NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man oh man I'm really looking forward to the new Big Chap, Blue Warrior, Dog and especially the Queen. Bishop and the Nostromo Suits too! :D

I hope they do the entire Nostromo crew, but in their regular outfits. Would love to have this display.

alien_wideweb__470x329,0.jpg

I hope they do the entire Nostromo crew, but in their regular outfits. Would love to have this display.

alien_wideweb__470x329,0.jpg

Yup, looking forward to the original film (and still the best) getting some long overdue love. Nothing yet suggests they've got the licence for all the likenesses, as far as I'm aware, but here's hoping.

Definitely picking up the Nostromo spacesuit figures.

I hope the head is improved...

I remember Kyle Windrix stating that since the sano sculpt was released by Roswell, he has been wanting to redo the head ... He mentioned at some point that the reference materials at the time were limited

I'm a huge Alien fan but these figures look terrible to me. Very poorly sculpted. Bill Paxton looks ridiculous. I guess I'm just not seeing what some of you are. Or maybe I'm expecting to much from that scale. Packaging looks awesome tho.

I much much prefer getting all of the Marines instead of the Nostromo crew.

Indeed, likewise.

Can't stress enough how much I agree, and it isn't even close. More marines!!!

Hell, I'd even prefer a Burke or Newt over most any of the Nostromo supporting cast. Call me crazy but aside from Ripley and Kane in the space suit (w/egg), the Nostromo crew to me are just too...normal (I have no doubt it was intentional). Appealing as alien bait and fantastic in their rolls, but hardly iconic as individuals.

...Or maybe I'm expecting to much from that scale. Packaging looks awesome tho.

I'm leaning toward this. I'm not saying they are perfect (FAR from it), but they are light-years beyond what came before them in this scale. Hopefully they continue to be improved upon.

I'd like Kane in spacesuit with an egg and facehugger. But the biggest dream would be a giant space jockey kit in scale (18") with the 7" action figures.

I'd like Kane in spacesuit with an egg and facehugger. But the biggest dream would be a giant space jockey kit in scale (18") with the 7" action figures.

People need to bombard Neca with this idea! 18” Chair to go with the smaller figures would be a dream indeed :goodpost:

I hope the factories don’t mess up the queen because the line needs stuff like this and if she fails the whole lots dead. I haven’t picked up any yet, waiting to see what colour the queen will be an choose variants accordingly (Collectors OCD kicking in) . If they drop the ball I will be skipping Aliens completely.

Definitely picking up the Alien and any Nostromo crew they release.

I'm a huge Alien fan but these figures look terrible to me. Very poorly sculpted. Bill Paxton looks ridiculous. I guess I'm just not seeing what some of you are. Or maybe I'm expecting to much from that scale. Packaging looks awesome tho.

I think that may be the case (what I've highlighted in bold). I'm quite certain that the calibre of likeness NECA are putting out is as close as you're going to get at their scale. Hudson is obviously based precisely on the 'Game Over Man' bit and really I don't see how it could be better at that.

Really the big problem is the type of plastic they're using and the factory paintjob your figure will end up with. Unfortunately these aspects are not even on a par with the NECA 'Dutch' (Arnold Schwarzenegger) figures from Predator. The marines sadly do not look as good as those Arnold figures so if I have a criticism that will be it.

Back