NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which size have this Big Chap proto ?
What inproved Neca on this, except the articulation ?

The legs are totally new sculpts, the face and dome are re-sculpted, and the hands also seem to be new sculpts.

As for the size, it's probably a 2-up, i.e. somewhere in between 12" and 18".

If a decent portion of the figure's sale price goes towards the Windrix family, I'll definitely buy this. It's always nice to help out for a good cause especially to the family of a man who's brought us some of the most amazing and accurately sculpted figures from our favorite movies.

If a decent portion of the figure's sale price goes towards the Windrix family, I'll definitely buy this. It's always nice to help out for a good cause especially to the family of a man who's brought us some of the most amazing and accurately sculpted figures from our favorite movies.

Amen to that,:exactly:

HEY!!! ...What the heck?! I just realized the helmeted 2-pack Hudson doesnt even have his helmet cover. No 8-ball or "short timer" calender count down graffiti. That on top of all the extra rivets on the front plate and missing ridges on the back lobster plates...

This ongoing helmet fiasco knows no end!!:gah:

(I guess now I finally know the pain of all the guys complaining about the minutia of predator and Giger alien sculpts).

Who is this in NECA's stall at SDCC 2013:

sdcc2013_neca_44.jpg

He wasn't in the movie so I have no interest in getting this guy.

I'm glad I'm going to wait for the helmeted versions of Hicks and Hudson, the SDCC pics I've seen confirms they are much better sculpts. :lecture

Who is this in NECA's stall at SDCC 2013:

sdcc2013_neca_44.jpg

Call me crazy I think this might be the female medic, she had a butch haircut and she was kind of manly with a low voice and flamethrower, she torched frost with the gun clips when the first alien grabbed here.:lecture

Where's Vasquez..C'mon Neca

Call me crazy I think this might be the female medic, she had a butch haircut and she was kind of manly with a low voice and flamethrower, she torched frost with the gun clips when the first alien grabbed here.:lecture

Where's Vasquez..C'mon Neca

Farro, you copy? :lol

The fact that you apparently cannot cite even one specific example is hardly convincing (though, of course, your judgment ought to be discounted in the first place simply for apparently having enjoyed those execrable AvP movies enough to take your user-name from a character from the same, but that's beside the point).

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Thanks for the laugh

Kyle Windrix's brother who is battling cancer.

My ball-joint head complaints suddenly seeming very insignificant.

Are these actually going to be for sale? I have to admit seeing something like that in stores would be very......odd.

Pretend I know nothing. Who and why?

Kyle Windrix is I think a sculptor at NECA. They wanted to do a tribute to his brother who is dying of stomach cancer (I think that's what it was, not sure, its definitely some form of cancer). It probably doesn't have any significant value towards collectors since its not a movie accurate piece. You could probably use it to customize other figures in the long rung.

The legs are totally new sculpts, the face and dome are re-sculpted, and the hands also seem to be new sculpts.

As for the size, it's probably a 2-up, i.e. somewhere in between 12" and 18".

What was wrong with this areas on the old one ?

Are now the lines/borders on the long skull sculpted ? On the old wan this was painted(very cheap looking o the final product).

To me, it looks that the belly/genital area is new sculpted too.

Kyle wasn't happy with the feet.
And the legs had to be re-sculpted to fit the new articulation, same goes for the pelvis.

The dome was too bulbous in the front, so it was changed, and it looks like the upper lip is now sculpted snarling.

Not sure about the hands, but they do look different.

Back