicks, Hudson, Ripley, Newt, Vasquez, Frost, Bishop and now Burke, Carter J - some with variants. Greedily I would like them all fingers crossed for Drake, Apone, Gorman, Dietrich, Ferro and even Spunkmeyer, Crowe and everyone's favourite Wierzbowski will happen eventually. I would go in for even more variants if they get made!

I know for some that this announcement is not a big deal ... but for hardcore Aliens fans this is insanely cool. I would never have thought that I would be able to purchase a Burke action figure this is so awesome.

Neca have been good to us on the Aliens front providing half of the human characters: Hicks, Hudson, Ripley, Newt, Vasquez, Frost, Bishop and now Burke, Carter J - some with variants. Greedily I would like them all fingers crossed for Drake, Apone, Gorman, Dietrich, Ferro and even Spunkmeyer, Crowe and everyone's favourite Wierzbowski will happen eventually. I would go in for even more variants if they get made!

I wonder if they will do a Drake acid burnt face ..Ferro and Spunkmeyer would be awesome...loved her Helmet and shades :)

Funny how we get Burke before someone like Drake.

The way I see it is it only bodes well. If they front-end with all the most obvious choices then a character like Burke might never have gotten made because some people would drop out of the line once they get their favourites. From a sales perspective the line might seem like it's slowing down and in that scenario you aren't going to liven it up again with a figure of a guy in a checkered shirt. But Burke getting made now doesn't take away from the demand for a character like Drake in any way. So if you're smart, we can both come out of this as heroes and we will be set up for life.

Did not expect to see Burke, I figured NECA would choose to leave him out of the line.

The likeness looks spot on, as does the clothes. I'm torn on that xeno though. Adding a dome is a weird choice since we never see it in the movie, but I do like how it looks. I might get this set, we'll see. Depends on the price and the QC.

When NECA is finally pressed ad nauseam about te Drake figure....

"What if that figure didn't even exist? Did you think about that? I didn't know, so now if I make major spoiler hinting the release of it, everybody steps in and there's no exclusive likeness rights for anybody..."

I might just have to set up a ''These people are DEAD Burke!!'' scene. His sculpt works for that moment. But that would mean having to add another bomber jacket Ripley. :slap So many scenes....

edit - ah ***t, just noticed Bishop is now sold out pretty much everywhere. I only bought one of him back when he came out but could do with more for various scenes.

Last edited:
When NECA is finally pressed ad nauseam about te Drake figure....

"What if that figure didn't even exist? Did you think about that? I didn't know, so now if I make major spoiler hinting the release of it, everybody steps in and there's no exclusive likeness rights for anybody..."

:lol

That really made me laugh.

giphy.gif

The way I see it is it only bodes well. If they front-end with all the most obvious choices then a character like Burke might never have gotten made because some people would drop out of the line once they get their favourites. From a sales perspective the line might seem like it's slowing down and in that scenario you aren't going to liven it up again with a figure of a guy in a checkered shirt. But Burke getting made now doesn't take away from the demand for a character like Drake in any way. So if you're smart, we can both come out of this as heroes and we will be set up for life.
:lol

Wow! Didn't expect Burke to actually happen! Brilliant! :D

NECA-Burke.jpg

He looks great, they nailed that expression. I do share the sentiment of hoping for an alternate head though, seen a few people saying that. That scared one is just so specific to that one scene.

BurkeScared.jpg

I get that it probably has the more appeal for casuals though. Scared generic guy > plain generic guy.

And yeah, I can see how they can somewhat explain the Alien, if you know the behind the scenes stuff, but it's still feels a bit out of place. I'd of prefered a straight up Warrior, or an "extra slimey mouthed" warrior, but then they're already releasing them as ultimates so..

As has been said, it's a minor hit I'll gladly take for Burke. Alien might have use for customs, or might end up selling it off, which will be interesting, because I wonder how many Burkes will pop up, from less hardcore fans who will be doing the same thing in reverse.

And again to echo others, this makes me very hopeful for the other characters! :D

Precisely my thinking and LOL. Your crazy A-Dev, you know that?

:hi5: Glad you caught that

And yeah, I can see how they can somewhat explain the Alien, if you know the behind the scenes stuff, but it's still feels a bit out of place. I'd of prefered a straight up Warrior, or an "extra slimey mouthed" warrior, but then they're already releasing them as ultimates so..

As has been said, it's a minor hit I'll gladly take for Burke. Alien might have use for customs, or might end up selling it off, which will be interesting, because I wonder how many Burkes will pop up, from less hardcore fans who will be doing the same thing in reverse.

And again to echo others, this makes me very hopeful for the other characters! :D

The Alien is a good looking figure. Technically a standard Warrior would have been better for those of us who might be buying multiples of this set for Burke - it'd be another way to army build the on-screen warrior while getting a few Burkes for various scenes. But with them already releasing 2 colours of Ultimate Alien Warrior they had to do something slightly different with this set.

Precisely my thinking and LOL. Your crazy A-Dev, you know that?

Duuuudes! Loving this announcement! :)

Any figs from Aliens are instant purchases for me, this one is no exception!

Back