NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't even opened any of my Turtles. Hell, Leo is still on my POL.

Just can't find space with all the crap I have!

So you're saying you're full of crap?

*Just kidding, just trying to bringing levity back to the surroundings*

The HT apologists are in full force, I see.

Have fun paying $230 for a 6" rat and be happy, I'll stick with NECA's "cheap" plastic. And yeah, I used to have a huge HT collection, and sold it all, not worth my time or $$$.

The amount of nonsense one has to blab about in order to justify HT's pricing is mind blowing, as always.

Surprises the hell out of me how many dedicated fans I get on a daily basis, and the funny part is that I don't even know who the **** they are!

It's usually the newbies though, they max out their CC's on HT's and believe they have some sort of "authority" on what others say.... on a message board. lol.

So much anger against people that collect Hot Toys lmao! So, instead of actually debating me, you just ignore it and trash talk :clap

Surprises you how many dedicated fans you get on a daily basis? You're the one that trashes Hot Toys fans for no reason other than to make yourself feel justified for buying some Ninja Turtle toys and the good price you think you got lol.

Think about it. YOU'RE the one trashing Hot Toys fans... for no reason, i read this forum everyday, no Hot Toys fans are coming here at random to **** talk you. You keep spouting your nonsense about Hot Toys fans justifying bla bla bla, coming in here and etc. You're full of it. You're the one going on about it, trashing them. I just happen to have these Turtles, actually have opened and displayed them (unlike you) and I read your trash talk and responded. It sure wasn't Hot Toys fans coming in here trashing these Turtles.

Yeah, I might be new to this forum as you call me a newbie but I promise you I'm not new to collecting. I also don't have maxed out credit cards. Is that you projecting onto me? You sound so bitter and jealous that other people have the funds to be able to buy Hot Toys or other expensive toys. You're so worried about other people's finances, why?

Also, you keep bringing up Rocket Racoon... wtf. When did any of us say we're buying him? Yeah, he sucks but so does alot of Neca figures lol.

Quit worrying what others spend their money on. Quit thinking everyone that collects Hot Toys has to max out credit cards to do so. Did it occur to you that some of us just have a lot of disposable income? I'm not bragging but I've did very well in life with my hard work, so money isn't remotely an issue to me. If it is to you, I'm sorry but don't hate our judge others that don't think buying Hot Toys is that big of a deal. What you think is too expensive or over priced, to the next guy, it's entirely reasonable.

You act like because you have more posts on this forum, you have some authority lol. Nah, you're just the guy who can't debate me, so you ignore what I post.

I don't think it's Hot Toys fans that's the problem... I think it's you.

Goes on how great these toys are, hasn't even opened them. Goes on to trash Hot Toys.... doesn't even own any :lol

Yeah, when dude said you were a troll......he was right on the money!

I don't take you serious now.

You haven't even opened these Turtles and you're going on how great they are. You don't even own any Hot Toys and you're saying how terrible they are.

In before you bring up Rocket Racoon again.

No one is talking about him but you haha! I'm not buying him, he's irrelevant. You keep mentioning him to promote your hate of Hot Toys. I'm not buying him, I don't give a crap about him. Is he too expensive? I don't know, that's how little I care. I think you're really secretly wanting him and it makes you feel good to trash him. Maybe someone will surprise you for Christmas.

Time to get a bigger house bro, if you're out of room. You shouldn't have maxed out those credit cards. I'm joking but seriously, you have an obsession with people maxing out credit cards. I've read other forums where you've said this before. Just because I don't post, doesn't mean I don't frequent here. What is it your business what people do with their money? Worry about your own wallet.

Also, you act like all Hot Toys people have to preach about why these toys are worth it and etc. All I know is, they aren't too expensive enough for me to buy a few a month if I feel like it. Maybe that's my privilege of hard work and dedication where my job affords me these luxuries. When I see something I want, I buy it. I don't obsess over it's price and I sure don't obsess over what others buy. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and who are am I or you to judge what is worth something to someone else. I've seen people like you before in person when I go to the lake with my speed boat, always talking about how expensive it is to own one and they wouldn't ever pay that price because it's not worth it. I'll say the same about Hot Toys as I say about my boat. It's worth it to me because I feel the amount of fun or pleasure I get out of it is worth the money I'm paying. Who cares what others think, they're not paying your bills. I worked my ass off for what I own, anyone that judges what I buy can drink a tall glass of shut the F up.

You don't think Hot Toys is worth it, then they're not to you. I'm not arguing about you what is worth it or what isn't. I'm just responded to you about that ridiculous 600 dollar Turtle price you pulled out of your ass and letting you know not all Hot Toys fans are sheep and trying to figure out why you're such a hater and hating on people who aren't even in this forum. I didn't realize you couldn't be reasoned with lol.

However, since you don't actually own any Hot Toys, haven't even opened up these Turtles to judge, I can't take you serious any longer. You're just hating to be hating and I'll do myself a favor, not read your posts anymore.

ice-cube-as-craig-jones-in-friday-bye-felicia by allen lamb, on Flickr

From Neca's twitter...

@NECA_TOYS 10h10 hours ago

Pretty slim NECA added,

Travis Trent @travistrent81
@NECA_TOYS what are the chance getting bebop rocksteady April and splinter from the cartoon??

I guess they're done with the toon Turtles... :(

I've noticed pictures of Raph in here with tooth picks.

I recall a seller on Ebay that had them, does anyone know which seller that was or somewhere else I could get one? I've thought about making one too lol.

