NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to have a wall section with all that 'secreted resin' that I could blend a warrior alien into. To recreate the scene where Dietrich is grabbed from behind.

:exactly:

And not so implausible an idea with NECA putting out the P2 Trophy wall.

Yeah true. I can put something like that together. Resin mould and cast latex copies. Sculpt it in a way to house one if the warrior figures.

Bri

I'd be curious to see that. NECA probably won't make Dietrich but you could put any other marine with their back to it and it would work as a display.

I'll start work on thst tomorrow night then. I'm saving some Hive images that I can use as reference. Making them from latex will add a bit more realism. Add a few colinists in there too. Feel free to post up some reference pictures! :D

Bri

After looking at someone who posed the Alien warrior in a crawl stance, I have to get this.

alienw9.JPG

Hopefully I'll find it at a TRU soon. I wonder if they're gonna release an 18 inch scale one.

Awwwwyeeeuh, there it is. I wanted to see that, thanks for posting it.

None around here yet, just found Pred series 9 though.

I'd love to have a wall section with all that 'secreted resin' that I could blend a warrior alien into. To recreate the scene where Dietrich is grabbed from behind.

Yeah but secreted from what?

I just got my set from CSC this week and right out of the box Hicks has a broken right arm and some piece of his armor was broken off. I really couldn't tell where it was supposed to attach to. The articulation on the arms really seems poorly executed here. The forearms just don't move well with the elbow joint because of the way they're sculpted. The upper arm joint is what was broken on mine.

I just got my set from CSC this week and right out of the box Hicks has a broken right arm and some piece of his armor was broken off. I really couldn't tell where it was supposed to attach to. The articulation on the arms really seems poorly executed here. The forearms just don't move well with the elbow joint because of the way they're sculpted. The upper arm joint is what was broken on mine.

The marines are a definite lower quality than Dutch from the Predator line. I can't write them off because ''its USCMs finally!'' but they've been a little disappointing in that regard. Mine haven't broken but the joints seem a bit flimsy and there's the paint peeling off etc

The flesh parts just don't look as good as Dutch. They should switch to whatever the method was to make and paint him if possible.

My figures arrived this morning.

Paint (Marines/Zenomorph ****/***)
I must have gotten lucky because the paint on all three is great, the marines are insanely detailed with many small details, the only slop is at the neck. The Zeno paint looks good, but there is very little tonal variation, the brown paint could have ben dry-brushed with more care.

Accessories (Marines/Zenomorph *****/*)
Each Marine comes with four accessories, which is IMO quite a lot. Other than the helmets, I can't think of more they could add. Zeno comes with no accessories, however he is a larger figure and the back top spine can be removed for dramatic posing.

Sculpt (Marines/Zenomorph *****/*****)
Quite simply these are the best versions of these characters in any form. The likenesses are dead on and I love the scared expression on Hudson, it captures his character perfectly.

Articulation (Marines/Zenomorph ****/*****)
Each figure has over 20 points of articulation, most of which are ball joints. I deducted one point from the marines since several of the joints were stuck and I have to nerve rackingly free the joint without breaking it.

Based on those pics above I don't know how. (No offense Blade*)

*please take up perfect opportunity for Hicks quote

Hmm. I 'm responding to an old post, but I prefer it because I always feel that paint done well looks way better than unpainted translucent flesh tone plastic. Neca sometimes can't pull the painting process off very well on their figures and they turn out looking bad or having paint flecks, but I really don't like the unpainted plastic look of Dutch and the Predators either. They don't look terrible, but if they were painted well, they'd look a lot better in my opinion.

Picked up the Alien Warrior today from TRU. I don't understand the complaints....I think he looks great, and the poses that he can pull of are ****ing amazing. The only thing I'm iffy about is the color. I haven't seen Aliens in a while, but I don't remember them being brown.

The Marines looked like ****, so I passed on those.:horror

...The only thing I'm iffy about is the color. I haven't seen Aliens in a while, but I don't remember them being brown.

Much like the Brown Bess gear and weapons (Pulse, Shoulder lamps, Motion trackers, belt tools, sentry guns, and APC! were all BB but looked OD) the actual color in real life did not appear the same on camera

The 'brown' alien is the true to life color, although on screen they often did appear blue or black thanks to dark lighting, a blue filter on the camera, and glossy goo that reflected the colors of the environment (Appearing a very shiny black).

If anyone wants to see a screen used one, check page 272 of this link
https://www.profilesinhistory.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Hollywood53FINAL-updated-121012lo.pdf
(sorry, not sure how to pull an image off a pdf)

Last edited:
Hmm. I 'm responding to an old post, but I prefer it because I always feel that paint done well looks way better than unpainted translucent flesh tone plastic. Neca sometimes can't pull the painting process off very well on their figures and they turn out looking bad or having paint flecks, but I really don't like the unpainted plastic look of Dutch and the Predators either. They don't look terrible, but if they were painted well, they'd look a lot better in my opinion.

Not sure I agree but since NECA's paintjobs are rarely, if ever, up to snuff these days shouldn't we err on the side of caution and do it like Dutch by default?

:exactly:

New pose :) there are so many posibilities
Have to work more on the backround.

h
ju8abu9y.jpg

qa6ehuga.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back