NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Final one guys: Gotta say the set looks really good from what Iv'e seen so far, cannot wait to get it. UK probably wont get it till July though :gah:.

Dallas Video Review:

Ripley does look oddly postured with that neck leaning forward. Other than that these looks really nice. I wish I could afford to buy an MOC collection of these because they look fantastic in package. Tis almost a shame to rip them open and throw away the blister - I can't even keep those anymore due to the clutter, I just save the internal artwork.

Anyway, BBTS is expecting these in the next week or so.

Ripley does look oddly postured with that neck leaning forward. Other than that these looks really nice. I wish I could afford to buy an MOC collection of these because they look fantastic in package. Tis almost a shame to rip them open and throw away the blister - I can't even keep those anymore due to the clutter, I just save the internal artwork.

Anyway, BBTS is expecting these in the next week or so.

Even the alien has the same posture...what's up with the necks always craning forward instead of upright, or rather more neutral position.

Given that both of the on-screen USCM vehicles are rather enormous, and the fact that NECA actually went and produced the Blade Fighter of all things, I'd like to hope that something like the Stinger XT-37 might be a possibility in the future. It would be nice to have a vehicle for the Marines to get around in, particularly in the event that NECA extends their Kenner tributes to the Aliens series as well.

The paint apllications on this line seems much improved. Am impressed :)

Yes the painting does seem to have significantly improved. I remember having have to go through 10+ Bishops before finding one who eyes were not painted crooked or cok eyed. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

Here are are new Aliens Series 5 shots. More can be seen here : Closer Look: Aliens Series 5 Action Figures | NECAOnline.com

Attachments

• neca1.JPG
    neca1.JPG
    191.1 KB · Views: 444
  • neca2.JPG
    neca2.JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 444
  • neca3.JPG
    neca3.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 443
Objectively I still say, I don't see the likeness there and the hair is higher than I would have sculpted it if I could do so, however, it's getting bought regardless. Looking forward to it.

I see the likeness in the wave 5 pictures but I don't feel it's particularly close to strong. That said, I don't think the likeness is strong in the pics of the jumpsuit Ripley in the wave 4 pics, either, but it looks pretty damn good in the youtube reviews, so I'm holding out hope that the wave 5 Ripley will turn out as well, high nest of hair and diaper pants not withstanding. I've got two on preorder and it'll take a lot wrong to get me to cancel. I've waited for an Aliens Ripley and a Powerloader for a very long time. Up until pretty recently I would have bought the **** out an '86 Ripley from McFarlane Toys, and as not great as those wave 5 pics look, they still look better than what Todd would likely would have made, even when that company was at the top of its game.

I just went ahead and canceled series 4 from BBTS. Not a fan of the space suits and having one already is enough. I might get series 5 Ripley and Damaged Bishop.

I have to cut back since I start getting into PAK figures, mostly Timeless Batman line and Marvel line:D

Thanks. Ordered 2. But what about the Bishop figure, BBTS. I want that one separately aswell so I can cancel my full wave order. Really don't need the Aliens.

Last edited:
The back end of series 5 are two alien figures which I am assuming are from a comic/video game. I wonder if this mean that the Alien line is tapering off?

He's talking about the Damaged Bishop for next wave. I'm still waiting for it to go up for PO separately :D

Yep, the torn-in-half Bishop. I'm confused as to why he wouldn't be available individually aswell.

The back end of series 5 are two alien figures which I am assuming are from a comic/video game. I wonder if this mean that the Alien line is tapering off?

I wouldn't say so, they probably just want to draw this line out as long as possible. Maybe they couldn't budget in any other characters that would require likeness rights or any new tooling at this particular time.

Yeah. The Aliens Ripley is a nice addition. Bishop feels like a accessory, (In the old days he would have been packed in with the Alien Queen) and the Aliens are just fillers.

Its only Ripley for me.

Back