NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work. Looks great

thx. if u mean me ^^

Any idea what i can do with the ugly old version? i never thought that the these can be so ugly and deformed.
He needs an complete new teeth sculpt but i have no stuff or handling for that . :wave

Any idea what i can do with the ugly old version?
200_s.gif

and the new version too
until Kyle Windrix understands what A1 looks like.

200_s.gif

and the new version too
until Kyle Windrix understands what A1 looks like.

Padme.jpg
You`re breaking my heart!

XD Come on he did the best job on the market. I mean there is no better version at the moment?
Yes Hot Toys Version. Mhhh....but realy expensive and nice strechable membran

https://www.actionfigurefury.com/wp...dary-Scale-Bust-Sideshow-Collectibles-005.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC4jbPl_Dvs

looks very good but not movie like...more square enix stuff. you know what i mean

thx. if u mean me ^^

Any idea what i can do with the ugly old version? i never thought that the these can be so ugly and deformed.
He needs an complete new teeth sculpt but i have no stuff or handling for that . :wave

Send it to me

I wonder, are you being purposefully insulting, or are you just dense?
Both made their customised aliens, with varying degrees of skill, no need to put one down.
i should put an original toy photo there of course! because that's what i meant. a close-up photo of the head just was there conveniently and i didn't read that it was already customized.
i am sorry and will fix it now with another randomly chosen photo that seems to be an untouched figure.

attachment.php

VS.png

attachment.php

Soo its me again. :) Im not finish yet with my figure. I think theres alot of work to put on it to make it look realy good/ movie like.

That mouth scene from the Alien Movie ... i love it so. Thats what my alien should look like. Im working on the mouth the next days.
They never come close to that nice mouth not even in alien isolation. And necas big chap looks like the "making of alien" but you havent seen it like that in the movie. they had different versions. A suit for action and a headsculpt for closer mouth scene.

olien.jpg

Here can you see big chaps head is translucent

giger.jpg

but i remember it in the movie in white silver chrome and black
is it the light? how could i do it on my figure.

alien-movie.jpg

that look they try to make with the first big chap 22" i see it at the teeth

Bit the bullet and ordered the 1/4 scale Alien. I hope I get the version with the lips snarled but if I don't whatever. Still a great looking figure! Also I have no idea where I am going to put him...

Pretty sure they originally did all that work in the hopes of getting likeness approval for Apone... but when that fell through, they used the parts for Windrix instead. Kinda like making lemons from lemonade. Since the likeness rights didn't happen, take those new body parts they had ready to go and apply them to a good cause.
Given the expense of tooling up new moulds, it seems unlikely NECA would be willing to spend all that money unless they they actually had the likeness rights, but I guess we'll find out for certain eventually.

...yes, but how many people would buy a fake marine?
:lol

This is a fake Marine:

50-Cent-Marine-Corps-Gunnery-Sergeant-or-Naval-Officer.jpeg

I wouldn't, and I'm not sure how many will apart from those who want an army
We'll never know till they try... :wink1:

...and don't discount the army-builders, either.

I dunno, not a line I follow (but did as a child in the 80s, just didn't keep that one going)

I think there can certainly be over-saturation with main characters though. You see it with Star Wars aswell, ****ing Darth Vaders out the wazoo, even kids only need so many of him. I do feel it can choke a line to death when you see nothing but rows and rows of the same damn character on the shelf. There must be a happy medium or, if there isn't one to be had, then the line needs to take a break I suppose. I hope we're not there yet with the Alien and Terminator franchises.
Well, call me crazy, but I do think that there's a bias against the Marines on NECA's part. I love what we've got thus far (even if I've had to chop up multiple figures and glue them back together to fix some of the design choices NECA's made), but it does seem rather like the USCM figures are getting treated as an afterthought. I mean, they didn't even bother to get the camouflage pattern on Hudson's helmet screen-accurate, to mention only the most obvious example of sloppiness on their part. VLAGAS also noted up-thread that they apparently stated that they wouldn't make the Sentry Guns because they only appear in the extended version of Aliens, but at the same time, they're releasing a concept version of the original 1979 alien that never appeared in any cut of the film and which only the most hardcore fans have ever heard of (not that I'm complaining; that's probably my favourite "look" for Giger's monster), and taking what must be quite a gamble on retooling the huge and expensive Alien Queen to represent a version from a comic book that's probably just as obscure, if not more so, than the Sentries themselves.

I know I'm probably going to sound like one of those fedora-wearing neckbeards making a stink about a perceived lack of Black Widow or Rey action figures, but I'd like to think that an "Ultimate" Colonial Marine would sell as well as anything else (I'll freely admit to this being my personal Holy Grail for this line). Something like the following:

-Generic young(ish) military-looking headsculpt

-Helmet that doesn't perch atop the head like some kind of bird's nest

-Alternate helmet with extended IR monocle

-Unmarked armour with a full set of grenades in all the loops (something like "Smith" or "Jones" stenciled on under the collar)

-Knife with sheathe

-VP70 with holster

-Pulse Rifle

-Incinerator

-Ammo Bag

-Medic Bag

-Shoulder Lamp

-Motion tracker

-Extra hands

...and as long as I'm dreaming, I'd like a full set of USCM M3 armour from Terry English... :rolleyes2

Went to a local convention today and got a snarling one. I was so focused on making sure that the head looked ok that I didn't notice it's calf had popped loose! I didn't even know they did that.
image.jpg

Given the expense of tooling up new moulds, it seems unlikely NECA would be willing to spend all that money unless they they actually had the likeness rights, but I guess we'll find out for certain eventually.

Someone on here probably asked the question but yesterday NECA was asked:

"ok we need sgt Apone with cigar. The best character in the series. I've been waiting for many years and i want to see in 2016"

NECA: "no likeness rights for actor"

-Again this makes it seem like a definate "no". but the thing is we already know that they don't have the likeness rights from their original licence, we just want to know if they are pursuing to get them from the Talent themselves - in this case Al Matthews.

You can argue that they didn't have Sigourney Weavers likeness and yet we now have multiple Ripley's, which means they will Acquire likeness rights they don't have. - But that's not exactly true.

The only reason we got a Ripley from NECA is because: "Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products has teamed up with more than a dozen companies to bring new Alien products to the fans". When NECA got the go ahead to do a Ripley, so did 10 other companies.

Read more here: Alien 35th Anniversary Plans Include Ripley Action Figure, New Collectibles, Video Game - Daily Dead

So what i'm trying to say which is sort of contradicting myself is that NECA so far haven't acquired a single new Likness. Everyone they've done so far they have already had the likeness to or in Ripley's case were later (from what I understand) given it.

So maybe when they say "no likeness rights for actor", that really means "not happening".

That would rule out so many great characters from the movie: Vasquez, Drake, Apone, Newt etc.

But to be honest acquiring new likenesses mainly relies on two things: The talent doesn't ask for too much / gives a fair price and if NECA thinks it would sell well. As simple as that - don't know why I went on this whole rant now.:gah:

to bad that you dont like my selfmade custom alien.
maybe you dont like this idea too.
IMG_20160131_111659_2.jpg
IMG_20160131_111713.jpg
i removed the dome. Now i can try to make an alienwarrior with the old big chap :p
when im finish i can put it in the trashcan and burn it ...and then i can send the ashes to you if you want.

I really want to get a second 1/4 scale, specifically the snarling lips version. The problem I have is that it's really a crap-shoot if you order online. You don't know which version you'll get, and then there's the QC issues. It took me three attempts to get one with hardly any QC issues (there's a glue spot on the right hand side of the dome, and it's not quite flush with head). What to do?

Back