NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I have been looking forward to this set as much as anything and those sentry guns, terminals and power packs are incredible. Would have loved a holster to go with the VP 70 like memyselfi mentioned but all in all this is an incredible set I never thought we would have got. I think we are also in for some more Aliens related surprises too based on Neca's teases so this could be another epic year for the Aliens line!

Yeah. Lots of "Fluff" we won't use/need while missing a dozen or more things we really could have used.
All that said: The sentry guns look amazing. If the pack contained only those I'd have no complaints.

Agree, but dont say that to loud........

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought initially the muzzle flash was going to be for rifle barrel.

IMHO with grenade launcher flash being made, thats a preview of OP's Vasquez accessories.

I'm thinking I'll buy at least 2 sets so I can have 4 sentry guns like in the movie but I'm guessing I'll get at least 3 just for the heck of it! I'm surprised but glad they put 2 sentry guns in the pack. What are you guys thinking price wise this set will go for or do I dare even ask in case Neca is watching - lol.

Dug out my old neca figures. First time since I moved house.

Forgot how cool they are.

And my custom painted 8th passanger
19b8c6432217ff1c1adec139d1dbdf5f.jpg
465d077d5a1d1b67eca4a03c0d8465b3.jpg
8226eefc7bb1f7e0c87c7a3b21020a2f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Series 12 is the next one after the Lambert wave, wow, I didn't realise it was that close. What are we guessing for that then? Dare we hope for Drake and...Wierzbowski is the other name I recall being mentioned. Or will they be alternate versions of characters we already have - which wouldn't make me entirely unhappy because I do want things like bomber jacket Ripley (done like the Alien 3 Ripley with switch-out arms), Sub Level03 Hudson with neutral face and Ops versions of Hicks and Vasquez. Presumably there'll be an obligatory creature in there aswell.

Seen Covenant! Woot! Lucky us in the UK!
I liked it. And we'll get some cool figures I think. Hopefully we do eventually get at least a few humans too.

Yeah. Lots of "Fluff" we won't use/need while missing a dozen or more things we really could have used.
All that said: The sentry guns look amazing. If the pack contained only those I'd have no complaints.

Yep. Worth the price for those alone. (Although I'm sure us here in the UK will be paying more again).

I like that NECA is trying with the effects pieces, but I so far only the smart gun piece does it for me, they nailed that. These momentary flashes are understandably very difficult to capture.

For the flamethrower, a blue igniter flame and/or a "restful" flame would be cool. Difficult to do well though. Being able to light these effects would be the best, but then we're talking fibre optics, and more the realm of customs than retail.

aliens-movie-screencaps.com-15224.jpg

The flame piece we get is better than nothing, but too short for me. I know it's a practical thing, weigh and size. It could be done with multiple pieces that fit together, but you would need a stand to hold it up.
This is a good recent example:
Star-Wars-TFA-Trooper-2-Pack-Koto-004.jpg

Another way you could go, would be a large diorama piece, a "flame wash" effect that could sit on top/balance on eggs, to recreate the scene below.

aliens-movie-screencaps.com-16064.jpg

This would be a perfect addition to a super deluxe queen hive diorama set. You could even have extra "egg topper" pieces for individual burning eggs.

IMHO with grenade launcher flash being made, thats a preview of OP's Vasquez accessories.

That's a nice thought. Vasquez represents a big investment in new sculpt, we've had the Kenner repaint, surely we will get an ops version too to get maximum use out of it.

I'm thinking I'll buy at least 2 sets so I can have 4 sentry guns like in the movie ...

I'm sure it's only two. "A" and "B" gun.

And my custom painted 8th passanger
8226eefc7bb1f7e0c87c7a3b21020a2f.jpg

Nice repaint.

I feel the Big Chap (2nd release) is perhaps the weakest figure in the collection now, mine at least feel very lackluster paintwise, starkly white dome (actually uneven on mine) and very plainly dark body. I know it's a creature of the shadows, but still.

