NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4rtk05.jpg

Neca's Big chap dome always looked bad to me and they make the neck too high like a horse. And this one is no exception. Look at the Sano one above, how perfect is the neck and the shape of the dome, and specially the coloring of the dome, how Sano brilliantly put some black in front of the dome to mimic the hiding of the skull eyes behind it. And that's how it should be cause in the film you can not see the white skull and the eyes at all. Example look how beautiful the Medicom RAH Big Chap's head is, courtesy abake, and again in it you see how the white skull is hidden and beautiful small neck

iykg9z.jpg

Bet Neca will make the dome all white like their 7 inch 35th anniversary big chap and the skull and the eyes fully visible which in my humble opinion is quite film in-accurate as in the actual film, you never ever see the eyes as noted above. Probably such white dome is behind the scenes reference material accurate, but surely not film accurate. And they will always make him have that long horse neck.

I don't think it looks that bad. Its not completely movie accurate but I do still love the sculpt.

I don't think it looks that bad. Its not completely movie accurate but I do still love the sculpt.

Ditto. Plus if they make the neck as small as the screen/sano/other examples it would barely be able to articulate then everyone would raise hell because it had no range of motion.

Neca's Big chap dome always looked bad to me and they make the neck too high like a horse. And this one is no exception. Look at the Sano one above, how perfect is the neck and the shape of the dome, and specially the coloring of the dome, how Sano brilliantly put some black in front of the dome to mimic the hiding of the skull eyes behind it. And that's how it should be cause in the film you can not see the white skull and the eyes at all. Example look how beautiful the Medicom RAH Big Chap's head is, courtesy abake, and again in it you see how the white skull is hidden and beautiful small neck

Actually, Sano did none of that, this is a custom paint job.
As for the dome, I think that side by side pic is a bit misleading, the 7" figure's dome doesn't have that bubble shape. I'm cautiously optimistic NECA will keep the correct shape.

Love the Medi-Alien! A highly underrated figure.

Bet Neca will make the dome all white like their 7 inch 35th anniversary big chap and the skull and the eyes fully visible which in my humble opinion is quite film in-accurate as in the actual film, you never ever see the eyes as noted above. Probably such white dome is behind the scenes reference material accurate, but surely not film accurate. And they will always make him have that long horse neck.

You never see it due to lighting and condensation, plus the KY-jelly generously applied to it during filming. At any rate, I don't remember seeing a pic of the dome's front painted black. I find the milky-white translucent domes NECA used quite adequate...

in my opinion the head is badly done. both the dome and the jaw are very far from reality. the mouth is horrible and does not open properly. the dome looks like a bubble on the front. oh my god !! ..:slap
if this is a figure of 7 "I would have no prblem in buying but considering the size of this figure I think those bugs in the head. are unforgivable
neca here had the opportunity to make a great big chap but do not think they corrected

This looks pretty close to what NECA has tried to do, IMHO.

You have to remember that there were many different props used, from the fully mechanised heads, to the stunt helmets, to the actual statue sculpted by Giger. Each had its own unique variations. I think NECA simply went with the look of the Rambaldi mechanised prop, not the statue, and their sculpt reflects that.

Here's what seems to be a stunt head from our very own Sabre's photobucket...

27720001e2.jpg

The difference in the details around the mouth is pretty obvious, since this one wasn't meant to open.
Notice also how long the neck looks here...

This looks pretty close to what NECA has tried to do, IMHO.

You have to remember that there were many different props used, from the fully mechanised heads, to the stunt helmets, to the actual statue sculpted by Giger. Each had its own unique variations. I think NECA simply went with the look of the Rambaldi mechanised prop, not the statue, and their sculpt reflects that.

Yes : Clap

good when I say that does not seem right I do not mean to small details such as tendons. I refer to the forms of sculpture.
BIGCHAP mouth opens with "v" form and the mouth of neca. is parallel and the bottom of the jaw is very advanced. I see the mouth horribly wrong and I do not remember the spirit of BIGCHAP. and ALWAYS considering it is a figure of 1/4.

I think it is clearly visible in the above reference pic that that particular prop's mouth did, in fact, not open in a V-shape.

Of course, we each have our own preferred look for the alien, so it's all good.
As a matter of fact, I too would welcome a version with the mouth/lips shaped like the black & white pic. Have you noticed how the tube ribbings at the back of the jaw bone follow up to where the ears would be? I haven't seen any figure or statue that captures that little detail and shape.

There is still a curve in the vertical tendons caused by the two horizontal ones pulling them away from the mouth. NECA's look completely vertical. I'll just chalk it up to, like abake said, multiple prop heads and very little reference from the film itself. The overall face of the NECA is still off, but... hell, there is too little to go off of and it's still nicer than the original 22".

Until someone forgets about the inner-tongue gimmick and decides to sculpt a figure like this (and clearly, this mask was sculpted with the mouth fixed closed)...

2hqb6du.jpg

...the NECA will do.

Agreed, that closed mouth sculpt is quite beautiful.
Maybe at some point NECA will sculpt one like that, it's not like they are averse to making variants...

Back