NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
next summer...

apk1zt.jpg

Everyone getting the Dog from ebay or something? I'm still waiting on BBTS. Can hardly believe the delay on this wave.

I just got mine today from Amoktime (pre-order placed months ago).
No shipment notification or anything, so it was a bit weird. Still a very welcome surprise.

Here is how I settled on the Dog Alien pose. The clamp broke that it came with so I'm using the clamp that came with the Monsterarts Alien.

My Dog Alien collection...

The McFarlane was pretty good for its time...but pales in comparison to Neca's

Still love the old Halcyon model

Does the tip of the tail on NECA's articulate? Looks ball jointed in some pics.

I use to be a member on spawn.com forum. When I first saw that alien 3 I immediately new that it was inacurrate to the movie.

Now with a comparison video , I just wonder if Mcfarlane even tried to look up on the source before making that crappy action figure. The sculpt, articulaton, and paint is good but it looks nothing like the one in the movie. Same goes for all of their alien figures.

Anyhow That NECA dog alien looks amazing and I might actually get it , the only down side that I saw from that video review was it's teeth which seems a bit cheap.

I use to be a member on spawn.com forum. When I first saw that alien 3 I immediately new that it was inacurrate to the movie.

Now with a comparison video , I just wonder if Mcfarlane even tried to look up on the source before making that crappy action figure. The sculpt, articulaton, and paint is good but it looks nothing like the one in the movie. Same goes for all of their alien figures.

Anyhow That NECA dog alien looks amazing and I might actually get it , the only down side that I saw from that video review was it's teeth which seems a bit cheap.
And his A:R figure is even worse with it's tiny little pin head. Haha. I was a Spawn member too. Man that seems like a hundred years ago! Anyway, I've read many times that ol Todd was notorious for changing the designs of whatever property his artists were working on that he deemed "not cool enough".

And his A:R figure is even worse with it's tiny little pin head. Haha. I was a Spawn member too. Man that seems like a hundred years ago! Anyway, I've read many times that ol Todd was notorious for changing the designs of whatever property his artists were working on that he deemed "not cool enough".

Funny isn't it because NECA's more accurate Aliens and Predators sure look a lot 'cooler' than anything McFarlane produced. Weird that.

Something tells me if you were doing YouTube reviews, you'd take a mini flamethrower to all of your McFarlane figs. :lol

Not their Terminator ones. The Movie Maniacs 4 T-800 and T-1000 still have use, as does the Sarah Connor and Terminator 3 figures. But their Alien and Predator figures, for the most part, are woefully outdated now and were even questionable at the time.

Well, unfortunately I got one of the "bad" bishops. Noticeably shinier right shin/lower leg = stacky/wet paint. The red from the bug stomper shoes also rubbed off on my fingers. Leg popped off as soon as I tried to pose it. And now while I'm complaining, he looks a bit "dumpy". Too narrow and slanted in the shoulders and too big around the middle. Funny, when this series was announced he was the only figure I "wanted" (I have a very heavy Aliens lean)

I know the dog is getting all the love (and well deserved), but I am more impressed with Kane than I thought I would be.

Side note...who has the stones to rip the facehugger off and see what we are dealing with under there?
20150102_173549.jpg
20150102_173634.jpg

Back