NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 349420

As thrilled as I am with the recent reveals, and I really am! Not wanting to sound ingrateful. The more I look at how excellent Vasquez's likeness is, the more I feel Ripley's is still lacking, which is a real shame. I think she's the weakest of the line.

I think it personally has something to do with Weaver. Since she held out for a while to give likeness rights, I'm sure she had some clause in that which gave her refusal/approval rights which forces them to retool it. I've always thought that most of the 'Ripley' figures from NECA don't look like her for the most part. Hell Newt looks more accurate than she does. In all of the NECA Aliens figures yes, Ripley is the one who looks least like Weaver. Maybe she doesn't want smaller more accurate looking versions of herself running around.

I think it personally has something to do with Weaver. Since she held out for a while to give likeness rights, I'm sure she had some clause in that which gave her refusal/approval rights which forces them to retool it. I've always thought that most of the 'Ripley' figures from NECA don't look like her for the most part. Hell Newt looks more accurate than she does. In all of the NECA Aliens figures yes, Ripley is the one who looks least like Weaver. Maybe she doesn't want smaller more accurate looking versions of herself running around.

Could be that. But then she let Alien Isolation have her likeness too, and that likeness is pretty good. Still not perfect, but as good as any in the game.

SigourneyAlienIsolation2-640x344.jpg

I'd personally want the best quality likeness if someone were depicting me.

Who knows.. I'm glad to have Ripley figures. The likenesses ain't bad, just not NECA's finest work.

Now that I think of it.. NECA have Alien Isolation rights. And Alien Isolation had the likenesses of everyone but Kane (John Hurt)..
Wonder if they could do the Nostromo crew if they wanted. Or at least, if the likenesses for them are still separate somehow, surely they can't be that difficult to get if the game got them.

alienisolationcrew.jpg

To be honest, in some cases, especially non-lead actors, I wouldn't be surprised if NECA could actually get the likenesses quite easily. Or even have them, but don't let on/pretend they can't, because they know they would sell well enough, mass market. Which is understandable, although I'd hoped that things like Alien Club might open the door to less mass market friendly items.

I wonder if we'll ever see a time again when there isn't such restraint because of the cost of new tooling. Probably not. But then, that's what 3D printers will be for! ;)

I wonder..
X-men_Does_it_ever_wake_you_up.jpg
Does it ever wake Randy in the middle of the night? The feeling that someday we will all have 3D printers, or something just like them, and just print our own figures?

It must be a future concern, for the whole industry.

Could be that. But then she let Alien Isolation have her likeness too, and that likeness is pretty good. Still not perfect, but as good as any in the game.

View attachment 349583

Who knows.. I'm glad to have Ripley figures. The likenesses ain't bad, just not NECA's finest work.

Now that I think of it.. NECA have Alien Isolation rights. And Alien Isolation had the likenesses of everyone but Kane (John Hurt)..
Wonder if they could do the Nostromo crew if they wanted. Or at least, if the likenesses for them are still separate somehow, surely they can't be that difficult to get if the game got them.

View attachment 349584

To be honest, in some cases, especially non-lead actors, I wouldn't be surprised if NECA could actually get the likenesses quite easily. Or even have them, but don't let on/pretend they can't, because they know they would sell well enough, mass market. Which is understandable, although I'd hoped that things like Alien Club might open the door to less mass market friendly items.

I wonder if we'll ever see a time again when there isn't such restraint because of the cost of new tooling. Probably not. But then, that's what 3D printers will be for! ;)

I wonder..
View attachment 349597
Does it ever wake Randy in the middle of the night? The feeling that someday we will all have 3D printers, or something just like them, and just print our own figures?

It must be a future concern, for the whole industry.

I think that getting the lesser known actors who played say Dietrich and Crow and Ferro for example would be easier, along with say the crew of the Betty from Alien Resurrection. Again though I think the thing that really stops NECA and Randy from going after them hard is that they are not a for sure fire seller in the mass market. Only completists or hardcore Alien film fans would buy them.

I do hope though we get at least Dietrich and Ferro. A dropship pilot and a medic would be cool to have on the team.

... Or at least, if the likenesses for them are still separate somehow, surely they can't be that difficult to get if the game got them.

If that were true, Al Matthews would have an Apone figure by now. Aliens Colonial Marines got him (both his likeness and his voice) for a tiny aspect of there multiplayer. It wasn't even the main game. There must be something simpler about video games for some reason. I can't imagine how gearbox/sega got him when NECA can't.
Apone_ACM.jpg
Perhaps legally, the products differ in that one is a "merchandising product" where the likeness must actually be acquired and the other can be paid off as a simple "appearence fee" in media?

Last edited:
I just realized being in the neca alien club I've paid for 2 exclusives (Vas kenner & sewage alien), wave 11, alien covenant wave & wave 12 and so far i've only received Vas as we approach July! I know that A:C being moved up threw a wrench in things but man that sucks!

Received the Queen reissue today - with a 31.57euro customs charge. I'm ****ing seething.

There seems to be a new practice with BBTS to overdeclare the value of the shipment and this is now the second time this has happened. The total value including shipping came under $150 and they declared on the form ''up to $200''.

Do I have any sort of case here? At the very least to get them to stop ****ing doing this in the future.

