NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every Alien/Predator movie has had some bad acting..I think Alien had probably the best of them all though.

But yeah, I don't see anything about the acting that is different than any other movie..it's not anywhere near AvP:R type of bad..

I get that most people don't like it because it added/changed things about the franchise..but I just dont see how it's a bad movie.

And at this point in the franchise, I like the fact that they sort of embraced the Alien..Didn't go through the whole hour long preparing to see the Alien stuff. Just went straight to it. It was meant to be a disturbing, artistic mess.

Idunno, I love it.

Meh, it blows Michael Bay's Transformer movies away...

Oh-Snap.jpg

Not really.

Because none of the Transformers movies are ment to be quailty. Just fun.

Alien Res should've been quailty, but it's just a piece of ____. No one really likes that movie for a reason. It sucks.

I can sympathise with Lar'Ja here though because I think Terminator 4 is a decent film, where many (most?) others despise it.

Not really.

Because none of the Transformers movies are ment to be quailty. Just fun.

Alien Res should've been quailty, but it's just a piece of ____. No one really likes that movie for a reason. It sucks.
I was kidding you tard.

Not every movie has to be on the level of Aliens/LoTR to be enjoyable.

If it was a bad movie, I would know, and have no problem admitting it.
But..it's not.

People see an extraordinary movie, then expect the sequel(s) to be on that same level of quality..but when it's not, it's labeled as "crap".

As for the Bay Transformers.. I don't see why a movie has to be bad to be fun. Why would anyone want to make a bad movie in the first place? And why with a franchise that has so much potential?
I don't enjoy watching them, because they're like you say, bad.
There are a few scenes in TF1 that are nice, though.

@a-dev
I don't like T4 nearly as much as the first 3..but I don't think it's a bad movie.

Always loved A:R myself, thought I was the only one. Good to see I'm not alone in that. :lol

Liked all the stuff that Lar'ja mentioned, also loved the newborn. It was just an easy fun movie for me. Bad movie? Maybe to most, but I actually enjoy it enough to re-watch it every once in a while - that's all that really matters to me :yess:

Theres such a contrast in how people 'positively' refer to Alien Resurrection to how they might positively refer to Alien. Has anyone ever called Ridley Scott's film 'fun'?

Last edited:
I just don't see any "obvious bad movie" signs with it. I mean, it had a unique story..it was very entertaining.. Awesome characters, score, designs.. the whole 200 years later, Ripley clone with Alien DNA idea was brilliant (Sigourney agrees..)...

It was very different, yes..but it was 200 years in the future..I thought the atmosphere fit it perfectly.

It was still Alien, but a whole new level of Alien..

I just don't see any "obvious bad movie" signs with it. I mean, it had a unique story..it was very entertaining.. Awesome characters, score, designs.. the whole 200 years later, Ripley clone with Alien DNA idea was brilliant (Sigourney agrees..)...

It was very different, yes..but it was 200 years in the future..I thought the atmosphere fit it perfectly.

The characters were cartoons compared to the crew of Nostromo. Token popcorn movie stereotypes all of them. The people in Alien felt like real people who happened to work on a spaceship. Their dialogue didn't feel scripted in any way. In the group scenes it seemed like the camera is just there watching a bunch of people talking over breakfast, catching parts of real conversation with voices overlapping etc rather than a planned exchange of snappy dialogue. I dunno, maybe none of that is particularly important to you but thats what I mean when I ever say that Alien 4 doesn't feel like part of the same universe. Try to put Kane, Lambert or Brett (who I shall call people) in amongst the cast of Alien Resurrection (who I shall call 'characters)....you just can't, they'd disappear because they don't talk loud enough or have any one liners. Put a 'character' from Resurrection amongst the people in Alien and you've got Who Framed Roger Rabbit!...well not really but the two can't mix, basically. They're an exaggeration of a real person, out of place with the rest.

Last edited:
Theres such a contrast in how people 'positively' refer to Alien Resurrection to how they might positively refer to Alien. Has anyone ever called Ridley Scott's film 'fun'?

Youre absolutely right, no denying that A:R strayed from the original vision. It feels more like a sci-fi adventure movie than a sic-fi horror movie.

