NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered 1/4 scale Big chap from BigBadtoystore . Anyone else order from them ? Any idea which version there pushing out ?

I got mine from them and I received the pulled back lips version. Not sure how they decide which to send. Glad I got that one though, as that is the one I wanted.

What an asinine release method.

Why are the customers being forced to play russian roulette with their purchase.

How hard would've it had been to allow the customers to choose version 1 or 2.

Such an anti consumer ideology on Neca's part.

If you're going to release 2 versions then give your customers access to both during their item shopping.

I know, such a hard concept to comprehend.

Last edited:
I honestly couldn't care less about the plot holes in isolation. Alien 3 has about as much plot holes as the game and even Aliens has some plot holes. They dont really ruin the overall experience of the game and I think biggest flaw of the game is the pacing in the second half.
As long as we're agreed then that Isolation is an utter farrago that people enjoy for entirely subjective reasons. :wink1:

I wonder will it be the same with the 1:4 Warrior - brown or blue....like the great Hoth Han debate.

I read it will be only the blue one for the initial release.
The dog alien in the Alien 3 wave will be available 50:50 brown and gray.

Randy has also hinted about an Alien/Predator two pack including the Grid Alien and a battle damaged Celtic.

Also, the next Aliens and Predator waves are back up on TRU for preorder. The Neca Amazon and Ebay stores have the new wave of aliens in stock.

Although I pre ordered the Alien 3 wave I am not sure if I really want to get all of the Isolation wave. I'm narrowing it down I think to just getting Jumpsuit Amanda and the Alien himself. After that if I can find the compression suit version cheaper elsewhere I'll bite but otherwise I can live without that variant.

I was thinking about something. I know an in scale Sulaco would be completely out of the picture for the NECA figures since, well, it'd be too damn big and too damn expensive. But what if they did it in sections like diorama pieces, with the outer facing side being the hull of the Sulaco while on the other side would be a room like diorama set piece ? And then you can join them all up so when you flip them around to face the hull outwards you would get the hull with Sulaco spelt on it facing out.

You could have one diorama be a cryotube area, another being a small command post area and another being a locker room / weapon storage area and so on and so on. Space them out every few months to make it cost effective AND maybe once in a while include an exclusive Alien or Marine.

Thank gods NECA dont read these boards or I might give them too many expensive ideas lol

Dunno 'bout that, I saw Tankman logged in yesterday. That's Kyle Windrix. He doesn't post anymore because we know who he is and he'd be inundated with a barrage of questions he'd be murdered for answering :lol But there's some lurking that goes on....

Last edited:
Two of the same backtubes riblets? thats bad. If you dont want to send it back u could use a warm haidryer to fit it in to the form. But be carefull it realy can melt down the alien if you take too long. Maybe that will work. But i dont know wich shape is double. Its like an puzzle.

Alien Isolation is my favourite Game. I have it for Xbox and for pc . I downloaded the silent alien mod to see how it would be, when you cant hear the alien coming. Its difficult. Okay i downloaded the silent player mod to. So i can run trough the station.
But i like to enjoy another story from the alien universe. Isolation has plot holes and was not perfekt but good enought to entertain me. Aliens CM Stasis interuptes was an realy good explanation for the interupted stasis. I enjoy it really. More then the maingame. This story was dumb.

NEC12810.jpg
At Big Bad Toy Store for 269 $
Aliens 7" Figure Series 08 Alien 3 - Case of 14 - Alien Figures

I have no dog alien .. im not sure if i would buy one.Its the only missing part of my neca alien collection.
Now weve got 2 of them? Just one with grey color? mmmh... look at the tail blade of the grey ones. It is bowed like an banana.

Dunno 'bout that, I saw Tankman logged in yesterday. That's Kyle Windrix. He doesn't post enymore because we know who he is and he'd be inundated with a barrage of questions he'd be murdered for answering :lol But there's some lurking that goes on....
Speaking of... can someone ask NECA on Twitter if any of the upcoming Marines will have helmets? I've tried, but don't seem to be able to post there any more for reasons I have yet to determine.

I received in today the 79 concept figure from the brand new Series 7. Overall it's a great looking figure. Same as the previous released Big Chap besides the translucent parts and the overall different paint job. I dig it and especially love the head and how the details pop out more on this version than the standard. The standard just seems washed out with the gloss black paint job. My dome did come with a couple of marks but nothing too big and it's a little stiff on the joints. I have a review below I made. Enjoy!

Ryan

38f9f4d542a8ff0b5ed209a265315174.jpg

Very cool - thanks! It reminds me of the drone in the Aliens book that was responsible for the making the coccoon's for victims and the nest for the Aliens. If I remember right there were albino and produced the slime to create everything. Of course it was never in the movie but I was thinking about getting a couple of these, removing the dome and having these for "slimers" based on the actual book.

I received in today the 79 concept figure from the brand new Series 7. Overall it's a great looking figure. Same as the previous released Big Chap besides the translucent parts and the overall different paint job. I dig it and especially love the head and how the details pop out more on this version than the standard. The standard just seems washed out with the gloss black paint job. My dome did come with a couple of marks but nothing too big and it's a little stiff on the joints. I have a review below I made. Enjoy!

Ryan

38f9f4d542a8ff0b5ed209a265315174.jpg

I got the Grid and warrior that I ordered from Neca Ebay today and I'm very impressed. The articulation is great especially in the hands and feet, there are a lot of extra details into these 2 figures that I hope they use in future Aliens. The good news is neither figure had wonky legs, the design is sleek but sturdy and the larger tail really helps to support the figure.

Do you have the avp warrior and grid?

I got the Grid and warrior that I ordered from Neca Ebay today and I'm very impressed. The articulation is great especially in the hands and feet, there are a lot of extra details into these 2 figures that I hope they use in future Aliens. The good news is neither figure had wonky legs, the design is sleek but sturdy and the larger tail really helps to support the figure.
Gotta post pics!!

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Here's a couple quick pics of the warrior and grid squaring off against the pred trio. Again, I was very pleased with these two, they feel much sleeker than other aliens but I feel totally confident when holding them and I really like the improvement Neca made on the ankles, mid foot articulation as well as the hands and mid hand articulation. The dome on the regular warrior is awesome with the details and skull underneath looking similar to the dog alien, the dome on the grid is nice too with the edged grid lines in the dome and shoulders but the skull underneath really isn't visible like the regular warrior is. . Hopefully they hold up over time.

Attachments

• 0211161919.jpg
    0211161919.jpg
    834.1 KB · Views: 164
  • 0218162001.jpg
    0218162001.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 165
Last edited:
The clear Alien was an attempt by Andrew Ainsworth (the man responsible for fabricating the stormtroopers in Star Wars). They never could get the skin right after sinking thousands into the process. Giger thought he was a moron.

Back