NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, now that makes sense. I'd say Hicks is the bigger issue; his and Hudson's skin tones are terrible in terms of realism. Much too dark, much too solid.

Yeah it's Vasquez I prefer, and Ripley before her. Hicks and Hudson look and feel a lower quality to me with their loose limbs and their dirty, scratched paintjobs.

I wish they could be redone...and yet if indeed Frost is another painted figure it would seem NECA just isn't bothered on this particular issue.

Ah, now that makes sense. I'd say Hicks is the bigger issue; his and Hudson's skin tones are terrible in terms of realism. Much too dark, much too solid.

Exactly casted flesh tone is much better, Hicks, Hudson and so on are the issue.

But the real major problem is why NECA is mixing and matching between painted and casted.

Why in these new releases is Vasquez flesh tone casted and Frost flesh tone painted.

We are going to end up with this whole line being mixed up like this?

I just don't know if I can have on display a white Vasquez standing next to a much darker Hicks, when it should be the other way round. Its just basic screen accuracy completely wrong.

I can't wait to see youtube reviews on vas & frost! Isn't it odd that they are listed already from Japan & China or have i just not noticed that happening in previous waves before? Either way, wave 9 is close and I'm very stoked for this wave.

That Vasquez figure looks absolutely amazing. I agree on Hicks and Hudson, I really hope they get a re-release at some point. Preferably Hudson with a 'normal' expression.

This is bringing back memories...

952_uscm.jpg

Exactly casted flesh tone is much better, Hicks, Hudson and so on are the issue.
Indeed. Painted flesh always looks gloopy.

I just don't know if I can have on display a white Vasquez standing next to a much darker Hicks, when it should be the other way round. Its just basic screen accuracy completely wrong.
Just like the inexplicably brown jungle boots...

I keep walking past the A3 figures in TRU...reaching out...thinking about all the broken NECA figures I've had...shuffling away... :(

That Vasquez figure looks absolutely amazing. I agree on Hicks and Hudson, I really hope they get a re-release at some point. Preferably Hudson with a 'normal' expression.
Agree 100%

Though a couple days ago Randy was asked about new head sculpt Hicks/Hudson, basically "NO" was the response.
Seems an easy product to me , reuse old molds ( history of doing so pick a color Aliens warrior, Windrix / Frost { didnt make new rolled up long sleeve}).
they just showed resculpt of Ripley head sculpt.

I keep walking past the A3 figures in TRU...reaching out...thinking about all the broken NECA figures I've had...shuffling away... :(

My A3 Alien was the first Alien figure from Neca that came with perfectly working joints.

That being said I had to keep selecting different ones until I found one that didn't have a scuffed up dome.

Only 1 out of the 5 at TrU had a clean dome.

albino alien is already available on ebay. from China only. i wonder if they are all fake.

what is new and deluxe queen? i got some regular.

New, as in new in box. It's the bad boy..erm, girl, from Aliens. Released end of 2014.

Thought I'd post that as a commercial break from Foam-gate.

oh. i already have her, thought you mean some new deluxe version. was curious :)

queen002_zpsfmmzg6bm.jpg~original

Its weird that for all people complain about Alien 3 and human figures in the line in general, every time my comic book shop gets in the Prisoner Ripley she sells out way quicker than the warrior or the WY commando. Guess people either love the figure or are using her to make their own Furiosa custom.

oh. i already have her, thought you mean some new deluxe version. was curious :)

queen002_zpsfmmzg6bm.jpg~original

Cool pic with Spider Gremlin which I missed out on!
My queen is no longer standing as second time the plastic peg snapped. Now no one has any spares :(
Dont know how else to stand her on the pole.

Back