NECA 18" Alien in hand pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GIGER palette: Greys, Browns, Tans, Black, glosses. Not much else. It's the arrangement that counts. Won't force overdetail like some do with a figure this large, although that is fine, it's all open to interpretation on some levels anyway.
I just want it to look like the movie, so he'll have a VERY Giger-esque look when finished.
Good news is, it looks so darned accurate as a sculpt, that it will kinda paint itself. No interpretive stuff needed really.
Just need a clue as to how to remove the clear head crown first, so I can get in there and repaint that inside head area. That is part one of this affair. Then reglue the crown, putty that seam line, and take my time and repaint head to toe. Probably will glue the back tubes and details in place after painting also.

Anyone making a base for their's? Stands well, but I would like some autonomy in posing, and a secure base might help that. Any ball poses yet out there? Probably not able with it's limits. Secured the smaller one this week also. Maybe it can do more being it's thinner and smaller.

i definitely plan on making a base for him... just not sure when i'll get to it. my first thought was to simply have grating, with an acid burn through... need to watch the movie again to get inspiration.

GIGER palette: Greys, Browns, Tans, Black, glosses. Not much else. It's the arrangement that counts. Won't force overdetail like some do with a figure this large, although that is fine, it's all open to interpretation on some levels anyway.
I just want it to look like the movie, so he'll have a VERY Giger-esque look when finished.
Good news is, it looks so darned accurate as a sculpt, that it will kinda paint itself. No interpretive stuff needed really.
Just need a clue as to how to remove the clear head crown first, so I can get in there and repaint that inside head area. That is part one of this affair. Then reglue the crown, putty that seam line, and take my time and repaint head to toe. Probably will glue the back tubes and details in place after painting also.

Anyone making a base for their's? Stands well, but I would like some autonomy in posing, and a secure base might help that. Any ball poses yet out there? Probably not able with it's limits. Secured the smaller one this week also. Maybe it can do more being it's thinner and smaller.

Les, I found a way to remove the Dome. What I did was find a gap between dome, and head and stuck a small flat head screwdriver in there. I then lightly kept prying the screwdriver around the entire dome. It als helps to heat the head up with a hair dryer. It will also help part the dame and heead.

Cool beans. I may have to log out for a bit, but I will look back in at this thread soon, so post when you can. Any info is good. I may pop mine asap, so at least that is done and I can start on him soon. It's gonna take forever. My A3 took three weeks without as much other work going on, so this one may take some time.
At least I can get the inside head done soon and shore him back up.
Thanks for the info.

Sorry Les, I could only get it half off this time. I guess the glue I used reall worked. Well here's the pic.
2z68g0z.jpg

Awesome! Only...I hope you didn't do all that again...just for me! Thanks if you did. At least I know you can though. What glue did you use to put it back on with?

Jase, good for you man!

And CelticP, I doubt it. This one is much larger than the Mac.

Les, what will you do with the skull? Embellish the existing detailing (the black marker pen lines) or paint over it and start again?

Awesome! Only...I hope you didn't do all that again...just for me! Thanks if you did. At least I know you can though. What glue did you use to put it back on with?

Jase, good for you man!

And CelticP, I doubt it. This one is much larger than the Mac.

I did, but ah hell it's for the Figure Master.

I used model glue, like the stuff Tesors used. I used small beads of it, so it isn't very visable. It melts the plastic, the dome to the head.

When I am done with mine, he'll look like in the movie. no "extra" slime around the mouth though. Too constricting. Just plenty of wetness look after the final details are painted in.
My advice to anyone waiting to get one is, GET ONE NOW! Then decide on paints etc later. It is too great a price now to pass on. When it is pretty much gone, I see this one as a high value item. It could easily be a $100 item as it is. Can't believe the price range on it.

Just a small heads-up for those interested!

The second wave NECA Alien with cloudy dome is showing up states-side. A fellow collector from the Hive got the alien with cloudy dome from megahobby.com.

It seems that the mouth closes better as well.

Damn! Where am I going to put another 21" alien?

Re: NECA 18" Alien in hand pics

Just a small heads-up for those interested!

The second wave NECA Alien with cloudy dome is showing up states-side. A fellow collector from the Hive got the alien with cloudy dome from megahobby.com.

It seems that the mouth closes better as well.

Damn! Where am I going to put another 21" alien?
can it stand up yet?
________
R12

Last edited:
Back