NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't really get a proper look at these two at SDCC,

View attachment 282594

View attachment 282595

The Molten Dog looks noticeably better and the glow in the dark Xeno looks pretty cool.

The glow in the dark one does look pretty good even with the lights on. I do agree though after thinking about it that the molten lead version does need more details and added pop before even consider calling it a worthy variant. Maybe give it some crackled skin, seeping wounds and a screaming head thats half shattered.

or may be go with the movie variant and don't give him any crackled skin, seeping wounds and a screaming head thats half shattered, which wouldn't be seen through a thick layer of metal even if there were any.
instead just make the damn metal layer.

Runner.jpg

or may be go with the movie variant and don't give him any crackled skin, seeping wounds and a screaming head thats half shattered, which wouldn't be seen through a thick layer of metal even if there were any.
instead just make the damn metal layer.

To be fair, the skin crackles immediately after this picture was taken, when the cold water gets dumped on the alien, so it's a legitimate wish to have maybe a second head in the box (since it's only a variant after all).

Are the darker colored painted areas on the front and the rear portions of the dome of the 'Dog' Alien painted on the outside or inside? I received a replacement from TRU that has 'brown' paint slop on the under portion of the rear of the dome and was looking into how to remove the brown paint without damaging anything else.

FullSizeRendercirc.jpg

To be fair, the skin crackles immediately after this picture was taken, when the cold water gets dumped on the alien, so it's a legitimate wish to have maybe a second head in the box (since it's only a variant after all).
but he explodes immediately after his head (and not skin) cracks, so it would not a figure of an alien covered with lead (as promised) but of an exploding alien.

and here is what a lead alien figure could look like.

The reason neca never made a molten lead version because the fear of scalpers. If they were to make one it would be a repaint with minor head re sculpt.

attachment.php

but he explodes immediately after his head (and not skin) cracks, so it would not a figure of an alien covered with lead (as promised) but of an exploding alien.

and here is what a lead alien figure could look like.
The entire body cracks then explodes...we only see the head but the whole thing blows up.

i know what happens in the movie. i watched it 3 days ago. it wasn't about that. check from post #12901.

Got Newt today. Looks great. I'll hold off on opening her till we find out what Plan B entails although ultimately I don't expect to have any advantage here. A further release will probably devalue this and if I can't get my hands on any more Newts I'd be keeping and opening this for sure.

Got Newt today. Looks great. I'll hold off on opening her till we find out what Plan B entails although ultimately I don't expect to have any advantage here. A further release will probably devalue this and if I can't get my hands on any more Newts I'd be keeping and opening this for sure.

Congrats! I pre-purchased mine from E bay on 5/25 and the jerk I bought it from didn't ship it until last Friday. He also used the slowest possible mailing method instead of using priority mail like his auction stated so I'll be lucky to get it by the end of the week. The guy has been nothing but excuses so far even though his feedback is 100%.

It's kind of funny though that you already have yours in Ireland and I'm in the US and still haven't got mine yet.

Why did I think you were in the UK. Mis-remembering from when we had our transactions on here.

Yeah that sucks. Don't order from him again.

I bought from a chap called igytz, this is my second NECA figure from him, pretty good so far. Ships fast and both figures have arrived the very next week.

To those of you looking for parts to build an Aliens diorama, you could always take one from NECA's page and use what they do: https://www.petsmart.com/fish/filters/top-fin-undergravel-filter-zid36-16958/cat-36-catid-300088 (See the SDCC Kenner display for the results. Isn't the internet amazing? :lol)

I stopped and my local Petsmart and bought a box just to see, and yup - it certainly looks like the 'real deal' to me. Those crazy NECA diorama builders... (Actually, I think it's just one guy, whose name now escapes me. If he ever reads this: You're awesome. [And resourceful!]) :bow

Bought these a while ago but just finally opened them. For a cheap base (especially for someone like me who has no talent for building) it's a great alternative.

dwcql5.jpg

r8e4ue.jpg

Are the darker colored painted areas on the front and the rear portions of the dome of the 'Dog' Alien painted on the outside or inside? I received a replacement from TRU that has 'brown' paint slop on the under portion of the rear of the dome and was looking into how to remove the brown paint without damaging anything else.

The paint is on the inside. You could try some 99% alcohol. There are other things I could recommend for getting it off, but, it being clear plastic, there's no guarantee it wouldn't leave some unwanted cloudiness behind.

Regarding the Kenner and video game Aliens shown in the SDCC diorama - if they are considering doing Aliens from the video games, what kind of unique aliens could we get besides the bizarre colour variations ?

Regarding the Kenner and video game Aliens shown in the SDCC diorama - if they are considering doing Aliens from the video games, what kind of unique aliens could we get besides the bizarre colour variations ?

Well, there are the bosses from the SNES AVP game. A snake alien that's different from its Kenner counterpart, and a bat alien that's different from the Kenner flying queen. The other bosses and Aliens in that game aren't really unique enough to warrant a figure, I don't think. Also, quite a few unique designs from the arcade AVP game. Jin Saotome has done some custom versions of some of those already, and I believe people have posted most of them in this thread previously.

:goodpost:

Last edited:
The paint is on the inside. You could try some 99% alcohol. There are other things I could recommend for getting it off, but, it being clear plastic, there's no guarantee it wouldn't leave some unwanted cloudiness behind.

Alcohol was my first choice,but I am worried about cloudiness of the clear plastic as a result of using it. What about Flitz polish? It's used to remove scratches on clear acrylic. I just don't know if it will remove paint though.

Well, it's safe to say now that I got ripped off on my Newt ebay figure and my only hope is that NECA can come through with plan B for her since eBay prices are out of the range I'm wiling to pay. My first eBay rip job and it doesn't feel good. Everybody gets the shaft on ebay eventually and I guess my time is now:(. Since I paid for Newt over 9 weeks ago I don't even have an option to file a claim. Lesson learned but it still sucks!

Has anyone else picked up the new dynamic display stands? So far they seem to be able to support the weight of the Alien and Predator figures pretty well:

Back