NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jace, my man, thanks a bunch for this. It was EXACTLY what I was looking for and needed.

You are welcome! :)

Seems like the boxed (Wal-Mart) Big Chap's two version story is very similar to the 2015 1/4 Big Chap, and its two lip/mouth versions? If I understood correctly? The 1/4 Big Chap I preferred and bought is the snarled lips/open inner mouth version. And thanks to you, I now bought a boxed Wal-Mart Big Chap from NECA's eBay store. So thank you again. I hope I get the snarled lips/open inner mouth version in the smaller scale too. No matter version, the boxed Big Chap seems to be superior to the 35th anniversary Big Chap, right?

Yeah, its kind of the same thing as the 1/4th one, where it's just the luck of the draw which lip version you get. As far as which one is superior, it would just be preference. They both use the same mold (aside from the upper head because of the lips) but even the closed upper lip version of the boxed one shows more teeth, whereas on the series 2 one, the front upper teeth are almost entirely covered. And the boxed one has the brown paint apps, making it look similar to the 1/4th one. I definitely think the boxed one is better, and it is cheaper to get.

As for the Aliens Warrior Xeno, are the sculpts identical across all three versions? Is there anything else differentiating the three versions besides colour schemes? I think I prefer the brown one, as it looks truer to the movie suits no? Any place that still has them, or is the Evil bay the place to look for them?

As far as the warriors go, the molds are the same, but due to the production and factory used, there is variation in the molding and quality. The Brown warrior uses a very durable plastic and I have had no issues with mine at all aside from needing to loosen the shoulder joints. As you said, the brown version is the most accurate to the movie suits (they just appeared blue in some scenes due to the set lighting)

The blue warrior I would not recommend. It's painted just fine, but the figure seems to have been molded in a much more rubbery and low-quality plastic than the brown warrior, resulting in mold deformations/cracks, warped areas and breakages.

The Black warrior is on par with the Brown warrior, however due to it's position in the packaging and twist ties, the arms and legs might be warped. As well, I have noticed that the rear of the head at times does not fully close with the upper an lower halves, resulting in a very tiny and not very noticeable gap. As well, the majority of black warriors that I have and have seen the 4 dorsal spines can be bent inwards a bit too much. But, the black warrior has the addition of foot peg holes, where the brown and blue warriors have none.

Unfortunately at this time, the only places you can get any of them would be through second-party sellers. The brown warrior seems to be the most expensive, the blue the second most and the black is usually the cheapest and easiest to find. Brown usually runs between $35 to $50, blue at $30 to $40, and black at $25 to $40 (although I saw some for around $22 to $26 a month ago.)

They do show up on amazon as well. Here is brown on amazon for $41.95 with free prime shipping: https://www.amazon.com/Aliens-Actio...1470527867&sr=8-4&keywords=neca+warrior+alien

My best advice would be to just monitor those sites and try to catch a good deal. Occasionally some sellers offer them loose for decent prices. Beware of Chinese sellers however, as there is a bootleg warrior out there.

I regret not POing that WY commando on BBTS, ****'s impossible to find now.

It's a very nice figure. I skipped it the first time I saw one at the local TRU, regretted it, then found one at a different TRU while on a spur of the moment road trip and decided to snag it.

Hate to rub it in, but I just saw some peg warming at my local TRU. I thought for a bit that I might need a 3rd one, but held off. Maybe I'll get it tomorrow... (also a Kenner Ripley that has been there over a month! The "Gray" alien [aka: brown alien...but lighter] is also peg warming. wild)

Oh, sorry. I didn't realize. Maybe BBTS will get more in stock.
No problem man, I appreciate it anyway.

Hopefully, they still have the case but I already have 2 dog Aliens and I'm not really interested in Ripley.

Hate to rub it in, but I just saw some peg warming at my local TRU.
Because of me? :lol don't worry about it.

I actually had a chance to get some of these, a relative went to the US to visit family (they're citizens, no deporting please, if you're reading this Señor Trump :lol) so he did me a favor of getting me some figures, but I took that chance to get 2 Gordon Freemans instead, it wasn't a difficult choice at all :lol

Hate to rub it in, but I just saw some peg warming at my local TRU. I thought for a bit that I might need a 3rd one, but held off. Maybe I'll get it tomorrow... (also a Kenner Ripley that has been there over a month! The "Gray" alien [aka: brown alien...but lighter] is also peg warming. wild)

I wish I had a tru that was close to my home, the closest one to me is 30 minutes away and never has anything neca wise other than a couple Amanda Ripleys that have been vandalized and missing some of her acessories. I have to order everything online but at least tru.com has free shipping and well stocked when new figures drop.

Picked up the chestburster/ facehugger creature pack at TRU the other day. I think it was the only one left -almost missed it.

Anyone else surprised how little attention Vasquez and Frost got on the YouTube videos of SDCC? They should have been displayed separate from the Kenner display.

Yea, they really didn't get much attention at all. Personally, I'm a lot more excited about those 2 figs than all of the Kenner stuff combined. The Kenner stuff is cool but I'd rather have movie figures.

Anyone else surprised how little attention Vasquez and Frost got on the YouTube videos of SDCC? They should have been displayed separate from the Kenner display.

...Vasquez and Frost were shown at SDCC!!!??? :O

Just kidding, but seriously, everyone was so all over those zoo alien designs and forgot about Vasquez :D

They got bugger-all attention but then we'd seen them already. If it had been their debut the Kenner figures might have been ignored instead.

Anyway, got my Aliens ''creature pack'' x3 today. I hesitate to call it a creature pack. The stasis tubes are the main selling point for me. As with the eggs, not the ratio of contents I personally would have liked. I'd have preferred 3 tubes per set with 2 dead facehuggers, 1 living facehugger and 1 chestburster. But of course NECA was more sensible - I bought 3 of what they put out whereas with my idea I'd have only needed 2.

All loose facehuggers and most of my chestbursters went straight into the spare parts/old outdated figures box. Just no need for this many of them.

Back