Alien definitely wasn't fun at all, and is my personal favorite in the entire franchise. Some would say aliens was kinda fun though.

The characters were cartoons compared to the crew of Nostromo. Token popcorn movie stereotypes all of them. The people in Alien felt like real people who happened to work on a spaceship. Their dialogue didn't feel scripted in any way. In the group scenes it seemed like the camera is just there watching a bunch of people talking over breakfast, catching parts of real conversation with voices overlapping etc rather than a planned exchange of snappy dialogue. I dunno, maybe none of that is particularly important to you but thats what I mean when I ever say that Alien 4 doesn't feel like part of the same universe. Try to put Kane, Lambert or Brett (who I shall call people) in amongst the cast of Alien Resurrection (who I shall call 'characters)....you just can't, they'd disappear because they don't talk loud enough or have any one liners. Put a 'character' from Resurrection amongst the people in Alien and you've got Who Framed Roger Rabbit!...well not really but the two can't mix, basically. They're an exaggeration of a real person, out of place with the rest.

:goodpost: I never thought of Resurrection in this way before. but, what you said is true when you think about the movie like this. I mean TBH I wouldn't want Prometheus to go this route, as I would rather have a more serious tone to the movie like how I felt when I watched Alien.

I also agree with this statement. I felt that Resurrection was a very unique story that was pretty entertaining. So much so that I watch it every now and then just for _____s and giggles. Even with that said, I still feel that any Alien related movie released here on out should have the same vibe as the first Alien flick, as that's what I love about Alien in the first place.

Bottom Line: Different directors = Different types of Alien movies and nobody can anything about it. :panic:

I agree with you, and understand that NOTHING in Resurrection can compare to the original.

The fact that they did act just like ordinary people, and at some points didn't have any specific lines..just actually talked about random things made it so damn realistic. I can't think of another movie that can compare to Alien in that category.

I believe it just worked for Resurrection though. Resurrection was supposed to be this insane comic bookish, future of the future Alien movie. They were trying to make it uncomfortable even for the Alien universe.
I'm pretty sure they even say somthing about how it's supposed to have that comic book feel in the 3 hour (or so) documentary that came with the Quadrilogy.

I'm not saying Resurrection is the best movie ever made, I'm just saying it's not bad.
It seems like if it's not in the top 10 best movies ever made, it's crap.

I think A:R's problems come mostly (if not all) from the craptastic script. The ideas the movie puts forward and the story are not bad, there some very interesting stuff there, but Wheddon's script and characterizations are very weak.
And while I love Jeunet's work, I think he was miscast as director for this movie. He just went in there to do a "Hollywood" movie and went for what he calls "dark humor", and that just didn't really work in the Alien universe. Can't really blame him though, he wanted to try something different.

However, I do like the designs of the aliens. They are pretty far removed from the original bio-mechanical idea, but are very sleek and dangerous looking monsters. I'd love to see Tankman tackle them in action figure form.

Queen is way too complicated and expensive.
I'd put my bets on A3 dragon and A:R warriors, and then maybe reworks of the Alien and Aliens xenos, then we might see a Queen.

This say Neca.
But what Neca says is crap.
This says Neca on the Predator too.

Neca have a bad management, without any knowledges.
Bad for the brilliant Artists like tankman and the consumers.

McFarlane makes two Queens, with Bases !

What is so complicate and Expensive on a Queen ?
Is not complexer oder more exepensive than a 22" big chap.

With the rumors on and possibility of either/or
Spoiler Spoiler:
appearing in "Prometheus" I decided to ask NECA about thier current plans:

Me: Depending on what is in the film, is there any possibility of figures from "Prometheus"? Or have you decided not to pursue it?

NECA:no final decision has been made, we need to have a much better understanding of what could be "figure worthy"

They also responded to another person's question about the "Prometheus" liscence and said this:

"very interested in the film, not chasing license as it is all top secret & unknown to us what type(s) of things could be toys"

So depending on what shows up in the film, this might be a chance to revisit and improve the
Spoiler Spoiler:
sculpt.

Back