NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...yes, but how many people would buy a fake marine? I wouldn't, and I'm not sure how many will apart from those who want an army

If he looked like Apone in terms of gear and weapons and we knew they couldn't get the likeness rights to Al Matthews I absolutely would. Just as long as they don't pull one on us and not give him a helmet(even then I'd still get it and use an extra helmet from Hicks). Don't get me wrong I'd like a movie accurate figure but if not.....

...I've read that "limitation" on the use of Ripley likeness as a way to avoid telling it straight that Ripley 8 will indeed happen. Don't think they are really limited, but instead trying to avoid many variations of the same character.

If they just made Vasquez I'd be happy, as she's one those marines that nearly made it to the end and is a great character anyway.

I wonder what will be the one figure from series 9 they might show at Toy Fair?

Sent from my Moto E using Tapatalk

This is the first I’ve heard of limitations. Every time they make a new version it needs to be approved but I haven’t read anything about them being limited to what they can make.

A conversation popped up on Twitter about making a Detective Shaefer from the comics. The figure being a variant would have a Arnold Schwarzenegger head sculpt.

Neca Replied. “probably not, most would not know what it is and we would need AS to approve it. more trouble than its worth “

Going off of that I’m guessing it is a similar deal with Sigourney Weaver and people aren’t knocking down the door for a Resurrection Ripley yet.

Alien colour.jpg

Another pic of the 22" Big Chap. Absolutely amazing sculpt

Should probably be clarified though that that is a custom^ repainted, mouth altered etc

im realy envious. mines dont look so nice. this is a beautyful paintshop on it. Maby i will try an custom paint on the old bigh chap , hes the ugliest one.

That looks great man! Great work.

I found the tweet about them being limited and I appreciate what they’re doing. I expected a slew of Alien/Aliens variants when the rights were announced but them prioritising versions of her character is good. The Clone could happen I guess, maybe, whatever.

“no plans for either at this time. while we have Sigourney's likeness rights we are limited in use so we r selective”

Sounds like they're limited to a certain quantity of Ripleys they can make moreso than which versions :dunno Weird...or maybe it isn't weird. Maybe that's the way it always is and we just don't know it.

Last edited:
Should probably be clarified though that that is a custom^ repainted, mouth altered etc
yes exactly, mouth is excellent there!
why it is so difficult for any company to do that, i don't know.

It's a pretty fantastic custom and that's why I won't buy that figure because mine won't look like that. I could only be disappointed.

It's a pretty fantastic custom and that's why I won't buy that figure because mine won't look like that. I could only be disappointed.
that's why i don't buy alien1s at all - because nobody of them looks even close to the movie variant. well i have a reworked HT A1 - mainly the dome shape and mouth, of course - but it's not even close to this custom.
i can forgive a lot to predator/terminator representations, but the only really priceless thing about alien 1 is its design, and to date there is nothing (available to buy).
that custom is wonderful, though according to somebody in this thread it should be called spoiled, as he numerously said that initial Neca head was spot on (posting lots of side by side photos of two vastly different heads with different proportions, shapes and detail placements).

As I've said before if they would only do it the way they do the Predators - a single solid sculpt for each stage - mouth sealed shut with lips/ lips retracting to reveal teeth/ open mouth with interchangeable ''tongues'' like the Alien Queen toy

^this way they could focus on nailing each look instead of always compromising because of the opening and closing mouth feature.

Thanks all. I hope at some point in the future Neca make a version of Giger's original sculpt

I thought the mouth isnt so good from my big chap. But then i get the big chap original version. this is realy ugly.
see yourself

IMG_20160129_100011_2.jpg
These teeth are so ...like an shredder had fun his mouth

the new version with black lips

IMG_20160129_095419_2.jpg

by the way i need an better camera..this is the best result made by kindle fire ^^

I painted the membran lips black and made som gloss paint on it ^^ yes make up for my alien :p

IMG_20160129_095459.jpg

IMG_20160129_101543_2.jpg

That looks great man! Great work.

I found the tweet about them being limited and I appreciate what they’re doing. I expected a slew of Alien/Aliens variants when the rights were announced but them prioritising versions of her character is good. The Clone could happen I guess, maybe, whatever.

“no plans for either at this time. while we have Sigourney's likeness rights we are limited in use so we r selective”

True. I think its safe to say we will at least get one version with her from each of the films like we have so far, which now leaves Alien3 which is coming soon and then Ripley 8 from Resurrection. We could possibly get her with her flight jacket and more casual look from Aliens and even her recovery / bloodshot eyes look from Alien 3 in the beginning scene. Other than that we could only get maybe one more if they wanted to do another version from any of the first three films. Heck, a Alien 3 Ripley with chestburster action would be cool if it came with an Alien Queen chestburster.

Back