View attachment 349583

View attachment 349584

interesting idea about the game. Perhaps that's how we're seeing Lambert. IIRC Holm did give likeness but didn't do his voice but everyone else did their own voice for the game as well as likeness rights. If so, it'd be great to see Dallas, Ash, Parker and Brett come from NECA.

What could this mean?

NECA @NECA_TOYS
·
56m
Make room especially if you're an alien fan

Julio Diaz @JD_theworst
@NECA_TOYS I need to clean my shelf for the new up coming figures you guys have

Apparently we might be getting a look at whatever this Hadley's Hope thing is tomorrow.

I'm thinking it's a diorama piece in the same vein as AVP temple pillars. Other than that I don't know.

I just realized being in the neca alien club I've paid for 2 exclusives (Vas kenner & sewage alien), wave 11, alien covenant wave & wave 12 and so far i've only received Vas as we approach July! I know that A:C being moved up threw a wrench in things but man that sucks!

Same boat. Be a nice haul when it all arrives.

Received the Queen reissue today - with a 31.57euro customs charge. I'm ****ing seething.

There seems to be a new practice with BBTS to overdeclare the value of the shipment and this is now the second time this has happened. The total value including shipping came under $150 and they declared on the form ''up to $200''.

Do I have any sort of case here? At the very least to get them to stop ****ing doing this in the future.

Feel bad for you. Hate getting stung by customs. Curious though.. Queen is still available easily in UK. How come you didn't order more locally? Is that much cheaper from BBTS? Or did you have a load of other stuff ordered with them, that you could only get from them?

NECA @NECA_TOYS
·
56m
Make room especially if you're an alien fan

Julio Diaz @JD_theworst
@NECA_TOYS I need to clean my shelf for the new up coming figures you guys have
What could this mean?
Apparently we might be getting a look at whatever this Hadley's Hope thing is tomorrow.

I'm thinking it's a diorama piece in the same vein as AVP temple pillars. Other than that I don't know.

I wasn't fussed about those AVP pillars myself, but apparently they are doing well, so I'm pleased for what it could mean for that kind of product in general. As you say, hopefully we'll get some Aliens diorama pieces! :D

maybe it's a giant atmosphere processing plant!

9d5coxY.png

I would love that! Such a cool design. So iconic of Aliens. I tweeted a question at Randy a while ago, about whether they'd do a Cinemachine of it. No reply. Not surprised. Would be quite complicated to do. Would look so cool lit up. With a tiny APC driving toward it. #Dreams. :rolleyes:

Reminds me.. Hope we get the next set of Aliens cinemachines soon. Bit worried about that line. Although I noticed recently after-market prices/eBay prices have gone up quite considerably. I know they're meant to be showing some Blade Runner 2049 cinemachines at SDCC, so hopefully that'll kick start things again. I want the Sulaco bad. Only wish it was even bigger than cinemachine 6 inch, but I'll take what I can get.

Aliens-Cinemachines.jpg

Feel bad for you. Hate getting stung by customs. Curious though.. Queen is still available easily in UK. How come you didn't order more locally? Is that much cheaper from BBTS? Or did you have a load of other stuff ordered with them, that you could only get from them?

It's always been cheaper for me to order from the US than the UK due to exchange rates - assuming I don't get charged customs on the US order. I thought that was a safe assumption with the Queen. I don't think I was charged customs with the first release (gonna double check that now - I would have noted it down somewhere). I think this is a new thing with BBTS - if the box is any way big and the item is over 100 they put an insurance value of $200 on it, they round it up. Maybe they're constrained by the postal service to do this, I dunno. But the actual value was less than $150 including shipping cost. And $150 dollars converted to euro comes below the threshold for customs being added (150euro according to explanation on the docket). So I think it would have gotten through just fine if not for that damn $200 insurance declaration.

Last edited:
Well that sucks.
Can't you present an invoice or payment receipt in order to get a refund?

I dunno, maybe. If I truly have a case here then I would surely try it but I don't want to contact them and find out that I have some fundamental misunderstanding of how customs works.

Anyway, pissed off though I am about the extra charge, the Queen herself is once again magnificent. Turns out there's joints I didn't even realise she had which must be stuck on my 1st issue Queen.

I think my reissue has a cleaner paintjob and all the parts match up well. On my older Queen her tail is a slightly different shade to the rest of her and there are some areas where paint got where it shouldn't. This one also has more noticeable gold highlights on her skeletal structure, ribs, spines etc. I dunno if that's accurate? Looks nice though.

One of NECA's 'crowning' achievements all-in-all.

Anyway, pissed off though I am about the extra charge, the Queen herself is once again magnificent. Turns out there's joints I didn't even realise she had which must be stuck on my 1st issue Queen.

I think my reissue has a cleaner paintjob and all the parts match up well. On my older Queen her tail is a slightly different shade to the rest of her and there are some areas where paint got where it shouldn't. This one also has more noticeable gold highlights on her skeletal structure, ribs, spines etc. I dunno if that's accurate? Looks nice though.

One of NECA's 'crowning' achievements all-in-all.

Which makes me wonder how they are going to top it as Randy says they would. Maybe this upcoming reveal will do that ?

Back