Use this. I've had some shiny spots on Raph and this cured it.

https://www.amazon.com/TAMIYA-TS-80-Clear-Spray-Laquer/dp/B000ZVO3YS

Just get some masking tape to protect the rest of it.

Looking at it I'm having trouble deciding if excess shine is the problem or if the scales now need to be repainted a darker green. I was only able to rub off the black paint on the scales themselves - not between the scales and this has the effect of making those scales stand out more than they should.

Y'know what, I'm half thinking of just buying another one. For one thing I'd surely allow me to replace the wonky sword. I haven't seen any other reports of bent swords, I seem to have just been unlucky there. And maybe it would be beneficial to have another entire figure for spare parts. Other than the heads, shells, upper arms and weapons-holders they all have exactly the same parts and should be cross-compatible in the event of a breakage. Now, it'd be really ***t if I did this and got yet another Leo with paint flaws on the head. That would defeat my primary purpose in buying another....

My swords were bent but it wasn't so bad that I couldn't bend them back and use a air dryer or hot water to fix.

How bad are yours?

I've never had much luck correcting warped parts. They always revert to their bad position.

It's just one of the swords and even the hand-guard is wonky.

I've never had much luck correcting warped parts. They always revert to their bad position.

It's just one of the swords and even the hand-guard is wonky.

I see. Man, that sucks. Even know I think mine might still slightly be bent, I don't dare want to go see because I'll end up obsession over it again lol.

All of mine I got from BBTS and Toys R Us, I knew it would be a hassle returning them so I just had to fix everything. I love these figures but the amount of work just to get mine to look good does piss me off. Shouldn't have to remove paint, add paint, fix joints and weapons on 100+ figure like this.

But at the end of the day.... they just look so damn beautiful.

Neca 1 4 scale 18 inch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1990 (4) by allen lamb, on Flickr

Neca Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles TMNT 1990 Movie Turtles (4) by allen lamb, on Flickr

Neca Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles TMNT 1990 Movie Turtles (3) by allen lamb, on Flickr

Neca Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles TMNT 1990 Movie Turtles (2) by allen lamb, on Flickr

I see. Man, that sucks. Even know I think mine might still slightly be bent, I don't dare want to go see because I'll end up obsession over it again lol.

All of mine I got from BBTS and Toys R Us, I knew it would be a hassle returning them so I just had to fix everything. I love these figures but the amount of work just to get mine to look good does piss me off. Shouldn't have to remove paint, add paint, fix joints and weapons on 100+ figure like this.

But at the end of the day.... they just look so damn beautiful.

That they do. They essentially look high-end and that's why any imperfections are more annoying than they usually would be on a NECA figure. The paint schemes are actually beautiful, it's just the potential for error that reminds you that they're actually not high end. That and packaging that doesn't safe-guard them from warping and damage as high-end packaging would.

Very nice toy room by the way.

edit - oh, I hadn't actually tried to fix the warped sword. I will give it a go however. If I can correct the weird problem with the hand guard it might be possible to get the blade straightened out by lying it on a flat surface (with the handle suspended over the edge of the surface) and placing something very heavy on top of the blade for hours or days even...maybe...hopefully....

3rd Besta added.

19800706_10155480309459346_7235031052724602294_o.jpg

My God these look so fantastic. I wish I could own them. Just no space sadly. I will have to settle with the SDCC NECA turtle set instead.

That they do. They essentially look high-end and that's why any imperfections are more annoying than they usually would be on a NECA figure. The paint schemes are actually beautiful, it's just the potential for error that reminds you that they're actually not high end. That and packaging that doesn't safe-guard them from warping and damage as high-end packaging would.

Very nice toy room by the way.

edit - oh, I hadn't actually tried to fix the warped sword. I will give it a go however. If I can correct the weird problem with the hand guard it might be possible to get the blade straightened out by lying it on a flat surface (with the handle suspended over the edge of the surface) and placing something very heavy on top of the blade for hours or days even...maybe...hopefully....

Thank you about the room.

Basically everything you said is how I feel about the Turtles.

Good luck with getting the swords straight, I know what a hassle that can and will be. Gets to the point where I obsess over things like that so much that I feel like I'm crazy lol. Sad thing is, I literally have OCD haha. So sometimes when it comes to action figures, I can get bad trying to find or fix imperfections. With this scale, things are so noticeable to me.

Looking at it I'm having trouble deciding if excess shine is the problem or if the scales now need to be repainted a darker green. I was only able to rub off the black paint on the scales themselves - not between the scales and this has the effect of making those scales stand out more than they should.

Y'know what, I'm half thinking of just buying another one. For one thing I'd surely allow me to replace the wonky sword. I haven't seen any other reports of bent swords, I seem to have just been unlucky there. And maybe it would be beneficial to have another entire figure for spare parts. Other than the heads, shells, upper arms and weapons-holders they all have exactly the same parts and should be cross-compatible in the event of a breakage. Now, it'd be really ***t if I did this and got yet another Leo with paint flaws on the head. That would defeat my primary purpose in buying another....

Post pics of the issue, maybe other opinions will lead you to a decision. I got lucky when I replaced Raph the last time since that one was out of pocket and not a replacement but it turned out to be a keeper. I'm thinking I won't get Leo until the dust settles.

Despite how big a hit these four guys are, do you think we will see anything new from this line at SDCC ? Didn't Randy just recently pour cold water on some more of the main characters being made in this line like Bebop and Rocksteady, or is he meaning another scale instead ?

Back