NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nope, i like the movie head, there are lots of photos of Bolaji in his suit, and overall shape mistake in all forward half is absolutely visible on Neca variant. the silhouette, the shapes, the sizes and the places of details are all wrong.
Would you care to provide some evidence of these inaccuracies?

I'm sorry but I totally disagree. The new Big chap from Neca is for me the best representation of Alien by far. It's just how I feel this figure...looking at it inside its box on my desk...it just feels Alien 100%! I don't know about shapes, proportions...it's just ALIEN.

I can see it when looking at it. I know that materials are not the best ones but it's just the sculpt it has. For me, Just perfect. I have the snarling version.

My first Alien figure was the medicom Alien, after that the alien big chap LSB from sideshow and finally I get neca's one...

I was waiting for a good representation of the creature to accompany the bust. I doubted between resine or pvc but the way it looks the neca's figure, made me decide to go for it! Better for me than the new sideshow statue (internecivus...). Now, I'm waiting for the rest of the family, the Alien warrior and the Alien dog and I'm sure they will be the best representation of the alien 3 variants.

May be others have different opinions than me, but I don't care because I have just what I want.

New kotobukiya figures look nice but too small for me and too static. I really like the 30 points of articulation of my Alien, if never I get bored about my colletion I simply will change the pose of my figures and..voilà:)

Would you care to provide some evidence of these inaccuracies?
these are two different creatures in front head area. all the shapes of a "face" are different, everything about the skull and its parts - forehead, jaw, mouth, nose, cheeks and so on. if they were people, nobody would say they even look alike, and definitely wouldn't say that's the same creature. they just have different head shapes and different faces.
opening the Neca's mouth won't help, because a) it will move the silhouette and shapes even further, and b) original alien's mouth is already opened.

01_zpssfwl2qoq.jpg~original

02_zpsa1jgvhrn.jpg~original

03_zpsinj05pu8.jpg~original

for example, this is a "perfect copy" from Neca - toy versus movie, toy looks like sculpted from that very screenshot.

facetofacetmnt_zps8mlszzqv.jpg~original

and that "alien" is as random as tsang creatures.

when other points of view are compared, other differences are seen, the main thing is that alien head widens in its center strongly and toy's head almost doesn't change its width, the forehead part is too small, throat is ridiculous, mouth looks like a bat and so on.

these are two different creatures in front head area. all the shapes of a "face" are different, everything about the skull and its parts - forehead, jaw, mouth, nose, cheeks and so on. if they were people, nobody would say they even look alike, and definitely wouldn't say that's the same creature. they just have different head shapes and different faces.
opening the Neca's mouth won't help, because a) it will move the silhouette and shapes even further, and b) original alien's mouth is already opened.

for example, this is a "perfect copy" from Neca - toy versus movie, toy looks like sculpted from that very screenshot.

when other points of view are compared, other differences are seen, the main thing is that alien head widens in its center strongly and toy's head almost doesn't change its width, the forehead part is too small, throat is ridiculous, mouth looks like a bat and so on.

Thank you P. for the explanation. That's thruth that if you make it like this you can appreciate some diferences, but you know? For me they are not enough to say that it is not accurated. In the movie we can,t see the alien as clear as in your photo. Even if I think in the movie I can not remember all of these details because is too dark..and frankly I prefer because it brings more mistery to the creature that actually looks more terrifying.

These differences that you marked, you can find them in the alien cinemaquette or the big chap maquette or the gigger's alien bust as well and actually they are great representations from the big chap...we also can see some differences with the original design. What I want to mean is that the perfect figure doesn't exist but the most important thing for me is what a figure makes you feel and the new Alien 1/4 makes me feel that I am in front of a real alien:)

Isn't the head of the new 1/4 scale big chap based on the Rambaldi head though, and not the Giger head (going by the design of the lips) you're using as reference? If that's not the Giger head, I apologize.

I need to see the transposed outline effect on the Ramboldi head to buy any of the "random as Tsang" talk. I wouldn't say it's apples to oranges, but at minimum your are comparing red delicious to fuji apples.

I don't know for sure that it will fair better on the Ramboldi, but clearly the figure is the Ramboldi head. It isn't a fair test to judge against the non moving one.

same comparison can be made to any of movie heads. my favourite is the one approaching Lambert. and it looks like what i'm comparing Neca to.
Neca will always be out of shape and proportions and will always have that thin backhead, angry massive face with a deadlock beak and straight head instead of bent and thickened in the middle.
but the worst thing is that it is ugly :)
no saying "this is a copy of a movie head" will ever change that it's so far off that it's ugliest to date.

same comparison can be made to any of movie heads. my favourite is the one approaching Lambert. and it looks like what i'm comparing Neca to.
Neca will always be out of shape and proportions and will always have that thin backhead, angry massive face with a deadlock beak and straight head instead of bent and thickened in the middle.
no saying "this is a copy of a movie head" will ever change that it's so far off that it's ugliest to date.

