NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a really cool thing Neca is doing but I wanted to get 3 of the stasis tubes alone so if everything comes in the set I guess I'll have to stick to one set and hope it gets repackaged later down the line which I'm doubtful will happen. Oh well, at least I can get one for the collection so that's cool.

Thanks... the baby queen in 1/4 scale?

...nope, it's in the '7" scale' of the regular line, but she is a lot bigger than it should. We'll just have to assume she's a couple hours old and has already grown

TF-2016-NECA-Aliens-014.jpg

I really don't understand why we're not getting a bambi-burster/dog burster in this set instead of a queen burster who never appeared that big. The size would have been much more appropriate for the bambi-burster, who actually did appear in the film.

I really don't understand why we're not getting a bambi-burster/dog burster in this set instead of a queen burster who never appeared that big. The size would have been much more appropriate for the bambi-burster, who actually did appear in the film.

Yes. The queen burster just lived so long until ripley hit the lava ground. Never became the chance to grow like this. A Xeno bambi would be better. But enough complain. The xenoburster looks amazing horrorfying. I like that one. So my last sentence to BIG CHAP

2custom.jpg
2customhoho.jpg

ddswiss-surrealist-h-r-giger-and-his-creation-e28093-alien-1979.jpg LOL!
Thats what i wanted!

The NEW NECA WARRIOR LOOKS SO AMAZING. I have the small warriors but this is soo....
i mean if i would buy this new warrior alien -->i can put the rest in the trashcan --> my custom warrior and my custom big chap
( yes mr. P. i could do it anyway in the trashcan :) )
Buy or not buy... thats the question.... i think its an question of the price. i would give 120 € . Maybe 150 €
The New Ripley looks sweet.

Just ordered 1/4 scale Big chap from BigBadtoystore . Anyone else order from them ? Any idea which version there pushing out ?

I cringe every time I walk into my local TRU and see the Amandas sitting there. I think, "That jerk Randy is going to say 'I told you so'".
The creatures didn't last a day, but the Amandas are sitting there several weeks later.

However, instead of seeing this as proof that humans dont sell, I see this as stone cold proof they need BETTER humans. Give us the beloved characters, and they will sell. Keep taking half measures with generic-offshoots and you will have pegwarmers that end up killing the line.
Or pulling stunts like making collectors buy the same figures twice just to get them with helmets (and making the helmets sit at a funny angle, and giving the new releases screaming headsculpts, which seems to turn a lot of people off). Also, as far as Amanda goes, I think she may be suffering from the historically poorer sales-record of female action figures versus their male counterparts, in addition to being relatively lesser-known versus the movie characters.

Also, just because I want to, let's recap all the accuracy issues with NECA's Marines:

In general...

-Boots are brown, where they should be green/black

-Pulse rifles, lamp-packs and motion trackers are green, rather than brown

-Hand-welders are on webbed straps, rather than cords

...and for Hudson:

-Hudson's helmet cover is in the wrong camo pattern

-Hudson's helmet-graffiti is out of scale

-Hudson's armour is missing acid-damage on the back of the cuirass

-Hudson's right hand is missing the bandages on his fingers

-Hudson's sweat band is the wrong colour and texture

-Hudson's leather necklace is missing

-Hudson's knife and sheathe are green when they should be black

...and Hicks:

-Hicks's helmet has raised bolts on the front armour-plate

-Hicks's helmet chin-straps are hanging loose when they should be tucked into his helmet-band

-Hicks has two pouches on his belt when he should have only one

-Hicks's armour is missing the "Non-Toxic" graffiti above his groin plate

She's Ripley's daughter. The game serves to fill in some story during the 50 years Lt. Ripley is just floating through space. ISOLATION was proof that they could make a Good ALIEN game.
More like a testament to the power of wishful thinking. Everyone wanted to believe it was a good game so hard they ignored the technical problems and the fact that the story basically undermines the plots of both Alien and Aliens.

More like a testament to the power of wishful thinking. Everyone wanted to believe it was a good game so hard they ignored the technical problems and the fact that the story basically undermines the plots of both Alien and Aliens.
It was a really good game with some flaws, which every game ever made has, just because you may not like it doesn't make it a bad game.

Also I dont think the casual public that buys the aliens over the marines care about the accuracy issues of either... there are accuracy issues with the Aliens as well doesnt mean people arent buying them.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

The Neca Chestburster looks similar to the Halycon kit. Which was based on a puppet made for Alien 3. Its not an older queen either. In this video you can see the nasty little beast.

The fetal queen is the stage most are familiar with. That’s the one that appears on the posters, has the statues and showed up on the scan.

Thank you P. for the explanation. That's thruth that if you make it like this you can appreciate some diferences, but you know? For me they are not enough to say that it is not accurated. In the movie we can,t see the alien as clear as in your photo. Even if I think in the movie I can not remember all of these details because is too dark..and frankly I prefer because it brings more mistery to the creature that actually looks more terrifying.

These differences that you marked, you can find them in the alien cinemaquette or the big chap maquette or the gigger's alien bust as well and actually they are great representations from the big chap...we also can see some differences with the original design. What I want to mean is that the perfect figure doesn't exist but the most important thing for me is what a figure makes you feel and the new Alien 1/4 makes me feel that I am in front of a real alien:)

:clap :exactly: :lecture :exactly: :clap

The arms and legs look too big on the Queen. Here's a pic of a Halcyon I did a while back. Much better proportions.

I agree and great work on the kit :clap The limbs are still too large but are in a better position in the unpainted shot and it doesn’t look that bad at all. The toy fair photos make it look very awkward.

CbWpm0XW8AAoxQw.jpg large.jpg

It looks great but now that someone mentioned it, yeah, kinda strange that they'd include a young Queen that we never saw (at that level of growth) instead of the bambi-burster.

I still think we will see Bambi. Not sure what they could release it with now though? It is bigger than other Chestbursters but I don’t think its big enough to be released on its own. Packaging it in with the actual dog would be pretty messed up.

...just because you may not like it doesn't make it a bad game.
Conversely, just because you like it does not make it "a really good game".

Also I dont think the casual public that buys the aliens over the marines care about the accuracy issues of either... there are accuracy issues with the Aliens as well doesnt mean people arent buying them.
No, but NECA does get talked up a lot as being fanatically devoted to detail, in my experience. It's really strange, at the very least, that they'd get a good enough look at Hudson's helmet to reproduce all the graffiti on the cover but still go ahead and paint it in the camo pattern of the armour, rather than the BDUs, or paint the Marines' jungle boots brown. It's like Sting having a brown scabbard and fittings in the Lord of the Rings movies, when the book describes them as being black. Did they just decide that they looked better that way, fidelity be damned?

Conversely, just because you like it does not make it "a really good game".

I actually dont like the game that much, but ill admit thats because im not a fan of survival horror/modern games in general. I still think the game is well made though, but not my favorite alien game.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Alien isolation is probably one of the best games I've played Ina long while. Totally captured the alien feel in my opinion.

Alien isolation is probably one of the best games I've played Ina long while. Totally captured the alien feel in my opinion.

Totally agree. Some of my best hours spend on gaming are with Alien Isolation. Love the fact that it's based on the Alien concept instead of Aliens.

Totally agree. Some of my best hours spend on gaming are with Alien Isolation. Love the fact that it's based on the Alien concept instead of Aliens.

Also love the fact it took me a loooooong time to finish it, therefore making me feel like I actually got more of what I wanted, rather than a 6 hour experience.

Back