I know also there is a boxed walmart reissue big chap, which I don't have. I heard the QC was questionable. I believe the paint was upgraded to match the 1/4 scale.

I've read on NECA's twitter that they do plan to do an upgraded version eventually, but not for quite a while. Biggest area of improvement would be the mouth imo, and of course the paint.

I've always liked this shot for the teeth/mouth. Like a sinister smile.

iU9r7Ah.gif

... Dare we hope for Drake and...Wierzbowski is the other name I recall being mentioned. Or will they be alternate versions of characters we already have - which wouldn't make me entirely unhappy because I do want things like bomber jacket Ripley (done like the Alien 3 Ripley with switch-out arms), Sub Level03 Hudson with neutral face and Ops versions of Hicks and Vasquez. Presumably there'll be an obligatory creature in there aswell.

Dare we hope indeed!

Like all of us I'm sure, I'd love more marines. But I think actually I'd love bomber jacket ripley even more.

Gorman, and Burke would also be fantastic. Gorman with alternate parts to switch between first deployment and bandaged head ops version would be perfect. If they put both heads in, I think I'd have to buy two, and display both ways. That's the trick of the ultimate line I think, you get the options, but collector's who want to display each option still buy multiples to display each, and at a higher price point.

We're probably due a blue warrior reissue too, for the 'obligatory' creature, the improved articulation one (first seen in the arcade version) I should think.

Epic post, and fantastic suggestions all^

That Kotoboyika flame effect is incredible! What scale is that? I'll buy one of those if it's compatible with the NECA stuff.

I snapped the leg off my blue warrior the other night. Since I'm going with multiple scene displays now I actually could do with more Warrior Aliens so I'd be OK with them simply reissuing them on an ongoing basis - preferably with some decent QC - new BD variants would also be cool.

Oh...***t yeah that's expensive, I see it on BBTS. Dammit, that's what a good flamethrower effect should look like. Failing that I would have liked just the blue ignition flame as per your suggestion.

I'm sure it's only two. "A" and "B" gun.

It was 4. A & B ran dry ("Man its wall to wall"...Thats it"..."the pressure door", etc).
C & D were the second scene when it mattered. Aliens retreated right as ammo ran out. "Next time all they have to do is knock" - 'Yeah but they don't know that'. I'm tempted to get 4 more myself.

I do love the 'pilot light' idea on the flame throwers. Gonna have to find me some clear blue plastic to melt I guess.

It was 4. A & B ran dry ("Man its wall to wall"...Thats it"..."the pressure door", etc).
C & D were the second scene when it mattered. Aliens retreated right as ammo ran out. "Next time all they have to do is knock" - 'Yeah but they don't know that'. I'm tempted to get 4 more myself.

I do love the 'pilot light' idea on the flame throwers. Gonna have to find me some clear blue plastic to melt I guess.
You could try John "Jin Saotome" Malamas's technique and form some hot glue into the appropriate shape.

Alien 3 was and should have been the end,but you know how that goes.Like it or not, what they do with the franchise becomes the REAL ALIEN story. Fox owns it. It's their story.

Alien 3 was crap. She miraculously defeats the creatures in the first two movies to just end up with one inside her so Sig doesn't have to play her anymore...LOL

If I had to guess, I think that series 12 might consist of- Blue Warrior re-release, Ops battle Vasquez, and either a new Marine or Jacket Ripley.

They might go the way they did with series 5, and have both blue and brown Warrior variants with 2 other figures making the wave a 4 figure assortment.

A single pack release of the warrior with an interchangeable "blown apart" head, removable acid splashes, and detachable limbs would be cool to get.

Alien 3 was crap. She miraculously defeats the creatures in the first two movies to just end up with one inside her so Sig doesn't have to play her anymore...LOL
The whole idea of there being an egg smuggled aboard the Sulaco, and then a facehugger gets loose, and then the facehugger somehow starts a fire that wrecks the whole ship to the point that the lifeboats are activated...

0ad.png

Back