NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m serious too lol.. I wasn’t saying that to make light of your statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m serious too lol.. I wasn’t saying that to make light of your statement.

Ahhh OK cool. Still the bandanna was sculpted pretty dam good. well pretty much what we'll get when they shrink the figures to 6 inch when the time comes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

started browsing the thread from the beginning and found a collage i made in the early days.

facetofacetmnt_zps8mlszzqv.jpg~original

i'm so glad the sculptor chose some best variants of those masks. they don't always look that good in the movie.

also found this :lol February 2016.

See what ended up happening was I let other people's hype influence me to buy something I haven't collected in 20 years. :D

Still no regrets about this one though.

You're right indeed that they chose the best movie heads to base the sculpts on. Although even the worst looking ones from the first movie still trounce the ones from the third movie - wtf. I googled it today after it was mentioned earlier. The suits were horrendous.

Nothing will ever top the first movie looks. The first movie perfectly capture the cartoon and gritty tone of the turtles .

Second movie- not bad but look awful compared to the first suits. Wide eyes and weird texture.

Third movie- complete joke. Look like frogs. So many spots. Ugly as sin. Just looked so fake.

2007 movie -nothing bad about them- nothing really stood out either

Bay movie- abosolutly terrible. Shrek, hulk size, ugly abominations with a bunch of stupid unesessary accessories that made them look to busy. Just absolutely terrible.

It's a shame. 27 yrs later and we haven't had one movie to top the first one. It's not even hard to do.

who has the second TCRI canister? Leonardo? i haven't opened him yet and don't know.
always afraid to throw away accessories i don't know about. happened with HT Robocop chair monitors decals.

The shoulders are ball joints. However, the hole in the upper arms that connects them to the ball joint are on the side of the upper arm. That limits movement a little, but the arms still lift up sideways quite a bit and can rotate quite a bit too.

are you sure? will try. thanks.

Yep, Leo has the unbroken TCRI cannister while Donnie has the broken one with the hole in the side.
thanks for the info! now i'll make sure i don't lose anything.
How's the paint on your set? Any flaws that you can discern?
found one flaw on Donatello: the mask on the left side of his head is not glued accurately. there is a little gap between green and violet - and some bubbles in it. but the gap is narrow, plus i can always cover it with a tail of his bandana if i start seeing it too vividly.

who has the second TCRI canister? Leonardo? i haven't opened him yet and don't know.
always afraid to throw away accessories i don't know about. happened with HT Robocop chair monitors decals.

Yes. It came with Leonardo.

yep i got that answer above, thank you as well :)
i thought about purchasing an 1/1 canister and put it behind turtles. but now that i see how huge they are... i don't know. probably won't have space.

Are you sure? will try. thanks.
I'm pretty sure. When I first received Donatello, I could only get his arms to move forward and back. The first Youtube review I watched gave the reviewer the same impression. The second Youtube video I watched explained that Donatello's shoulders were very stiff, but they could actually lift up sideways on a ball joint.
I haven't had any trouble since working Donatello's shoulders in. Many recommend using a hair drier to heat the joint up a little to loosen the tightness.

I'm pretty sure. When I first received Donatello, I could only get his arms to move forward and back. The first Youtube review I watched gave the reviewer the same impression. The second Youtube video I watched explained that Donatello's shoulders were very stiff, but they could actually lift up sideways on a ball joint.
i can move mine up and down, forward and back. i wondered if i can make them lean forward or spread back.

Oh, it's no problem dude. At least we sort of know each other. lol We've been saving to pay off our car and we lack exactly three hundred bucks. So it has me thinking. They're opened and displayed. Have the boxes etc.

Oh, it's no problem dude. At least we sort of know each other. lol We've been saving to pay off our car and we lack exactly three hundred bucks. So it has me thinking. They're opened and displayed. Have the boxes etc.
U will have to sell them at a loss and won't be at $300. ;)
Just have to pay one more months care payment

Back