NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Picked up series 7 today. Neca have done an awesome job with their AvP figures. Both the Aliens and Predators are great! I am really looking forward to an updated Wolf and Predalien.

S7 045.jpg

S7 053.jpg

S7 063.jpg

The concept alien is pretty cool too. It kinda reminds me of the fossilised Space Jockey.

S7 069.JPG

Hey guys, if you're looking for the Hicks vs battle damaged alien 2 pack for around $26 shipped GoHastings has it on sale. It's been on sale a while and has gone from out of stock to in stock a couple times but it is back in stock now. I've bought a few for customs depending on what Neca can/can't make in the future.
I'd like to take advantage of this, but it looks like Hastings doesn't ship to Canada. :(

...it's purpose is to display Facehuggers, so yeah, it belongs in a creature pack

Sent from my Moto E using Tapatalk

Yes... the stasis tube equipment "fits into a creature pack" and that's fair enough - in fact great! But the Sentry Gun idea was dismissed because it was equipment and not a Creature...

But hold on a second all I was saying was that it could've quite easily been classed as an "Aliens Accessory Pack" if they included a Sentry Gun or a different piece of equipment, because let's face it we are already getting equipment in this pack as the Stasis Tubes.

And if you have a think of what could be replaced for this extra piece of equipment it becomes pretty clear - the two extra facehuggers. Why because they are useless without the open eggs.

Imagine a display with 10 facehuggers and only 3 closed eggs, even if it was only 2 / 3 facehuggers and 1 closed egg that would be a bit iffy (just me?). We already know how to get facehuggers with their closed egg counterparts.... we really don't need anymore.

So anyone who's thinking of getting at least 4 Stasis Tubes for their collection is also going to have 4 extra facehuggers without any open eggs. Someone please tell me what they are going to do with those FH. Is it just me being picky? or have you guys already been made to buy enough FH when all you really wanted was the majority as closed eggs anyway.

None of this is a big deal and as always NECA have done a substantial job on this line, however I could of easily imaged a reality where products like the Egg Pack contained 4 closed eggs and 2 open...

Totally with you on that VLAGAS. Definitely a bit of a missed opportunity to put out the sentry guns (unless they have them planned for release in some other way). We've got far more facehuggers than we need and I too would have much preferred closed eggs to outnumber open eggs in that set.

...more pics from the creature pack:

Cd1yabPWIAAppe6.jpg

Cd1yacuW4AEJUti.jpg

I see your point about having too many Facehuggers. The egg pack SHOULD have had more closed eggs. There are 3 facehuggers in there, one with the BD Bishop and now four more on this one. As for the sentry guns, if more people continue to make noise, I'm pretty sure they'll find a way to release them that is cost effective. Alien is after all a big money maker for them and they're gonna go as deep as sales allows them to go

Reference for those stasis tubes

Forgot to turn off subtitles

The toy seems to be missing the part at the bottom. We also don't have a suitable dead facehugger. You hear that NECA? From now on the only good facehugger is a dead one.

Damn, now that you mention it, those tubes are crazy huge. They look nearly as tall as a person in that NECA promo pick. In real life they were only a bit above belt high.

Hopefully the chestbursters can stand up straight like that in the photos without falling on their sides. Now I just need to allocate some room on my shelves for all this new stuff coming out. :monkey4

I know that Randy went to LA on Monday to discuss Alien: Covenant and it's likely we're going to be getting some stuff from that next year. I wonder if he's seen some of the designs of the creatures in that film?

Edit: I forgot to mention NECA have got their own Instagram page at last. :)

https://www.instagram.com/necaofficial/

As soon as bbts put up the pre order I put myself down for one for the moment as since it'll most likely ship with the Alien 3 line in the same month it's gonna cost me a bundle. I am however intrigued of what the Alien 3 pack will include. Maybe the next facehugger Friday reveal on twitter ?

Hopefully the chestbursters can stand up straight like that in the photos without falling on their sides. Now I just need to allocate some room on my shelves for all this new stuff coming out. :monkey4

I know that Randy went to LA on Monday to discuss Alien: Covenant and it's likely we're going to be getting some stuff from that next year. I wonder if he's seen some of the designs of the creatures in that film?

I wonder with Covenant that Neca will wait to see how big a hit it will be before commiting a lot of resources to it. They sounded like they got burned pretty badly by Prometheus so thi time maybe they're gonna play it a big more safe ?

I wonder with Covenant that Neca will wait to see how big a hit it will be before commiting a lot of resources to it. They sounded like they got burned pretty badly by Prometheus so thi time maybe they're gonna play it a bit more safe ?

I could be off the mark here but I think the problem with their Prometheus line which ultimately led to its demise was NECA releasing the line 3-4 months after the film hit cinemas when interest started to wane, and the other was generally the film itself just wasn't well received with general audiences so people just weren't going to go crazy and buy the action figures. I have David 8, the Deacon and the exclusive 2-pack which are great figures. The engineers ended up being pretty big peg warmers from what I hear though.

But the biggest tragedy, however, was that beautiful Shaw prototype never got to see the light of day. If only they released her from the get-go before sales started to decline and the line died. :(

If her character is in Covenant and they have Noomi Rapace's likeness, I wouldn't mind a figure from her to be honest. But even that is a big IF.

Back