NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed. Without a helmet, I would take comms over the shotgun and holster any day of the week. Also, I'm willing to bet Hudson and Hicks will come with the same identical helmets. Which would be a huge let down, since 1 of the 2 selling points of the 2 pack marines are the helmets. I could be wrong though. I hope I am.
Someone asked on Twitter and they are doing individual decos for the helmets.

Last edited:
Can the people who are arguing about the merits of the recent Aliens game please take it to pm or the video game section.

This thread is for the discussion of the NECA figures. It's a little tiring to see this keep getting bumped with huge walls of quotes arguing about the game.

Thanks guys :)

My marines:

vru5vp.jpg

jv5idz.jpg

Why have NECA become so cheap now anyway, they used to give you 2 heads (Lost Boys, Terminator). Now they are making you buy the exact same body for a different head. That helmet should also be removable which I read it isn't, you think with all the removable hats and helmets toys have had through the years NECA could have managed that? :dunno

NECA said today, "we sculpted the heads separately then made the helmets later & drafted to heads as needed. Doesn't work as removable"

So, if you think you can make it work, you should send them your portfolio and maybe they'll hire you. :dunno

NECA said today, "we sculpted the heads separately then made the helmets later & drafted to heads as needed. Doesn't work as removable"

So, if you think you can make it work, you should send them your portfolio and maybe they'll hire you. :dunno

One does not need to be more talented than there current employees to acknowledge the helmet situation is a business decision, not a feasibility one. Any idiot with a rotary tool can make them work as removable now so to buy their "it wouldnt work" argument from initial production is naive.

Neca should have just said it was a decision based on cost effectiveness and profits, and it's their right to make that call. I would prefer it over their BS stance that they "couldn't" as if the technology of a 'hollow helmet' were beyond their capabilities.

Why have NECA become so cheap now anyway, they used to give you 2 heads (Lost Boys, Terminator). Now they are making you buy the exact same body for a different head. That helmet should also be removable which I read it isn't, you think with all the removable hats and helmets toys have had through the years NECA could have managed that? :dunno
Yeah, there really isn't any reason that they couldn't include an alternate head or removable helmet other than to produce the variant. The thing that really sucks is that you get that screaming head sculpt with the helmeted Hicks.

They said something similar about the leg holster on Robocop and two series later they pulled it off fine.

I find helmets that are sculpted on to the head often have better scale than removable helmets which often look too big. So that might be a small positive.

I would work for them but id find it hard lying so much to the customers about how what there doing now is for them and not saving money, although it does seem to work on some gullible people! :)

I find helmets that are sculpted on to the head often have better scale than removable helmets which often look too big. So that might be a small positive.

They do look better sculpted on but they should give you the helmeted head as well for the price they are charging now and the body is exactly the same. Even the Rocky Drago had different colored shorts on to justify the 2 separate figures. Also the shouting faces are awful which is why it would have been good to put the helmets on the first heads

They do look better sculpted on but they should give you the helmeted head as well for the price they are charging now and the body is exactly the same. Even the Rocky Drago had different colored shorts on to justify the 2 separate figures. Also the shouting faces are awful which is why it would have been good to put the helmets on the first heads

I'm also not too fond of the screaming faces.

Btw, what have they "lied" about in the past? Do you have any direct quotes you can reference?

I think she's coming during the holiday season. Personally I'm looking forward to the 1/4 Alien Warrior (at least I hope it's the Warrior and not a new Giger) next year.

Also my two Genocide packs from CSC apparently shipped. Yay.

I think she's coming during the holiday season. Personally I'm looking forward to the 1/4 Alien Warrior (at least I hope it's the Warrior and not a new Giger) next year.

Also my two Genocide packs from CSC apparently shipped. Yay.

yes i think dec/jan, such a long wait. congrats on your genocide 2-pack.

Normally I would agree but these helmets fit kind of large to begin with. Its even noticeable in the 2 packs. Their hair really isn't much of an obstacle either, due to how short it is. Hudson's is already matted down to his head. IMO If there was ever a line perfect for removable helmets I think this is it.
Hicks.png

I'm also not too fond of the screaming faces.

Btw, what have they "lied" about in the past? Do you have any direct quotes you can reference?

You don't have to be a brain surgeon to realise they are doing a lot more cost cutting than they did before. They are getting as much use out of the same figures as they can and pretending its for the collectors.

Back