NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poor quality control... :dunno

I checked my entire case of Alien Series 2 figures, and not one of the Alien figures exhibits the overly recessed clear head piece yours does. Have the knock-offs perhaps already started?

I went to TRU this morning and they had 2x blue Alien Warrior and 1x Windrix. They were $16.99 and no sign of the '79 ALIEN. Also I saw that BBTS and some other sites have preorders for the Hudson/battle damaged brown Alien 2-pack.

Here's a video of Randy from NECA speaking about the future aliens figures. It sounds great and sounds like it is going to be a good year fir us xeno fans!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70h_v6yqufo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Bri

No new reveals but its great that you can get interviews with this guy and all the communication they do through twitter.

And NECA really have served the Aliens & Robots licenses very well. Its just a pity about inconsistent QC on their figures.

No new reveals but its great that you can get interviews with this guy and all the communication they do through twitter.

And NECA really have served the Aliens & Robots licenses very well. Its just a pity about inconsistent QC on their figures.

Agreed.
They need to move to the new plant ASAP if it means better QC.

Sounds like a great year to an Alien fan! Looking forward to Toy Fair! Fingers are still crossed for the Queen!

If they don't put out anything else besides the Queen, Dog/Ox, Nostromonauts and some eggs, I'll be absolutely thrilled!

And the rest mate il be very suprised if the Queen is that cheap. If you judge her price by Spider Gremlin that is around £45 and the Queen would be larger i would estimate about £50 but im hoping for less. The Queen would be a much bigger seller than Spider Gremlin and probably ED 209 so that should reflect in the price. I think the cost will come down to the actual size especialy in the UK because of the shipping costs.

I don't get it. The other day I received ED-209 whose total cost for me was $96.98. No customs fees applied. Today I receive the Aliens series 2 wave, total cost $85.23 and I have to pay 15euro customs. Awesome. On the wave I wasn't feeling any excitement whatsoever for.

Either Irish customs have very suddenly tightened up or the shape of the ****ing shipping box might have had something to do with it. That's the only thing that seemed weird about this package, BBTS normally uses typical rectangular or cubical shaped boxes. For some reason they sent this to me in an elongated box that looks like you could fit an assault rifle in it. **** sake.

Last edited:
Means unless I don't go out this weekend I will have to break into a big note otherwise reserved for my next bank payment. First World problem.

Anyway, the '79 Alien looks good although as I feared the dome isn't a perfect fit, there's a slight gap above the mouth and a slight scratch on one side by the looks of it (haven't opened the figure).

Warrior Alien, nothing if not consistent, looks like its going to have a wonky leg. God forbid it wouldn't, I've never gotten a NECA warrior alien without this problem, both the old ones and the new. Jaw is also crooked although that may be a matter of futzing hopefully.

The Windrix figure looks fine from what I can tell.

NECA, is it really necessary to have twisty ties around every single limb? That outermost leg of the warrior Alien in package is getting warped by being pulled inwards by the twisty tie. And it appears to be completely needless in the first place. The damn figure isn't going to move anywhere if even just one twisty is missing.

And the rest mate il be very suprised if the Queen is that cheap. If you judge her price by Spider Gremlin that is around £45 and the Queen would be larger i would estimate about £50 but im hoping for less. The Queen would be a much bigger seller than Spider Gremlin and probably ED 209 so that should reflect in the price. I think the cost will come down to the actual size especialy in the UK because of the shipping costs.

True.
Now thinking about it, she will probably be £60.
I dont mind paying that much if she is really 1/10 scale in line with Warrior Alien.

Anyone checked the back of Windrix's packaging? I've only seen photos of the front and am curious if the text on the reverse describes the real-life Windrix or provides some details on his fictional counterpart.

Agreed! Total massacre! :lol :rock
Disagreed.

Back