NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...Randy kept saying he had a plan B, so it should come as no surprise we'll have a confirmation of it a few weeks after SDCC. I caved because I didn't like the uncertainty and the likelihood of having to pay for a 2-pack + shipping+ taxes which would probably be more than what i paid for the SDCC Newt, which a friend is doing me the favor of bring it with him when he gets back from the US next week so I won't have to pay shipping+taxes.

Also, I wish money was no problem to me but even then I wouldn't pay $1000 for a figure. I got Newt within the range I was willing to pay. Either way I buy "toys" to have fun with them, not store them so i can sell them later :D

Sent from my Moto E using Tapatalk

NECA ‏@NECA_TOYS 7m7 minutes ago

NECA Retweeted Save The Sperels

I can't say anything right now

NECA added,
Save The Sperels @SaveTheSperels
@NECA_TOYS Are you able to say yet whether this (presumed) re-release of Newt will include the Casey doll head & Hicks helmet accessories?
0 retweets 4 likes

He's pretty much saying that a reveal of the ' retail ' Newt is coming soon but they just have to iron out the details. I bet its going to be a store exclusive online so Randy won't have to worry about them not selling well enough at retail. As for the two pack idea ? Its been hinted at by most fans and speculated about for a while now, so that could also be how they are going to get Newt out.

...Randy kept saying he had a plan B, so it should come as no surprise we'll have a confirmation of it a few weeks after SDCC. I caved because I didn't like the uncertainty and the likelihood of having to pay for a 2-pack + shipping+ taxes which would probably be more than what i paid for the SDCC Newt, which a friend is doing me the favor of bring it with him when he gets back from the US next week so I won't have to pay shipping+taxes.

Also, I wish money was no problem to me but even then I wouldn't pay $1000 for a figure. I got Newt within the range I was willing to pay. Either way I buy "toys" to have fun with them, not store them so i can sell them later :D

Sent from my Moto E using Tapatalk

That's a good attitude to have with this hobby I think. Everything is in flux so often that you have be willing to pay what you can on the day and expect changes down the road to happen regardless.

...I'm missing your point indeed, but you seem to be talking money. I honestly don't care if my Newt is worth $20 or $100 to others so why I wouldn't open my Newt as soon as I got her? I get what your saying "from a collector's point of view," MIP figures are worth more, etc, etc., but you are missing my point: I don't care what I've paid for her (I would have preferred paying a lot less obviously) but what I care is that she'll be next to Ripley as it should. I paid the money to do exactly that, whether or not there's a cheaper option later on, and that's the value I care about. Cheers :)

Those of us promoting the "wait and see" are trying to point out that the expensive figure, if kept unopened, can be sold again and you can recoup your money. It has nothing to do with just having a valuable figure in your collection, because, obviously, you don't care about that. Unless Newt comes out with everything she had at SDCC, the exclusive should hold its value. If it doesn't and the value drops, then don't buy a second figure and open the exclusive. All you have lost is a little time. It seems that that is a major issue though so I'm not saying anything else.

:lol rjszar probably has a far better Terminator collection than me. I just have a lot of the same thing with minor changes and different pose choices whereas I get the impression his collection would be far more diverse.

Also my display conditions would disgust many people here. Cramped, hodgepodge and disorganised compared to others. Even though I've been saving a lot of money these days, investing in the proper display is still at least a few years away due to more pressing concerns.

Don't sell yourself short. Yes, I have a very diverse collection, including three lifesize, but I must admit, I am a little envious of the countless variations that you and P. have. I've got too many interests to go above six MMS136s or 238s.

i didn't mean T2 Sarah Connor, it was made and we all have some variant(s) of her.
it's the one in your signature.
well, i have these :pfft:

goliath-night-03.jpg~original

aerial-night-03.jpg~original

Well, I was trying to stick to the absolute minimum when it comes to NECA, because I know if I branch out I'll end up OCDing the line, and I want to avoid that. Newt is arguably my favourite character from Aliens (along with Ripley), so I was pretty keen to get one. If she does end up in a two-pack with Ripley I'll definitely grab one. Hopefully, she'll keep the Casey accessory, but, while cute, I can live without the helmet.

Well, I was trying to stick to the absolute minimum when it comes to NECA, because I know if I branch out I'll end up OCDing the line, and I want to avoid that. Newt is arguably my favourite character from Aliens (along with Ripley), so I was pretty keen to get one. If she does end up in a two-pack with Ripley I'll definitely grab one. Hopefully, she'll keep the Casey accessory, but, while cute, I can live without the helmet.

To buy or not to buy, I'm hovering on eBay wondering whether to pay the crazy price Newt is going for.

Back