That's far for me to be the ugliest to date....:wink1:

View attachment 246110

(Sorry i can't remind who posted this picuture before..)

Most accurated version? Medicom's one. I have them both and I like both of them too:)

View attachment 246111

But now the concept of "accuracy" has disappeared from the argument in favor of what is deemed ugly and the version you prefer.

I'm not trying to convince you its good or that you specifically should appreciate it, all I'm saying is to question the 'accuracy' you need to compare it to the specific subject it was modeled after.

It may well be the most accurate ramboldi head ever sculpted AND be too ugly to want to own. No reason it can't be both :wink1:

Honestly no one will accurately replicate the Giger design perfectly. Once you make something you can never 100% replicate it to the original design because it is it's own thing but I do see where P is coming from. I do not own the new 1/4 since I try and stick with the little 7 inch scale figures but it does look nice for what it is and the little version of it looks great to me. Not everyone will be pleased by a release and that's the beholders opinion on it.

That is again not the same suit that the Neca figure is based off of. Like it or hate it the Neca figure is based purely off of the rambaldi head. You hardly ever see that prop head in the movie.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

that's so typical for kids here - when they don't know what to say, they just cry "i hate ya" :lol
you're right. of the figures that weren't intended to be a joke or stylization, original HT is the worst. i forgot it because i never had original HT alien and got it with already strongly reshaped head.
but this one is certainly the second :) it was ok while it was small and could hide its shape mistakes due to size, but the big one looks like some rude restyle of A1.
nope, i like the movie head, there are lots of photos of Bolaji in his suit, and overall shape mistake in all forward half is absolutely visible on Neca variant. the silhouette, the shapes, the sizes and the places of details are all wrong.

You think too highly of yourself... I feel absolutely no hatred towards you, but I do admit your constant presence in a thread of a figure you've already criticised ad nauseam, don't own and don't intend to own, is annoying.

You bring absolutely nothing of interest to the discussion and insist on bringing up the same old arguments that have been debunked before.
Many fellow posters have already pointed out to you (with pretty pictures even) that the NECA figure is based on Rambaldi's mechanised head, which has many differences in shape, size and detailing to the stunt heads and the Giger sculpture, yet you insist on posting comparison shots with the stunt head. If that isn't childish behaviour, well, then yeah, I must be the kid in this conversation...

I've seen many collectors criticise or favor one figure over others, but your constant tirade gets old.
I don't like HT's figure, but unless somebody asks for a recommendation on Alien figures, I refrain from posting about it. I made my views clear and tried to dissuade HT from going forward with that sculpt to no avail, so I've moved on. I disliked the final production piece of the Bandai alien, said as much and then just left people to enjoy their figure. No need to keep going back to criticise the damn thing.

The NECA figure is what it is, it's not going to change.

However, this is their second sculpting of this figure (third if you consider the different lips on the smaller figure), and it is selling pretty well, so there's always hope they'll do another one. So why not make your obsession useful and start a petition thread with lots of reference pics of the statue/stunt head and ask NECA to make that version? Hell, I'd even chime in and support the petition, as I'd love to see NECA do that one as well.

Just ordered the Alien 3 wave and the 1:4 Warrior from BBTS.

Reckon I'll probably buy another Ripley to display both looks.

Seems the Dog Alien will be a lottery. They aren't selling both colour variants in each case, just one, either/or.

I see the same Alien. Not much wrong with it as far as figures go. The Medicom one looks wrong from the front. I just got it and it's a blast to own. Now the warrior, the dog and the resurrection Alien in 1/4 and I am one happy Neca fan.

Just ordered the Alien 3 wave and the 1:4 Warrior from BBTS.

Reckon I'll probably buy another Ripley to display both looks.

Seems the Dog Alien will be a lottery. They aren't selling both colour variants in each case, just one, either/or.
...dagnamit, I don't see single figures on preorder, only the whole set or a case. I want Ripley and two WY commandos, and though I love the Dog Alien I don't need another one

Sent from my Moto E using Tapatalk

I ordered the case from BBTS. I will have to track down the variant color if I don't get the grayish color I want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see the same Alien. Not much wrong with it as far as figures go. The Medicom one looks wrong from the front. I just got it and it's a blast to own. Now the warrior, the dog and the resurrection Alien in 1/4 and I am one happy Neca fan.

:clap First off, YES to 1/4 versions of the beast in all its shapes. Don't forget the Isolation Version! Love to see those wicked haunches...

Second, WHY couldn't paint variation be an excuse for re-releases? Remove the lips from Giger's Xenomorph (even though I love them, they've had plenty of complaints) and paint it glossy black. Then they'd have to make other sculpting changes to the head anyway.
Plus the ALIENS Warrior could stand for a Brown release! I understand why every company goes with the blue paint, but you can see the brown colors in the film as well.

Back